Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Travelled south yesterday for 160 miles to the Idaho Falls, Idaho Gunshow.
No guns for me and no ammo but I picked up several other neat items.
It was an OK show in my estimation.
The one thing I want to review for you'all is the Weaver CKT-15 Micro-Trac fixed power scope that I bought there.
This straight 15 power Weaver scope is relatively compact and light in weight, but it is big on performance afield and at the range. It is also a very good looking scope.
I had 3 more of these scopes already (two on centerfires and one on a rimfire) and I have been using them afield and at the range for more than 10 years now.
I have bought all four of the Weaver CKT-15's on the used market.
I got out the door yesterday with this nifty and mint condition scope for $95.00!
The table holder/seller was originally asking $145.00 for it and that would not have been to bad a buy but I whittled him down to $100.00 even, and I had just found a folded up five dollar bill out in the snow of the Shilo Inn's parking lot there in Idaho Falls.
If I recall correctly I have paid around $125.00 to $145.00 for the other CKT-15's I have bought in the past.
Things I like about these CKT-15's are:
They have relatively wide fields of view - I can't quote the exact feet and inches at 100 yards but I have no troubles aligning my Rifles on Varmints with them - in fact its easy to do so.
The Du-Plex type reticle is fine enough in the intersection that I can pick a spot on a particular Varmint and aim for it. Also the reticles thick section is close enough to the actual crosshairs intersection that I can use the top of the thick part of the Du-Plex as another aim point or hold over reference.
The windage and elevation adjustments on all my Weaver scopes are quite exact and reliable including my CKT-15's and V-16's. I only adjust my elevation and windage knobs at the range - but for those folks that do their dialing for ranges out in the field this scope will do well for them I am sure.
The windage and elevation adjustments are of the low height finger adjustable variety - 1 click equals 1/4" at 100 yards.
The adjustable objective of the CKT-15 is adjustable down to 15 yards and in my other scopes is just about right on at 100 and 200 yards - according to my range testing at those distances in the past.
Anyway a heads up and a word to the "bargain scope Hunters" out there - these Weaver CKT-15's are GREAT performers and can sometimes be found at bargain prices!
If you get a chance to buy a CKT-15 I recommend you give it a try.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

BP-B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Thanks for the write up.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the 15X Weaver on a mint Sako heavy barrelled 22-250 that's old enough to be marked 'Firearms International, Washington D.C.' I bought it a few years ago and it appeared to have only been test fired. It is accurate enough that your comment about "I can pick a spot on a particular Varmint and aim for it" is true for both scope and rifle. You're right about this scope but I think a lot of people shy away thinking 15X is too much.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
DakotaDeer: You are entirely welcome and I hope you get to try one of these Weaver CKT-15's someday.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Ward: I am drooling over that Sako heavy barrel in 22-250 of yours!
I have owned probably 9 or 10 Sako heavy barrels in the past in 222, 223, 222 Remington Magnum and 6mm PPC.
But I have never owned one in 22-250 Remington even though I have earnestly looked for one!
I hope you continue to enjoy your Sako/Weaver rig for a long time.
I have been trying like crazy to find the exact field of view of this CKT-15 to relay to the other Campfire members but apparently it is now a discontinued scope???
Although it appears that Midway still has information about them on the web - they do not make reference to field of view in their product information section for the CKT-15.
The Midway price was/is $255.00 not counting shipping and handling for this scope.
So I am even happier with my $95.00 scope after seeing that.
Weavers site does not show a CKT-15 at all.
Again I easily obtain Varmints (slower moving Varmints anyway) in the field of view of my Weaver CKT-15's so no one should shy away from this scope fearing that problem.
I am down to just 5 Sako heavy barrels now - two in 222 Remington, two in 222 Remington Magnum and one in 6mm PPC.
Wish I had never soldt the others I have owned.
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
115 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 300_savage, 17 invisible), 1,363 guests, and 686 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,856
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.