Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Last night President Obama spoke about equal pay for women in the workforce.

I have known many, many, many (lucky) women, and I have never once heard of a woman being paid less than a man in any occupation, ever.

Whether they were government employees, businesswomen, doctors, writers, loan officers, whatever... Never once have I heard of a woman being paid less than a man (all things being equal of course)

It is not only the president that speaks about this. Romney went to great lengths during the election to explain what he was going to do to address this "problem" that exists in the American workforce.

Last night, the president even received a standing ovation when he commented on this.

So somebody, please explain what in the earth's holy [bleep], these people are talking about. I sincerely have no idea.

Travis
All I know is that the "President" is a sorry piece of monkey fecal matter.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I pay all my bitches well.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So somebody, please explain what in the earth's holy [bleep], these people are talking about.

A large voting block. Same reason no one will tackle illegal immigration, another large voting block.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 375fan
He's pandering to women, thats all.

He's just driving another wedge into society to further alienate the "have nots" from those who are perceived to have "more", e.g., the white male.

Class warfare.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Travis;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust this finds you and yours doing acceptably well thus far into the week.

It appears I'm going to be perhaps the lone dissenting opinion here in that I most definitely am aware of women being paid less for the same work performed as men.

Speaking broadly and I am cognizant of where that leaves me, it would be in male dominated industries where the female employees have risen into the ranks of middle management.

I am personally aware of one instance where the female employee exceeded her predecessor's efforts and hours spent on the job and received less financial remuneration for it.

There might be a couple more instances if I really bend my memory, but they'd all be in private industry that's predominantly staffed with males.

In positions where there are mandated scales for wages - healthcare, education, public service employees, etc. - then there appears to be less discrepancy.

Please note that in no way, shape or form am I commenting on your President's words or the veracity thereof.

Neither am I speculating on the situation south of the medicine line Travis because again in your world I know not of what I'd be speaking.

My response is only to say howdy to you and yours this morning and to say that yes, I have seen women paid less for the same position.

All the best to you and yours sir and do try to keep warm and dry down there.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Dwayne: Top of the morning to you too, sir! I've seen the statistics indicating just what you said, and I'm sure that as a father of two daughters, you are keenly aware of these things.

I've worked in a male-dominated industry all my adult life (engineering/construction) and I haven't personally seen it. In fact, I've seen the opposite in the companies I've worked for; there is such a shortage of qualified women that we have really pulled out all the stops to promote women to management positions. We are even incentivized to promote and mentor women in these positions, and our performance evaluated with this as a criterion.

I'm not saying that all companies are similar in that, just what I've seen. And from the photos you've posted in the past, I think your daughters will be just the kind of women that these companies are looking for.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
BC30cal- I worked in middle management for a Fortune 500 company for several years and can tell you that all men don't get the same pay for the same position / work load either.

I was never given a raise, I had to demand them. People who were not productive and or lacked the assertivness to command higher pay simply didn't get it.

That is the main reason that many women in private industry middle management make less.

ego operor non tutela
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Very valid point.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
smokepole;
Good day to you sir, thanks for dropping by and saying hello - it's been too long.

I should be clear in that I'm not suggesting the situation is universal in any industry up here.

The intended point was merely to articulate that I was aware of at least one instance that fit my cyber friend Travis' question or at least as I understood it.

Thanks for the kind words on the girls too, I hope and pray you are correct, but of course with their lives as with all things - time will be the ultimate judge. wink

All the best to you and yours sir.

Dwayne

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't like to hire women in the first place because they're almost impossible to get rid of.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gadfly;
Good morning to you sir, I hope this finds you well and out of the treacherous driving conditions.

Thanks for making what I would also consider a very valid point.

I absolutely believe that could be part of the equation indeed.

All the best to you in the remainder of the week.

Regards,
Dwayne

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Every woman watching that was saying..."Gosh, I'm lucky. I get paid as much as (or more)than the men around me. It's such a shame that so many others don't get paid equally. Somebody should do something about that.".

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I don't like to hire women in the first place because they're almost impossible to get rid of.

That's a good point. Anybody in a "protected class" is going to earn less BECAUSE of that legal protection.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Who? What? Sorry hadn't heard about that... Was too busy watching Dr. Who w/ my daughter to pay attention...

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Gadfly;
Good morning to you sir, I hope this finds you well and out of the treacherous driving conditions.

Thanks for making what I would also consider a very valid point.

I absolutely believe that could be part of the equation indeed.

All the best to you in the remainder of the week.

Regards,
Dwayne

Dwayne- All is well here in the Ouachitas, the white stuff is all to the south. Hope everything is well with you and your family.

ego operor non tutela
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Last night President Obama spoke about equal pay for women in the workforce.

I have known many, many, many (lucky) women, and I have never once heard of a woman being paid less than a man in any occupation, ever.

Whether they were government employees, businesswomen, doctors, writers, loan officers, whatever... Never once have I heard of a woman being paid less than a man (all things being equal of course)

It is not only the president that speaks about this. Romney went to great lengths during the election to explain what he was going to do to address this "problem" that exists in the American workforce.

Last night, the president even received a standing ovation when he commented on this.

So somebody, please explain what in the earth's holy [bleep], these people are talking about. I sincerely have no idea.

Travis

I have never seen women get paid less, but I have seen them work less because they had something to do that they felt was more important than their job. Usually, their job was about number 6-10 on their to do list. I've seen that a bunch. What the democrats are blathering about has been taken care of years ago but they have to continually rail against discrimination that is not there or they would be out of work.....just like Jesse Jackson and blacks, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BadHabit
I have seen women get paid the same for equal jobs. The problem with women � my staff included � is they want to come to work late and leave early. Notwithstanding their 2 hour social lunch breaks. They do get paid the same but from an efficiency standpoint are subpar. �

I used to work in a company � one of only two guys there, besides the boss � where the several gals had to have a TV in the "common room" so that they could watch their string of afternoon soap operas while they were allegedly proof-reading galleys, etc.

After they'd wiped their eyes and quit cussing the male actors at the end of the last soap, they went back to their desks and offices, presumably to do something or other reasonably related to what they'd been hired for.

After they got done "reading proofs," I had to reread the galleys and of course found bushels of mistakes.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not saying there's not some exceptions but as far as I know equal pay for equal work has been around for a long time. I had an insurance business with around 40 employees for 35 years. The salary for each position was based on qualifications from the first day. The advice of my atty who said why risk a potential lawsuit over this when I started the business was a small factor but the main reason was to get and keep the most qualified workers. Employers want the best people they can get. Without them you won't be in business too long.

How about the other side of this with the increasingly numerous public entity or public entity related jobs where govt. requires employers to hire women for jobs like firefighter, police oficer, construction, etc. Those jobs are equal pay and women and other "minorities" are given accommodation and preference for them.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

He means the average income for all American women equalling the average income for all American men.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I just skimmed the thread but someone alluded to the war on white men.

Look no further for an explanation.

Marxism 101.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,244 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,205
Posts18,466,108
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.