Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
Huntz Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have an Omega and Encore Muzzle loader.I am sick of the big belch of smoke.Is there anything made that does not have the obnoxious cloud of crap???? Thanks ahead ,Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Centerfire. The "obnoxious" cloud is part of the sport.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Blackhorn 209 is nearly smokeless. It can be finicky to ignite depending on the style of breechplug. But it works fine in my Omega with Federal 209A primers.

My wife says I'm totally nuts, but I think I'm Semisane.
H
Huntz Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by taz4570
Centerfire. The "obnoxious" cloud is part of the sport.

Why is there a rule that says so?I have hunted with Flintlocks and expected it ,but with a modern inline wonder why I have to put up with it.I think if a powder manufacturer would come up with a good Smokeless Black powder substitute,that most folks who are not interested in a Traditional black powder hunt would buy it.Truth is the only reason I hunt with a muzzle loader is for more time in the woods. grin

Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Huntz Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Semisane
Blackhorn 209 is nearly smokeless. It can be finicky to ignite depending on the style of breechplug. But it works fine in my Omega with Federal 209A primers.

Thanks for the tip.I will give it a try. grin

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
wanting smokeless powder can buy a savage mlII or buy a rem 700 ml and have converted.their are other smokeless options also

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
That is why they call it a primitive hunt season.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
an inline is just an advancement to a flintlock or percussion. Just because its an inline and thinking it shouldnt have a smoke cloud is just plainy silliness.

If you want no smoke and something that acts like a centerfire, go shoot centerfire.

H
Huntz Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by saddlesore

Really,the only thing primitive about it is it is a single shot or maybe two if you have a double.Put a good scope on any modern inline and its a killing machine out to 300 yards.I don`t want to deal with smoke,must blow your mind!! laugh

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Plenty of smokeless powder muzzleloader options out there. I had one done using a Remington ML action and a .45 caliber Pacnor barrel. I use a load of 70g of H4198. I got a full form sizing die so I can use any type of .458 bullet. Other options include using a H&R single shot 45-70 and having the breech plug put in it. Can also use other smokeless single shot rifles such as the CVA Elites, CVA Apex, and TC encores in 45-70 caliber and having the breech plug put in them. Check out Dougs Message Boards, lots of smokeless powder muzzleloader builders over there.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
hahahaha put a scope and you can shoot 300 yards!! Yeah enjoy that 3 feet of drop.

58cal Hawken, .570" round ball, .018" patch and 110 grains Olde Eynsford black powder. 1 1/8" group with open sights. Its dialed in to shoot Aprox 2-3" low at 200 yards. 37" of drop at that range.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Huntz

Really,the only thing primitive about it is it is a single shot or maybe two if you have a double.Put a good scope on any modern inline and its a killing machine out to 300 yards.I don`t want to deal with smoke,must blow your mind!! laugh

The only reason that ML seasons exits today is that early on, ML enthusiast petitioned DOW's to give them a separate season to hunt using primitive type firearms, i.e. muzzle loaders.
Many of us,in fact a whole bunch of us, still consider that. The Johnny come lately who just want to extend their hunting time have a hard time understanding that. Just as the modern day archer can't understand why there are some that still use traditional long bows or maybe a recurve.

I usually hunt with a ML and then with a center fire rifle in the regular season. Probably spending 20-25 days in the field hunting elk just for the pure enjoyment of hunting and fully realize the limitations of a ML which is part of the challenge.

Those who want to make the ML a modern day firearm have long sense forgotten why they are hunting.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
+10

Venor ergo sum
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Or better yet just put some of this an some of that an maybe a little of this an a little ot the other thing an give it a try. If it not what you want try a bigger load of the smokeless thing

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I agree. Trouble is the Game Commissions have been lobbied by the makers of crossbows and inline muzzleloaders and have sold out.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I don't think the deer care much what they are killed with. I hunt within the laws since I started hunting in the 60s. Change the laws if you don't like them. I use a weapon of my choice, as is my right, as long as it is legal. I use my flintlock in Pa. Primitive weapon season. I use my inline during inline season. I really don't care about the fighting about which weapon, it is a personal choice. The deer don't care.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
here is a link to a picture of my smokeless inline muzzleloader.

http://dougsmessageboards.proboards.com/thread/13320/new-build

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
makers of crossbows and inline muzzleloaders and have sold out.

Yep, there is where it all went South. Indians musta had a hell of time finding all them little wheels and cables. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
H
Huntz Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Huntz

The only reason that ML seasons exits today is that early on, ML enthusiast petitioned DOW's to give them a separate season to hunt using primitive type firearms, i.e. muzzle loaders.
Many of us,in fact a whole bunch of us, still consider that. The Johnny come lately who just want to extend their hunting time have a hard time understanding that. Just as the modern day archer can't understand why there are some that still use traditional long bows or maybe a recurve.

I usually hunt with a ML and then with a center fire rifle in the regular season. Probably spending 20-25 days in the field hunting elk just for the pure enjoyment of hunting and fully realize the limitations of a ML which is part of the challenge.

Those who want to make the ML a modern day firearm have long sense forgotten why they are hunting.

I hunted with a real period Flintlock muzzleloader 50 years ago during the Wisconsin Gun deer season.This was way before we had a primitive weapons season.Well things changed and so did I.I don`t want to put up with that crap anymore.Yes with 3 50 grain pellets of triple seven and a sabot with a 250 Gr.Hornady you have a honest three hundred yard Rifle.I am not trying to convince anyone to do as I do cause I don`t give a rats Azz what you do.I also hunt with Revolvers and a Bow when I want to limit my self.Hunters are their own worst enemy.If you do something they don`t like they attack you.Does not matter if its legal its not traditional.Anyone think that if Hunters were given a bolt action Rifle with a scope 200 years ago that one of them would have said gee thats not traditional and unfair. shocked

Last edited by Huntz; 02/02/14.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
LOL 3 pellets and a 250gr bullet makes ya a 300 yard shooter..... RIIIIIGHT.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 67 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,584
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.