Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+1 dtspoke.

The conquests provided a terrific cost/benefit point even if they were $100 more than what they were selling at. A 1"-American-flavored-baby-Zeiss. The ounce or two extra and larger eyepiece were noticed but minor compared to jumping up to 30mm Diavari.

The Terra's getting panned as a step backwards. The HD5, even if as good as the conquest, is larger, heavier, and not offered in any fixed, nor any variable choices I'm even interested in. I read the ad copy as to what was improved upon, and shrug. (A smaller eyepiece, #4 reticles in fixed powers, a 6x offering, shave an ounce... those would be constructive improvements.) But anyway I can have an "improved" HD5... for double the price of the old conquest. Don't see me reaching for my wallet, do you?

Not sure who's waving goodbye to who, but this relationship has turned sour.

(Aside: Had to hunt for a 2.5-10x42 Victory when you canceled that venerable scope, too. Sheesh.)

And while I appreciate MJensen's participation and candor, this little bit is just embarassing:

Originally Posted by MJensen
The Terra was never intended to be a Conquest, it was built for an entirely different reason, a bread and butter, no frills, good quality scope to support the shooter that needed to be supported with a top brand at this price level.

So, we couldn't afford to sell the conquest at it's price point, nor see fit to re-label it and simply raise the price accordingly. But we can build a mediocre scope at that price point and plan for people's vanity will draw them to pick the Zeiss-labeled mediocre scope over the comparable xyz-labeled mediocre competition? It's genius! (sarcasm) Gag.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by sandcritter
+1 dtspoke.

The conquests provided a terrific cost/benefit point even if they were $100 more than what they were selling at. A 1"-American-flavored-baby-Zeiss. The ounce or two extra and larger eyepiece were noticed but minor compared to jumping up to 30mm Diavari.

The Terra's getting panned as a step backwards. The HD5, even if as good as the conquest, is larger, heavier, and not offered in any fixed, nor any variable choices I'm even interested in. I read the ad copy as to what was improved upon, and shrug. (A smaller eyepiece, #4 reticles in fixed powers, a 6x offering, shave an ounce... those would be constructive improvements.) But anyway I can have an "improved" HD5... for double the price of the old conquest. Don't see me reaching for my wallet, do you?

Not sure who's waving goodbye to who, but this relationship has turned sour.

(Aside: Had to hunt for a 2.5-10x42 Victory when you canceled that venerable scope, too. Sheesh.)

And while I appreciate MJensen's participation and candor, this little bit is just embarassing:

Originally Posted by MJensen
The Terra was never intended to be a Conquest, it was built for an entirely different reason, a bread and butter, no frills, good quality scope to support the shooter that needed to be supported with a top brand at this price level.

So, we couldn't afford to sell the conquest at it's price point, nor see fit to re-label it and simply raise the price accordingly. But we can build a mediocre scope at that price point and plan for people's vanity will draw them to pick the Zeiss-labeled mediocre scope over the comparable xyz-labeled mediocre competition? It's genius! (sarcasm) Gag.

Yeah, I think it was a miscalculation on the part of Zeiss.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 62 invisible), 2,661 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,037
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.