Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldRook
Pm me your address. I've got a spare knife and compass I can send.
Thanks to Old Rook for the beautiful Schrade knife and compass which arrived today. Bill will be very grateful.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
I can help out. I know I have slugs, just not sure if 2.75" or 3". May have a set of binos. Don't know where they are, as there are some boxes still not unpacked from the move, but I'll look. I'd bestow a set of waders but your buddy's feet are too big.

If he's willing to take it down and clean the hell out of it (the action is like molasses right now but I assure you it still runs), I'll sell you a Winchester 1300 pump for a dollar for your buddy. I think I have two barrels for it. It's my first long gun, and has killed a boatload of ducks and other critters. FFL transfer only. Let me know.
Leighton-PM sent.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If anyone has a used pair of size 13 hunting boots, we could use those yet. Also, XXL long johns would be appreciated. Stuff has started coming in, and I will be putting the first care package in the mail next week. Your prayers and contributions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks again guys,

Jeff

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
I cannot imagine what your buddy feels like, losing everything in the blink of an eye. The family pictures, the little treasures built up over a lifetime, the everything.

Our house burnt to the ground years back. Stuff is just that. STUFF.

The pictures and heirlooms are the irreplaceable items that hit the family hard. Mom's especially.

Jeff, let me know when you need that gear. We'll get to your buddy.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Tom-thanks for the help. Are you going to be around Sunday? I might be able to run up for it then.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm not sure.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Back to the top again. Help and prayers are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by gophergunner; 12/07/13.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
One more time back to the top just in case anyone didn't see this and would like to help. Your prayers are greatly appreciated. We could still use a couple things here. Long johns, size 2 XL and a pair of hunting boots in size 13 would be greatly appreciated. I will post an update when the first package goes out this week.

Thanks again to all who have thrown their support to someone they don't even know. I will post a list of who contributed later this week.

We truly have something very special here guys, and I sincerely hope I get the opportunity to Pay It Forward to each and every one who responded here.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I had the pleasure of meeting Crowbuster yesterday. He donated graciously to the cause. I will be sending a care package down to Ohio this Saturday so it's in time for Christmas. We are still in need of XXL long johns and a pair of size 13 hunting boots, new or used, if anyone has any to contribute.

Thanks again to everyone for helping out.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Prayers sent!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
An update on our progress here. I have received lots of gear via our many friends here at the fire. I have a couple stops to make around town here to pick stuff up yet. T-Zone and Goalie-I will be in touch this week. We have also received checks for Bill and Lori, which will be greatly appreciated.

If you're still interested in helping them out, we're still looking for Sz. 13 hiking boots and hunting boots, and XXL long johns, and a starter kit for a .50 cal. in-line muzzleloader. New or gently used is fine. Anything else hunting related that you might have and would like to donate will be put to good use. If I end up with duplicates, I plan on swapping-trading for stuff Bill can use.

I called Bill and Lori yesterday for Christmas. They are doing well. Lori's sister had a vacant in-law apartment attached to her house, and Bill and Lori are staying there. Bill descended into the foundation looking for anything salvageable, but there was nothing to be saved. They are dealing with this very well, all things considered. The insurance adjusters are telling them it will be at least 45 days before they receive their settlement. Bill said the neighboring farm is interested in purchasing the property. 'Sounds like it will be early spring before they are able to get a place.

Thanks again for all who have helped. Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We're working on a muzzleloader yet for my buddy. If anyone is still interested in donating to this cause, we could use a CVA inline starter kit. I'll be picking up a CVA Buckhorn shortly. We still need sz. 13 boots and XXL long johns too. Thanks for your continued help and prayers guys.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jeff,

You're good to go on the boots and long johns. Had to wait until the underwear came in - no way could I give a guy my used drawers - he would never recover! Everything sent UPS last Friday. PM for a tracking # if not received by this week Tues. Threw in a pair of Pentax Compacts for good measure.

Cheers!

Steve

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Can't believe I missed this before. I have some XXL hunting stuff I can gladly donate. How is he on regular clothes like T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, etc? Any idea on pants size? Wife and I just went through our stuff this weekend and I have a pile of clothes I'm gonna give away, mostly XXL shirts, sweatshirts. Several sizes of pants as I lost a lot of weight a couple years ago and still have a variety of sizes. As far as hunting boots, leather lace ups or rubber pull ons? I will donate one of whatever he wants. Shoot me a PM for your address.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Also, need some bullets and sabots for the inline? Shooting .50 I assume? I have some left over SST's and the sabots they come in. I use crushed ribs, so I have a bunch of sabots.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Chumley-we'll take anything you have to offer. Bill's a mountain of a man. Looks like the kind of guy (size-wise) you wouldn't want to run up against in a bar fight. XXL T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. I'll get pants sizes. I plan on driving down this spring to deliver everything so as to avoid FFL signings for the transfer of the shotgun and rifle. I've got an Explorer, so I've got plenty of room. I focused on his hunting gear. Bill and Laurie have had lots of help from local sources, but this stuff will all get put to good use. My sincerest thanks go out to all who've prayed, or helped otherwise. We have a very special group of folks here, and I am deeply indebted to each and every one. It's a God thing too. I firmly believe this. Just yesterday my sister in law gave me a $100.00 bill to contribute to the effort. This coming from someone who reall doesn't support hunting or the shooting sports. She's not an "anti" just not interested. Bill and Laurie are the kind of folks anyone would like to know. Heavily involved in civic activities, and Bill, ironically is a Volunteer Fire Fighter, following in the footsteps of his dad.

We will gladly put to use any contributions. I am going to be buying Bill his replacement muzzleloader very soon here. It will be a CVA Buckhorn. It's an entry level gun, but my son shoots one of these and really likes it. It will serve him just fine.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Steve-Thank you so very much! I will let you know when the gear arrives. Your help filled a much needed gap and is greatly appreciated.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Can't believe I missed this before. I have some XXL hunting stuff I can gladly donate. How is he on regular clothes like T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, etc? Any idea on pants size? Wife and I just went through our stuff this weekend and I have a pile of clothes I'm gonna give away, mostly XXL shirts, sweatshirts. Several sizes of pants as I lost a lot of weight a couple years ago and still have a variety of sizes. As far as hunting boots, leather lace ups or rubber pull ons? I will donate one of whatever he wants. Shoot me a PM for your address.
Chumley-I have at least one pair of boots coming, but I'm not sure if they're heavy boots or more of a hiking weight. Let me get these in and see what type they are, and then I'll get back to you. If the ones coming in are heavier weight winter boots, and you have a pair of hiking boots, that would be great. I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Jeff

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Also, need some bullets and sabots for the inline? Shooting .50 I assume? I have some left over SST's and the sabots they come in. I use crushed ribs, so I have a bunch of sabots.
We could use those bullets and sabots. I'm going through my son's stuff and taking some for him too. Thanks again, sir. My stuff won't run in his gun, as I shoot a .54 Hawkins running .530 dia. patched roundballs.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
bump

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (007FJ, 270winchester, 22250rem, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 10gaugemag, 49 invisible), 2,185 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,238
Posts18,466,745
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.