GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by ldholton
Who in the [bleep] would live there to start with ??

I dunno', maybe folks who are seeking to get an education, or work in world class hospitals, or make six figures a year, or enjoy the myriad wonderful things it does have to offer? But then not everyone can do these things. That much is clear. Very clear.
LMAO you and these cities could not survive more than 48 hours with out people like me

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by ldholto
nLMAO you and these cities could not survive more than 48 hours with out people like me

You're right. I guess folks need *someone* to pick the trash up...

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by ldholto
nLMAO you and these cities could not survive more than 48 hours with out people like me

You're right. I guess folks need *someone* to pick the trash up...
How about the few that feed you [bleep] in the big cities , you know grow food raise cattle , hog, (meat) just how big a supply do you think there is on hand in your stores? there is a lot of handleing goes on long before you 6 figured making smart assed DR'S get to eat it ? but bet you highly educated yankee ass never thought of that did it ? GFY

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! That didn't take long. lol

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
they knew what sweet tea was,

I'm with ya brother. On my trips north, mostly to Ohio/Pa, I have attempted to explain to waitresses that a solid, sugar, is difficult to dissolve in a cold liquid, tea with ice. Once I got brown gravy on my biscuits. sick

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been there. It's cool, interesting city, with much history.

And it was interesting to me, watching the hours of video when the bombs went off, how many people ran toward the explosions. Good people.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I've been there. It's cool, interesting city, with much history.

And it was interesting to me, watching the hours of video when the bombs went off, how many people ran toward the explosions. Good people.

Thank you, my friend. I appreciate that very much. And while I'm hardly a voice claiming to represent anyone other than mine own, as a born and bred Bostonian can say with conviction and sincerity that fellow Bostonians and Massholes alike appreciate your words and sentiment. Truly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boston strong. lol laugh

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Ah, and another one of the several resident failures in chief murmurs something. Some manner of douchebaggery, no doubt. Y'know, anything coming from a proven liar, one without the fahkin' sack to even show his face or support a single one of his obvious fables even ONCE? How much stock can anyone put in anything he blathers about? Yeah, exactly. Run along now, and toss up some random post about football or something...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You mad super hero? grin

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Leighton,

glad you and everyone there is safe and sound....

its ridiculous that cities like Bean Town are having to endure threats like this...

I have a bad feeling it won't be going away....

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Ta, John.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
KG do you commute on the trains from your new home to work?

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Jcubed
KG do you commute on the trains from your new home to work?

No, friend. 80 mile R/T, and the commuter rail schedule doesn't work for me. Plus, I loathe the T for the most part. I have a hard time keeping my thoughts to myself as far as city vermin not offering seats to those who need it and things like that. As such, when I used to ride the subways a lot, which was often late on the way home, well...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
When I went to college in Boston, I use to ride the MTA on Sunday in the winter from Mattapan to Harvard and then back & forth to Dorchester in the winter.... in those days it was a quarter to ride from Mattapan to Harvard Sq... and you could just walk to the other side and head back without paying any more...

I use to ride around on it for 5 or 6 hours ( I didn't have a car in those days) and just people watch.... it was pretty entertaining, and only cost a quarter....

I took friends to do the same thing later in college.... no one didn't have a good time... the MTA was pretty entertaining to people watch...

things were safe in those days....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Gotcha

Figured you didn't ride the train. NYC MTA can get interesting as well as you know...

Safe travels to you this winter season!

Last edited by Jcubed; 12/13/13.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
KG would have gone all kung fu on the bad guys and then ate 15 pounds of sushi to celebrate.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Shouldn't you be sleeping? smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Things changed, and very much for the worse since the days you rode the T, bud. In the late 80s and early to mid 90s, with the tidal wave of crack and bad things and people seemingly flourishing in much of the inner city, the T became an often lawless and dangerous place. A good friend of mine, a w-i-l-d one back in the day too ;), after HS became a MBTA cop.

I was watching the news one fine evening and saw a live report of a shooting, wherein an officer had approached a couple of suspicious young thugs on an Orange line platform at Mass Ave. One of them upon being approached pulled a heater and fired blindly on ole ossipher Kenny before turning and bolting. The rookie calmly pulled his dep't issued nine and cut loose. Not sure if he blasted one or both, but he gunned down at least one of them. Years later I ran into him working the door at a Landsdowne club, Venus de Milo maybe, and mentioned I'd seen him on the idiot box, and asked about details.

His brief story went something like, '...punks tried to shoot me point blank...pulled my shyt and busted him in the back on the run. So how the F are you, brother? Been awhile since I've seen you; you looking good man!'. wink

He, some years later, became the first Asian to make detective in the history of the city of Cambridge.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/cambridge/news/x563262501#thecomments

He's now a dick with the 'Bridge's major crimes unit. We fish together every couple years. Anyway, good times.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,885
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.