Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
Easy on the Midwest/Southeast bashing! Some of us use our kit!

pointer (mistakenly) moved to the midwest but he does use his kit.

TAK is a moron.

I like the SE.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BlackDog1

Schit Travis, I don't know if I can handle another harrowing episode of Sgt. Preston's daring do today..............

Yeah? Well go march the pipeline in South Korea with a bag full of nails and no shoes except snowshoes after you killed everyone in Iraq with nothing but an MSR Windpro and get back to me.

Travis

PS- I'm sleeping in a hammock during this hailstorm posting off from my phone that is being run by a 1000WT Honda Inverter that I packed in a backpack that isn't your backpack because your backpack sucks.

PSS- I don't own a camera.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Crap,.......I just blew coffee all over myself. I know its risky taking advice from a "Novice" but do you think the wind pro will dry my shirt out before hypothermia sets in or am I screwed ???????
Thanks in advance........

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BlackDog1
Crap,.......I just blew coffee all over myself. I know its risky taking advice from a "Novice" but do you think the wind pro will dry my shirt out before hypothermia sets in or am I screwed ???????
Thanks in advance........

I only know that you and I will have a Happy New Year.

Merry Christmas and GFY.

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bashing aside on TAK, the WindPro is a performer. Of course I am a big fan of the micro rocket as well. Carry on.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Happy New Year Miller.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another +1 for the Jetboil Sol.

Awesome kit.

Note: Not recommended for use in a hammock...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
Easy on the Midwest/Southeast bashing! Some of us use our kit!

pointer (mistakenly) moved to the midwest but he does use his kit.

TAK is a moron.

I like the SE.

Travis
The fact that both of you are using the term "kit" to describe the stoves is grounds for bashing! Now I kinda dug this Kit!
[Linked Image] I played HS and Am Legion ball at two of the fields in that movie.

"Your Head. It's that lump 3ft above your ass!"

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
How does the Jet Boil do in cold weather? Like 20 degrees or lower?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Below 20F, you'd be pushing the limit of the Jetboil. Warming the canisters does help though.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I suppose I've had 20 or so stoves since I got my first Hank Roberts in 1974. There were surprisingly decent stoves available back then.

More recently, having done the Ti-Pot/Giga/Pocket Rocket thing (neither of which impressed me much), I settled on a Jetboil Ti 2.5 years ago. Uses about half the fuel of the Giga, while being essentially as light (and lighter on longer trips because of its fuel-miserlyness).

The Jetboil Ti is one of the most impressive pieces of gear (or "kit" if you're from British Empire, which I ain't) I've seen in years. Truly revolutionary.

The older Jetboil (got my first of those in 2006) worked "ok" down to 15-20F and the newer jetboil works better down to around 5-10F.

Below that a good White Gas stove makes the most sense. Hard to beat an MSR International or old Svea 123 there...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Fun thread.

My backpack is a Dodge Durango. My hikes are only long enough that the Durango is still in sight. Nobody has shot at me in 40 years. The only times I leave the US I'm on a cruise ship. And my tent is a La Quinta.

But when I go fishing, I take along my Swedish military cook kit with its Trangia/SVEA stove, an MRE or two, and a nice big stainless steel cup for hot drinks.

I ain't givin' any advice.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
I've consistently scored 2+ standard deviations above normal on damn near every sort of psychometric evaluation I've ever sat for.

If it wasn't for your low scores in modesty, you might have reached 3+ on your aggregate.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Question about the Jetboil.

Does it JUST boil water? 90% of what I do is boil water but sometimes I actually simmer something in a pot of water and even use an MSR fry pan to make pancakes, etc.

I'm thinking the Jetboil would not work for that, and will only boil water albeit very efficiently, correct?

I'm mostly content with my PocketRocket and in fact, selling my Whisperlite as I never use it.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...417725/MSR_Whisperlite_stove#Post8417725

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have 2 Svea stoves that I used for many years. However, since I got llamas I've switched to these single burner Coleman stoves. No, they're not for the minimalist to say the least. However, the propane works at any temp and any elevation. They're MUCH easier to light than a Svea and they really crank out the heat, enough that they make a pretty good tent heater, too. The only drawback is that they're too top heavy. I should have got one that sits flat with the bottle next to it.
[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by snubbie

Does it JUST boil water? 90% of what I do is boil water but sometimes I actually simmer something in a pot of water and even use an MSR fry pan to make pancakes, etc.

I'm thinking the Jetboil would not work for that, and will only boil water albeit very efficiently, correct?

I'm mostly content with my PocketRocket and in fact, selling my Whisperlite as I never use it.

There is a fry pan and larger sauce type pan you can get. Can't say I wanna schelp it on a back pack trip though. I've cooked rice, eggs, bacon in the larger pan. You have to tend to the heat and it does OK. If you really want to be able to simmer, the gig is a SnoPeak 1400 with Dragonfly stove. If you monkey with the stove just right, it will fit fine in the 1400 set.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

You can make a venison stew or boil up some oatmeal in a Jetboil. But then you'd have to clean it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tjm10025

You can make a venison stew or boil up some oatmeal in a Jetboil. But then you'd have to clean it.
Yep! If using the regular Jetboil pot, you have to constantly stir it or it will burn in a hurry! Mine still carries the results of trying to cook some Dinty Moore in mine on it's maiden voyage... Since then I just relegate mine to boiling water. I'd like to get/try one of the larger pans sometime though.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
I've consistently scored 2+ standard deviations above normal on damn near every sort of psychometric evaluation I've ever sat for.

And why did you have psychometric evaluation in the first place ? That might answer a lot of questions on what you post.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You can remove the Jetboil pot and use it like a regular burner/stove. It works well in that configuration too.

Travis

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
687 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 78 invisible), 3,080 guests, and 1,474 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.