Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mike,

Potentially injured is what I said, by being asked to take back a gun for no good reason(s). Lied to in that I was told that the situation could not be rectified and that it was too late to send anything to the FFL because the gun was "already on its way"... that was the lie. Differnt from, "I have left the gun with the FFL and asked him to return it"

If he did not wish to own the firearm, he could have easily NOT put up the ad asking to buy one, requesting photos, then sending the money. Several times and ways to not "end up with the gun" if he did not want it for some reason. IME, Most Dealers are just fine with e-mailed copies of drivers licenses or FFL's or whatever. There was a signed copy with the handgun that was somehow damaged in transit, or during the opening of the packaging and this was beyond my control and therefore not a reason to refund, but rather a need to repair and get the needed document to the dealer which I did with all due haste. I offered to re send it via Fax, overnight mail or e-mail and the dealer gave me an e-maill address then called me to tell me it was recieved and AOK.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
To avoid issues like this, I ALWAYS offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I've sold a bunch of stuff on the internet. I've had one item returned, and it was a high dollar rifle. The guy that returned it sent me well over $200 worth of bullets gratuitous for the hassle free transaction. I later sold the rifle to a satisfied buyer for MORE than the first go around.

Crap like this just isn't worth dealing with. Nobody wins.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'd also be curious to know how that handgun was shipped? It also seems that being the middleman in the deal could be perceived as making one a "dealer". I think I'd be doing my damndest to make things right.

Right from the BATF's webpage:

Q: Does a collector�s license afford any privileges to the licensee with respect to acquiring or disposing of firearms other than curios or relics in interstate or foreign commerce?

No. A licensed collector has the same status under the Gun Control Act (GCA) as a nonlicensee except for transactions in curio or relic firearms.

[27 CFR 478.93]

Q: What does �engaged in the business� mean?

The term �engaged in the business,� as applicable to a firearms dealer, is defined as a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms, but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms.

[27 CFR 478.11]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
OP, post pics showing "scratches all over it". O/w its just he said/she said.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Safari, you made my "do not deal with" list.

Your situation is clouding what should be very basic good judgment and ethics.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Now I know why ffl's charge you to ship your sh**

Thank The Lord for imr4064!
-I don't always run a hoe; but when I do I hit the pipe
Bergara sidekick .223 wylde
Bergara B14 ridge 6.5 creedmoor
Ruger 57
Dead air Sandman L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
All I'll say is, more and more lately you sound like a professional victim. Are you an Obama voter?

+1...
I can link myriad postings of sellers health and money problems, to the point where fire members have financially helped, and then i read the "I'll take it's" like for the pistols earlier this week.

I am a big time believer in helping those in need, but guys have been played and laid by this guy for a long time. I just shake my head.

Last edited by broomd; 12/28/13.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by ctsmith
To avoid issues like this, I ALWAYS offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I've sold a bunch of stuff on the internet. I've had one item returned, and it was a high dollar rifle. The guy that returned it sent me well over $200 worth of bullets gratuitous for the hassle free transaction. I later sold the rifle to a satisfied buyer for MORE than the first go around.

Exactly right. I too have had 1 item returned, no sweat and eventually traded it to JB who even wrote an article about the rifle.

I've never typed 100% satisfaction guaranteed as I've always assumed it was understood in any transaction amongst men.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Why would you state no returns-that itself seems fishy.Why would be selling on gun broker or other sites be different?Lets see some pictures.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Here's a damn interesting quote from that pistol thread:

Originally Posted by 444Matt
Mark being the good guy that he is PM'd me to see how bad I wanted the 357 and what kind of deal I could make him.

IC B3

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
This is the second thread like this w/safariman as an involved party that I have read on the last 2 months. That leads me to believe if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck its prprobably a duck. I have now started a do not deal list. Thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by broomd
All I'll say is, more and more lately you sound like a professional victim. Are you an Obama voter?

+1...
I can link myriad postings of sellers health and money problems, to the point where fire members have financially helped, and then i read the "I'll take it's" like for the pistols earlier this week.

I am a big time believer in helping those in need, but guys have been played and laid by this guy for a long time. I just shake my head.

If you are talking about me, the guns I claimed were on a "the money is coming later" deal which the seller accepted and which I appreciated. He was aware that I had no cash on hand at the moment I was trying to make the purchase. He has accepted a pay later offer. I am grateful for that, and will honor it in the time frame that he and I agreed on.

I have never asked for anything from anybody, it has been now a very long time since Ringman put up a lets help Safariman post which I asked him to immediately take down, and he did. I have been doing my damndest to take care of my own stuff by sellinig off stuff in order to make bills while I have been unable to work, and have even had to mostly quit hunting unlessss I have a lot of folks around to assist me. This is very embarrasing and humbling to me. I also did not ask for Failing Kidneys, thought I would work in my proffesions until at least into my 60's. My disease and condition is inherited and not treatable and getting worse.

I put NO RETURN on my gunbroker deals because I describe them accurately, use many photos, and I am only selling because I am pretty needful of the money. I would love to have kept the guns I have had to sell, but sell them I do to keep the boat afloat. Once I have the cash, it is pre spent.

I have allowed return's one or two guns or other items IIRC, but this was because there was a reasonable reason to do so. Not the case in this scenario.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
P
PSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by broomd

+1...

+100

Duly noted as well!

Took me about three deals before I learned I do not want to deal any more.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I never spend the money till the buyer tells me he is happy.

This is the only way I will do business.

I sure wont' do business with someone who thinks otherwise.
And this is not Gun Broker. It's between gentlemen.

I've never typed 100% satisfaction guaranteed as I've always assumed it was understood in any transaction amongst men.

Well said.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by safariman
If you are talking about me, the guns I claimed were on a "the money is coming later" deal which the seller accepted and which I appreciated. He was aware that I had no cash on hand at the moment I was trying to make the purchase. He has accepted a pay later offer. I am grateful for that, and will honor it in the time frame that he and I agreed on.

Mark being the good guy that he is PM'd me to see how bad I wanted the 357 and what kind of deal I could make him.

That sign reads like blood in snow. And get over the [bleep] victim stance!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have an ffl (gunsmith) I am restricted by county zoning regulations in regards to my business license. I can ship and receive guns but not sell or transfer. feds don't care other than a provision that says I have to follow state and local laws.

Mark I would still buy from you with confidence..

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Safariman,

Didn't you have another issue with a lever gun too?

Dink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Didn't intend to sell that, and have not done so. 444matt PM'ed me about it first, and because he is one of what I consider the good guys here and I have had positive PM's and conversations with him in the past, I told him that if he really wanted it, maybe we could work something out.

He declined until further notice so I will be keeping that one as planned as a replacement for a different gun I sold during hard(er) times.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by ctsmith

Exactly right. I too have had 1 item returned, no sweat and eventually traded it to JB who even wrote an article about the rifle.

+1

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Didn't intend to sell that, and have not done so. 444matt PM'ed me about it first, and because he is one of what I consider the good guys here and I have had positive PM's and conversations with him in the past, I told him that if he really wanted it, maybe we could work something out.

He declined until further notice so I will be keeping that one as planned as a replacement for a different gun I sold during hard(er) times.

So you have or will have money for a new to you pistol (actually two, one of which it's obvious you already tried to turn for a profit before it's even paid for or in your possession), but don't have money to make things right with the OP, gotchya. I think I'd quit digging.

Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
645 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 69 invisible), 2,766 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.