Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
This guy shouldnt be allowed to carry a cap gun and his fine upstanding fellow officers telling him "you done what you had to do" arent any better... POS's

http://bearingarms.com/innocent-man-down-a-law-enforcement-training-failure/

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well, at least it wasn't a busy street with cars driving by or anything like that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That's a tough one.

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yep, the cop culture (reflected in their training nowadays) is that the cop's survival is the paramount consideration, therefore in applying lethal force they are taught not to hesitate once they sense any level of threat. That absence of hesitation is getting innocent folks killed.

Risk is part of the job of being a cop. The problems is their effort in training to remove risk. Since it can't actually be removed, being an unavoidable aspect of the job, the way they accomplish making the job less risky for the cops is by shifting the unavoidable risk to the public at large by shooting first and asking questions later.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Terrible

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yea he really "did what he had to do" didn,t he ?
Just because he didn,t bow to the officers Authority(if he even heard the officer)is not reason to be shot.
Yes the old man reached for something BUT it was not pointed at the officer ,nor was it identified as a weapon .
Officer just took it upon himself (whether out of fear or training)to start ripping off shots .
Bad situation for both ,especially The old man and his wife.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This is a hard one.

On one hand I can hear the officer weeping, and telling the others what happened or he thought happened. And I believe the officer was sincere. I don't for one second think he just wanted to shoot an old man, or was on a power trip.

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
There are plenty of bad cops, bad cop videos, etc. They're scum should be culled, not just fired.

This particular officer had a split second, at night to react to what looked to be some sort of long gun being grabbed from the truck bed. The old feller driving the truck made a very, very bad decision doing what he did. Bad, bad deal, but this cop is not one of the bad guys, at least in this particular incident.

Save the bashing for those who truly deserve it. Jumping on this one helps the cause of the bad ones. Burn them down, every time, not those who don't deserve it.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki
This is a hard one.

On one hand I can hear the officer weeping, and telling the others what happened or he thought happened. And I believe the officer was sincere. I don't for one second think he just wanted to shoot an old man, or was on a power trip.
No, but he was cowardly. That's the training now, to be scared shi tless of regular folks. They train on courses where ordinary people (toddling old men, mothers with young children, etc.) suddenly pull a gun and shoot, whereas they used to train to shoot classic "bad guy" images pointing a gun at them.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
'Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.' ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

We are a frustrating species! While we are the only one known with the ability to record and convey the lessons that we learn from our errors so that we might avoid repeating them. We still insist on wasting great blood and treasure on the same errors.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
This is a hard one.

No, but he was cowardly. That's the training now, to be scared shi tless of regular folks. They train on courses where ordinary people (toddling old men, mothers with young children, etc.) suddenly pull a gun and shoot, whereas they used to train to shoot classic "bad guy" images pointing a gun at them.

Yeah, the last range day I scored several shots on an old man silhouette, couple on a lady, and one head shot on a child silhouette.

Give me a break. Where exactly do you get your vast knowledge of law enforcement training? Seriously. I want to know.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by pira114
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
This is a hard one.

Yeah, the last range day I scored several shots on an old man silhouette, couple on a lady, and one head shot on a child silhouette.

Give me a break. Where exactly do you get your vast knowledge of law enforcement training? Seriously. I want to know.

[Linked Image]

Well trained, then, given modern cop targets.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by pira114

They have interactive "shoot - don't shoot" real time computer simulators now that they train on. I've seen them in action. They present the cop with all sorts of situations where people you'd never expect to pull a gun suddenly do, and the cop scores by shooting these folks before they get off a shot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The old feller driving the truck made a very, very bad decision doing what he did.

Yep, grabbing his cane so he could stand up, did him in. All old men should die that way.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
The company can call itself whatever it wants, but I defy you to come to this area and find a target even remotely resembling those. Plan on a long stay......

'Hawk, what agency was running your theoretical simulator. I ran through a full day last year on the new Sim Primex installed (note: they're an insurance carrier for municipalities, to my knowledge there isn't an agency around that has their own) . As near as I can figure, they programmed it do the "bad guy" was as sterotypical a BG as you could imagine. Curious where the one you "observed" was.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NH K9
The company can call itself whatever it wants, but I defy you to come to this area and find a target even remotely resembling those. Plan on a long stay......

'Hawk, what agency was running your theoretical simulator. I ran through a full day last year on the new Sim Primex installed (note: they're an insurance carrier for municipalities, to my knowledge there isn't an agency around that has their own) . As near as I can figure, they programmed it do the "bad guy" was as sterotypical a BG as you could imagine. Curious where the one you "observed" was.
Our school districts down here have Law Enforcement Academies for high school students wishing to prepare for a career in law enforcement. They are taught by teachers who are active cops who present them with all the latest training. I've seen them use the simulator.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had to know the dove eye would be all over this thread....like a moth to a flame...

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Okay, so no agency of note. They exist in your AO though and you folks are allowing these (according to you) reprehensible scenarios to be brought in front of students. I would think parents would be up in arms. Surely you said something!

Or did you?

Sounds like your area has the cops it wants.......or the story is different than presented.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the dove eye instigates....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NH K9
Okay, so no agency of note. They exist in your AO though and you folks are allowing these (according to you) reprehensible scenarios to be brought in front of students. I would think parents would be up in arms. Surely you said something!

Or did you?

Sounds like your area has the cops it wants.......or the story is different than presented.
The parents are all proud of these kids, and the program. They have regular tournaments where they compete against other academies and bring home trophies. Parents are involved.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.