24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did too! Absolutely horrid! Dreamed Dolly Parton was my mom, and I was a bottle baby. Guess that ages me a bit.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/06/14.

1Minute
BP-B2

zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As long as the dream did not include 72 black eyed virgins, you'll probably be OK.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by MColeman
I was back in the insurance bidness and my secretary was not at work for some reason. I had to deal with unruly chirren, claims, estimates, people who wanted to pay their premiums but I could not pull their names up on the computer and so on. It's a wonder I didn't stroke out in my sleep. I pray I never have a dream like that again. I won't be worth digested hay for the rest of the day.
You've never had the one where the trigger won't pull? I mean, you do everything you can physically but it just won't pull. Not that YOU can't pull the trigger...it just won't be pulled. No way to do it. That is my dream. That is my nightmare.

I've had several like that with a large animal charging me to boot.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Certain meds give me dreadful dreams..

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I don't know if it was a dream or what, but once I woke up absolutely sure I had shot and killed someone during the night. Believe me, there were several deserving candidates at the time.
After some hurried research I couldn't find anyone who had received what was coming to them. Still, so real seeming, it was kinda scary.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i had a reoccurring and continuing dream for several weeks last year that I woke up hung over in basically post-apocalyptic Vegas. It was pretty cool there were some dead soldiers in blue uniforms and no body else, Apperintly there had been and EMP and nothing electrical was on indicating a nuclear strike. For the first couple of dreams I wondered around the strip area and for example the boats at the Venetian were drifting around there lake but every thing was deserted I finally found a '48 Peterbuilt parked on a steep ramp I was able to roll start. I went to the airport and syphioned some diesle out of a tug and I took old hwy 93 north until I found a group of people and an encampment that looked like it was out of Mad Max II "The Road Warrior" shortly there after I woke up and never had the dream again. It wasn't really a nightmare I kind of enjoyed it and if my dream was a movie I would defiantly watch it again. All the details are so vivid in my mind.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was back in the insurance bidness and my secretary was not at work for some reason. I had to deal with unruly chirren, claims, estimates, people who wanted to pay their premiums but I could not pull their names up on the computer and so on. It's a wonder I didn't stroke out in my sleep. I pray I never have a dream like that again. I won't be worth digested hay for the rest of the day.
You've never had the one where the trigger won't pull? I mean, you do everything you can physically but it just won't pull. Not that YOU can't pull the trigger...it just won't be pulled. No way to do it. That is my dream. That is my nightmare.

Clean your firearm!! I think Dave Grossman wrote about that dream? Read the book "On Combat".

My dream was on an airplane and it plunges into the ocean and I see water coming through the cabin and am stuck in my seatbelt. I drown as I watch everyone else panic and drown? My eyes are open and I can still see what's going on but I'm dead? Weird? I have had worst though, that stuck out as the most recent?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Roundup

Everyone does. I have read what the reason was before but I can't remember it now. But everybody has that dream.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I have a lot of work dreams...same thing. Not able to keep up and people keep piling it on. Hate those!

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Really bad dream the other night. Choking and gagging because I was being forced to eat this giant marshmallow. When I awoke, my foam rubber pillow was gone. grin

Long time ago, dreamt the airplane was on fire--had to jump. Pulled the ripcord and my pajamas fell down.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Could have been worse, you could have awakened and found Hillary Clinton on the other side of the bed with a knife and a smile.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had this one dream where the population of the US had finally tipped towards the moronic and they elected this dude nobody knew anything about. Turns out he wasn't even legal to be President and was actually one of our enemies because we were like, engaged in two wars. This [bleep] was even worse than the traitors we've had as President in the past and did all he could do to ruin the country.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
About 2 months ago I dreamed my oldest boy 15 yo died. I woke up at 3:26am crying like a baby. It was so real I ran to his room and there he was sleepin like a hound dog with a beagle on each side. Worst dream ever.

Other than that I dream of being chased by a bear and going to school butt azz naked.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I would think it would be common for a insurance man to have bad dreams. Much like a lawyer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used to dream pretty often that I was called back to serve in the Army again and had to go back through Jump School or was sent back to the 82nd as a private.

Craziest dream I've had recently was due to some pain meds, following getting my appendix out. Two guys came into my house and grabbed my son. They ended up in my gun room. I followed them down there and proceeded to cut them to doll rags with my pocket knife. Was pretty disturbing! I had just gotten done helping a friend cut up his deer and I'm guessing that bloody scene had something to do with it.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Roundup

Everyone does. I have read what the reason was before but I can't remember it now. But everybody has that dream.

Travis

I haven't.

That horrid "click" is a bit disconcerting, tho! Maybe from the time I pulled down at 25 feet on a very large black bear that was stalking me (as a moose?), as I was stalking him as a moose in dense cover. We eye-balled each other for 30 seconds or so before he decided to leave. I wasn't interested in shooting anything but a moose in that hell-hole.... smile

Later, when I went to unchamber the round, it wasn't there!

I put in a new magazine spring, but I've had the dream in various forms a couple times since.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Near everyone who has attended college has one where they are given their final exam schedule and realize they had not attended a class they were registered for for the entire semester.

Showing up in class naked is also rather common.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Mickey, if thats the worst dream of your life, be thankful��.

Ive got more demons and boogeymen bouncing around in my head. cry

I was thinking the same thing....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by HankStone
Certain meds give me dreadful dreams..

Yea, crown and jack black for sure.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by 1minute
Near everyone who has attended college has one where they are given their final exam schedule and realize they had not attended a class they were registered for for the entire semester.

Showing up in class naked is also rather common.

That's the same dream... and yes.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
714 members (10Glocks, 11point, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 90 invisible), 2,726 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,890
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.