Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Video has surfaced in the case of a law enforcement officer charged with assault for his mistreatment of a suspect in Marion County, Florida. The officer, Charles Broaderick, was working at the county jail when he apprehended James Duckworth, a man that had been accused of driving under the influence. The video shows Duckworth arguing with the officers before making a noise with his throat. Broaderick believes this to be a threat to spit on the officers, so he slams Duckworth against the wall and yells at him.

�Hey! You don�t spit at officers,� Broaderick says before forcibly pushing Duckworth into the wall.

Afterwards, Duckworth�s blood can be seen strewn across the white wall as the officers discuss whether or not he had spit at them. Broaderick appears to immediately realize his mistake, lifting Duckworth and attempting to give him medical attention. According to the Daily Mail, Broaderick was arrested for assault regarding the incident but spent just 13 minutes in a cell at the prison, after which he posted his $2,000 bail. He has been placed on unpaid leave as the investigation unfolds and the lawsuit against him continues.

Due to the increased use of security monitors as well as individual smartphones, prevalence of police brutality being caught on camera has been widespread throughout the past few years. Stories such as that of Oscar Grant (the BART rider shot by an Oakland officer and documented in the recent film �Fruitvale Station�) demonstrate that while this ability to self-monitor our officers allows justice against innocent victims to be served, even overwhelming evidence of police brutality cannot change the actions of the officers nor the victims that suffer injuries due to their actions. [video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sxInfITfnmY[/video]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't like being spit at.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Don't take a job as a cop then.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Unreal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw a good one the other day...

Q: How many cops did it take to throw the perp down a flight of stairs.?

A: None,.. he slipped....

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang straight it was assault.

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Nobody does.

If I, non-leo, believe someone in restraints sitting before me might spit at me in the presence of law enforcement officers and I split his head open, would that be justified or would I be arrested?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The officer was justified only in spitting back. That would have made for a great video.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Marion County is my home turf, born and raised in Ocala.....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by RickyD

Nobody does.

If I, non-leo, believe someone in restraints sitting before me might spit at me in the presence of law enforcement officers and I split his head open, would that be justified or would I be arrested?

A spitter, in restraints, gets treated to the spit mask. I know several guys that don't clean spit masks........spitters get to share "product" with each other.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
The officer was justified only in spitting back. That would have made for a great video.

He may be justified in spitting back but I doubt it...how does he respond when there is a possibility that the spitter has AIDS or Hep C?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by RickyD

Nobody does.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't people with AIDS been charged with felony assault for spitting at people? Just sayin'...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The guy never spit on any police officer , the cop and his department will lose in court on this one , big time

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Looks clear cut that the cop is in hot water. Slamming a drunk, do you feel good now? Hope the drunk gets $$ from this.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I didn't see any spitting, regardless, that cop is [bleep].

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But he sure proved to the world that he is one tough dude! whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
If he even tried to spit I'm all for him taking a hit.

Strangely, the Fox video from about 3 weeks ago of the big cop throwing a drunk young lady into a holding room in a fashion to crush her sternum against the steel, immovable chair is not to be found anywhere.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the fellow is lucky Officer Broaderick didn't just pop a cap on him.
Seems I read somewhere, that spiting was all the reason a cop needed to kill the perp.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Don't take a job as a cop then.

No way I could do the job.

If a fella hacked a wad and even made like he was gonna spit, I have no issue with him getting his head cracked. Not that it's legal or even right.

Argumentative I can handle, spitters....not so much. I can't get too mad at this cop.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Myself. May not be legal but it ought to be.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (5sdad, 673, 406_SBC, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 450yukon, 14 invisible), 2,097 guests, and 796 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,381
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.