Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'll stick with calling BS. smile smile I can't wear suspenders, I have neck problems. Can't wear bib overalls or bib-type rain pants anymore. I'm ok for a little while but then it starts to hurt ... bad. For some reason, my backpack doesn't do that ... I'm guessing it's a matter of them binding under other clothing like a jacket over the top.

If you're going to wear suspenders, I'd head for a loggers supply store. Those are guys who wear 'em and work in 'em so what they sell has to work, not just decorative.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
No self respecting farmer would wear anything but bailing twine fer suspenders.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
been there done that!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not much of a suspenders fan unless they are holding up some sort of specialized outerwear or bunker pants, but just about all of my entire everyday wear is from Duluth Trading and it's all top-notch schitt. I suspect their suspenders will be the same.

Duluth Trading Co.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My wife advised many years ago, I think we were living in Kansas at the time, that if I ever wore overalls or suspenders she was through. I took her quite seriously.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Always chuckle at these threads as "suspenders" over here means something quite different! grin

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Back when I was a kid most country folks around my part of the country called pants suspenders as well the straps on bib overalls, galluses

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I also wear a belt with suspenders.

Me too. Safety issue and also, where else would you hang a knife? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
atvalaska;
Thanks for the educational and sometime entertaining thread sir. I honestly never expected a suspender thread to generate what it has. grin

Here in our part of Canada most folk use either loggers suspenders picked up at the chain saw shop or work wear store - I recall seeing a bunch of blaze orange Husqvarna ones - or they use hockey suspenders picked up at a Sportchek type of store.

The ones I use/used for years on some surplus Euro army wool pants were maybe $10 hockey suspenders and they've lasted countless washer cycles.

Anyway hopefully that was some use to you or someone out there this rainy, almost snowy morning sir. We're off to see if a whitetail buck will stand still for our eldest daughter so I've got to slither off up the mountain now.

Good luck on your suspender search as well as any remaining hunts this fall.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pete E
Always chuckle at these threads as "suspenders" over here means something quite different! grin

[Linked Image]

for some reason I like yer version much better. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by milespatton
I also wear a belt with suspenders.

Me too. Safety issue and also, where else would you hang a knife? miles

So do I especially when I carry inside waistband CCW.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pete E

[Linked Image]

Thanks Pete..... Sincerely appreciate the cross cultural exchange information grin

Please don't feed the trolls!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by joken2
Back when I was a kid most country folks around my part of the country called pants suspenders as well the straps on bib overalls, galluses

Yep!

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I gleaned several web sites with neat stuff from this thread. This is what 24 hour is all about IMO.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hold Up Suspenders, best ones I've ever used and I've been using suspenders for over 30 years.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who has a "belly" and uses suspenders?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
lol. you fellers need to grow an ass :-D. I like nice heavy belts. duluth tradings ultimate belt is a great belt for work/daily/concealed carry. Takes a few weeks to break in properly though.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Suspenders are fer them guys who got a big belly and no ass.

When ya belly gets so big that ya gotta ditch the belt and take up a pair of straps ta hold ya damn britches up, it's time to lay off the pork chops and take up the yogurt.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Speakin' o'which,...as soon as the Thanksgiving festivities are over,..I gotta knock off my annual 20 lbs.

,...had to go up in the attic here while back and dig out my fat britches again.

Didn't used to be much of an issue to knock off 20 lbs,...but once ya hit 50 years old,..you got to eat less than your skinny ass cat to take off any weight.

To make matters worse,...anytime I get below 190 lbs, my wife thinks I'm fixin' ta chit and die and starts draggin' home all kinds of pastries from the grocery store.

It's hard to take off weight when you can turn in all four directions and see a fuggin' do-nut.

,...crazy ass women, anyway.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 160user, 51 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,614
Posts18,454,947
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.