Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Daughter and SIL's Company is transferring them there in April for a couple of years.
Any Texas Boys familiar with the Area? Sure would like to hear some opinions of the Area. Thanks

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to live near there. It's a fairly nice upscale suburb of Dallas. Maybe not as nice as Plano, but fairly nice. It might have a few problem spots, but in general it's a good community, if you like big cities. Traffic will be ugly, much of the time smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I used to live near there. It's a fairly nice upscale suburb of Dallas. Maybe not as nice as Plano, but fairly nice. It might have a few problem spots, but in general it's a good community, if you like big cities. Traffic will be ugly, much of the time smile

Thank you Sir, just the kind of input I was looking for. Always worried about the Daughter, don't you know!

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
She'll be fine in Richardson. As was mentioned, traffic blows. Other than that, not much to worry about.

Kelly
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Depends on what part they will live in but most of Richardson is great. It just blends in with North Dallas, Plano and Frisco. Lot's of great shopping and restaurants. They will be fine and learn the lay of the land quickly. What are their ages? Young, Middle or old? I might be able to be more specific where to go.
I'm just up the road in Frisco, have several accounts I call on in Richardson.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Buzzaw
Depends on what part they will live in but most of Richardson is great. It just blends in with North Dallas, Plano and Frisco. Lot's of great shopping and restaurants. They will be fine and learn the lay of the land quickly. What are their ages? Young, Middle or old? I might be able to be more specific where to go.
I'm just up the road in Frisco, have several accounts I call on in Richardson.

They are in their mid Twenties. I know that the Shopping will get her attention!

My SIL is in a mentoring Program with a large Insurance company, and this will be their last tour of duty, so to speak, before they can put in for a permanent location. Just finishing up two years in Hartford Ct., and I am happy with this move. A "free" State so to speak!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BY the way, Richardson (and Plano) were supposed to have excellent schools, when I was living there, FWIW smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Richardson is a decent area. Shouldn't have any serious issues there. Garland is getting a little sketchy. Rowlett can be sketchy, too. Rockwall is close, and is nice. Trying to get in and out of Dallas down Central Expwy. will be a real chore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
BY the way, Richardson (and Plano) were supposed to have excellent schools, when I was living there, FWIW smile

Garland/Rowlett also have a good program for accelerated students.

NRA Lifetime Member
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Thanks Gentlemen, I will pass all of this along.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

385 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 35 invisible), 1,668 guests, and 1,063 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,227
Posts18,447,699
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.