Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I dunno.
It nailed me Ok with Springfield ,Ma., But Stockton and Buffalo?

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shreveport
Baton Rouge
New Orleans

Y'all and poboy got me.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Baton Rouge Y'all
New Orleans Neutral Ground
Jackson, MS 18-wheeler

Always wondered why people here in Montana could guess that I was from down south.

Tim

"I hate rude behaviour in a man .....I won't tolerate it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Tommy Lee Jones) The Movie "Lonesome Dove"

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Of the three cities, one was my hometown!

Me too

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Nailed my Azz!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pira114
I tried to answer as honestly as possible and it dang near nailed my current location. Which is far from where I grew up. It's also weird because many people question where I'm from and say I don't use words common to where I live. Mostly, I think, because my parents never lost their dialects and accents.

So I took it again and tried to deceive it. And it put me in the same location.

I'm not sure what to think about this. I'd call BS on the test and say it's using the location of the nearest internet server, but some of you seem to indicate otherwise.

Weird.

My family moved from where I grew over 40 years ago but it still nailed me. I live over 1000 miles from there now.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It kind of ticks me off how they put y'all at the bottom of the list. It was even under "other". It is evidently an important factor in the test. I took the test several times, changing various answers except the "y'all", and it always landed me in the South. The test hasn't put me close to my house yet though. They are still a couple of hundred miles off.

Harry
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The three cities that it pulled up were Stockton, Santa Rosa, and Salt Lake city. If you draw a line between Stockton and Santa Rosa smack dab in the middle is Concord, Ca. I grew up in Oakland which is only about 20 miles away.

If that isn't weird enough I now live in Colorado and Salt Lake City is just about halfway between Fort Collins and Oakland.

It's an NSA website. eek

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was raised in northwestern rural ohio but I have lived my adult life in the deep south and south florida. Im told I speak a curious blend of the two dialects and phrases. I guess im a real mutt. Funny this test put me dead center between where I have lived north and south in Lexington Kentucky.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting. Perhaps dialect is one if the most accurate profiling tools!? smile

I'm 1700 miles away from where I grew up and have been for over 15 years, but the quiz gave me Madison, WI; Grand Rapids, MI; and....Milwaukee, WI.

I was born in Milwaukee and grew up north of Green Bay. crazy

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
The three cities that it pulled up were Stockton, Santa Rosa, and Salt Lake city. If you draw a line between Stockton and Santa Rosa smack dab in the middle is Concord, Ca. I grew up in Oakland which is only about 20 miles away.

If that isn't weird enough I now live in Colorado and Salt Lake City is just about halfway between Fort Collins and Oakland.

It's an NSA website. eek

Martinez, Port Chicago, Clyde.
Oakland? Was rough in the day.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It said I was in Richmond.

I'm near Ft. Lee.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by fish head

It's an NSA website. eek

Martinez, Port Chicago, Clyde.
Oakland? Was rough in the day.

Rough? Just a little. grin

One of my fondest memories of living in Oakland was riding in the car with my mom past the Alameda County Courthouse and seeing a Black Panther standing on the steps holding a shotgun.

----------------

It wasn't all bad. Less than a 1/2 mile away from the courthouse was the inlet to Lake Merrit where we caught stripers on an incoming tide.

But ... I did have a bunch of black kids strong arm rob my Rapalas one day. laugh

Last edited by fish head; 12/25/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
got me down as SEattle Tacoma which is close to Victoria B.C.

there has also been a study done off hair samples to locate where you have been living in the last few years , I believe it's based on chemicals and vitimins

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Wow, it was so far off on me it, wasn't even close.
For most of the test, it showed I was not even from this country. It finally settled in Alabama and South Carolina, two places I have never even been close to.
No wonder people think I talk funny.

MOLON LABE
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Very Accurate!

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
norm;
Merry Christmas to you and yours sir!

I took the test twice and one time got Spokane, someplace in Nebraska and another city in the mid west and then the second time landed squarely in the mid west.

As I was born and raised in the "mid west" of Saskatchewan, perhaps that follows? laugh

I do know from our travels in the US I can get by speaking Texan, am fluent in Arizonan and almost need an interpreter to speak Bostonian. blush

Merry Christmas again to you all Norm.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pira114
I tried to answer as honestly as possible and it dang near nailed my current location. Which is far from where I grew up. It's also weird because many people question where I'm from and say I don't use words common to where I live. Mostly, I think, because my parents never lost their dialects and accents.

So I took it again and tried to deceive it. And it put me in the same location.

I'm not sure what to think about this. I'd call BS on the test and say it's using the location of the nearest internet server, but some of you seem to indicate otherwise.

Weird.

can't be I am in north Alberta and it put me in Seattle key word was kitty corner

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Wow! surprisingly accurate.

You reckon...It seems to think I reside in Los Angeles, Minneapolis/Saint Paul, New York.

And I know I don't sound like a Yank.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
norm;
Merry Christmas to you and yours sir!

I took the test twice and one time got Spokane, someplace in Nebraska and another city in the mid west and then the second time landed squarely in the mid west.

As I was born and raised in the "mid west" of Saskatchewan, perhaps that follows? laugh

I do know from our travels in the US I can get by speaking Texan, am fluent in Arizonan and almost need an interpreter to speak Bostonian. blush

Merry Christmas again to you all Norm.

Dwayne

and to you as well Dwayne and the family. we are hanging around o right now hows your weather?

norm

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
665 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 75 invisible), 2,744 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,640
Posts18,399,000
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.