Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
[Linked Image]

I want to give guys here a chance first if any have the need of a beautiful, accurate 300 win mag. I bought the gun for an out west elk hunt that did not happen as my 80 yr old Dad got sick with cancer that year, since then I have been fortunate enough to acquire a mint 59' in 264 win mag as my long range whitetail,coyote hammer. I just do not need two magnums in SW GA for deer. I have a 56' NM on the way and the 300 must go. PM if it is something you folks could use. I will stick it on classified here as well later today, Cold weather blew in last night and Im headed to my favorite stand if I can find my long johns. very best

Last edited by winchesterpoor; 11/13/13.
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I know some of you guys from big sky country can use this baby doll !

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Not a lot of love for the BOSS here I guess. I'm more interested in the '56 NM. Is that a National Match, or a Norma Mag? If it is, I'd dump the 300 win in a heartbeat as well. Nice classic SG boss you got there. Good luck with it buddy..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
BSA , my first BOSS was the year they came out, 30-06 classic sporter boss. I bought a gun at the end of each cropdusting season,a very good friend, a flying,shooting and hunting buddy rode over to hardware store in Thomasville GA, the winchester had just come in and I jumped on it as well as a Leupold 3x9 scope, 2 boxes of Fed prem 165 gr BT's, after old timey bore sighting I was on target in 3 shots and put 3 in the bull with all 3 touching, classic clover leaf. Killed 8 deer and still had bullets in first box after season ended. My friend started hounding me on day one and 14 years later I let him have the gun after I found the same gun in super grade. I met and still talk via computer with the Man that was head of R&D of boss program, he shot over 30 K rounds, he said ( privately) Winchester barrels shot better than Browning and that .25" 5 shot groups were a common occurrence. I am sold on them BUT the damn break will blow ear drums out, they came out with solid or CR weight and they sound and kick like any gun.The brake does tame the .300 win mag to 308 like kick. If I did not have .264 win mag I would not sell the boss 300, The 30-06 went to son in law as a wedding gift, long story short the boss is not a gimmick, it works and works well IF you have a good barrel to start with.NM is national match and transition is inbound, both in 06 my favorite get it done cal. very best

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I hear you about the 30-06. Good luck with that National Match and the transition!! Please post some pics after you get them...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
EricH here on the fire had a SG NM that was a super gun, I think it shot as well as it looked as well, last time I emailed him I think he had sold it to another campfire guy

Last edited by winchesterpoor; 11/17/13.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
EricH here on the fire had a SG NM that was a super gun, I think it shot as well as it looked as well, last time I emailed him I think he had sold it to another campfire guy

EricM? I'm sure that's who you are talking about and he sold it to hunthard in AK if I remember correctly. That sure was a beautiful NM. He sold that rifle after he bought my std wt '51 30-06 since my rifle shot as well (If not better) as his NM wink

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
One of our pals here on the winchester forum that is doing the transition 06, just sent me a text , he had just picked up the rifle and it was stunning. Im like a kid wanting to get it home. Im gonna slow down on the pre 64's and put my reload stuff back together and start re loading again, I have not rolled my own since mid 80's. It looks like primers are back on the market again and Ive got 15 gals of various cal. brass to clean and sort.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The BOSS does work well. I had a Safari grade MKII BAR in 270 that had the BOSS, true clover leaf three touching groups was the norm, and it was my first real dear rifle.

I just thought that all rifles shot that way, sold it like a dummy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those Boss rifles do seem to shoot well after you get them dialed in, I just find them extremely hard to look at.

`Bring Enough Gun`
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
They look a lot better when they send 4 other guns to the house after shooting 5 shot at 1 and 200 using FGMM 190 smk's . I kinda hate to let her go. very best

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (12344mag, 2UP, 35, 338Rules, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 20 invisible), 1,386 guests, and 856 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,470
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.