24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Deflave - "Old Sako Vixen or RickyTicky."... don't you mean ARE RickyTick? Homesteader.

BP-B6

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have the CZ 527 Carbine ,Love the Rifle and does fine on deer with the Partion load from federal.
I didn,t think I would like the magazine either but it grows on ya,
Lightweight as well,with Leupold compact 4x,loaded with simple leathe strap it goes 6 pounds.
Love that set trigger as well!

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by safariman
A Agree 100% that sticking a 222 or 223 round in an action designed for and large enough for a 30/06 or even a 308 size cartridge is a horrific idea. Sloppy at best IMO. You might want to look at the new Savage 223, I think it is called a model 23 or 24? Looks to be a correctly sized action. Also, for as little as the Zastava Mini Mausers cost, I would be temtped to get one and then have the metal and wood massaged a little. The end result might cost around $1,000 or so, but would be a quite spectacular little rifle.

The little CZ's are awsome, too. I just personally cannot like the bass ackwards safety and know of no place to get a different one for those little rifles.

I would much rather have a small action light 223 in an 8 twist for around $800 but I don't think such an animal exists. The Tikka may be large, but it's light and I bet it shoots very well.

In that case, might as well go full retard and build on a P-17 Enfield. Could likely get one put together for even less than $800.

Nah.....buying a Tikka when a small action is the primary qualifier is the definition of "Going full retard".

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Homesteader
Deflave - "Old Sako Vixen or RickyTicky."... don't you mean ARE RickyTick? Homesteader.

It's an action built by the Germans or the Russians or something. Not sure which.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
jt402 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Had a Sako Riihimaki for a while in .222. Loved it. The dealer called for it back as he had bought some stolen guns and it was in the batch. I'm still looking. Vixen ok as well.

Neighbor kid has the described Tikka. It shoots lights out, but there is no soul.

I see that the new Zastavia is polished outside and nicely blued. The crap is the wood finish and the inside of the works. I can handle that work, if it comes to it.

SSV, the single shot heavy bbl does not turn my crank. Already have the G2.

I supposed I could adjust to the safety and magazine on the CZ, but I'm not in a rush.

I actually have the cash for a new Sako. Just seems dumb to take the instant depreciation on the new model. Used, is another matter. Buy right and there is little to no loss of value if one takes care of it.

Thanks, I'll keep looking. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
A Agree 100% that sticking a 222 or 223 round in an action designed for and large enough for a 30/06 or even a 308 size cartridge is a horrific idea. Sloppy at best IMO. You might want to look at the new Savage 223, I think it is called a model 23 or 24? Looks to be a correctly sized action. Also, for as little as the Zastava Mini Mausers cost, I would be temtped to get one and then have the metal and wood massaged a little. The end result might cost around $1,000 or so, but would be a quite spectacular little rifle.

The little CZ's are awsome, too. I just personally cannot like the bass ackwards safety and know of no place to get a different one for those little rifles.

I would much rather have a small action light 223 in an 8 twist for around $800 but I don't think such an animal exists. The Tikka may be large, but it's light and I bet it shoots very well.

In that case, might as well go full retard and build on a P-17 Enfield. Could likely get one put together for even less than $800.

Nah.....buying a Tikka when a small action is the primary qualifier is the definition of "Going full retard".

No, what's retarded is not having the reading comprehension to know that I only suggested the Tikka based on weight, and having to continue arguing, about something that only matters because you have to feel superior. I honestly don't care what he chooses and was only trying to help the OP.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 03/18/14.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

No, what's retarded is not having the reading comprehension to know that I only suggested the Tikka based on weight, and having to continue arguing, about something that only matters because you have to feel superior. I honestly don't care what he chooses and was only trying to help the OP.

I'm the one lacking reading comprehension? The initial post indicated the OP doesn't want a Tikka, but you suggested it anyway.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by jt402
I'm looking for a small action .233 bolt gun.

The first sentence in the original post seems to rule out Tikka to me crazy

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Svelte means slender, graceful, and elegant, and does not necessarily refer to weight. A long actioned plastic 223 does not possess those qualities.

Where are you seeing $1400 Kimber Montanas? Try 1150ish new.

Thanks, for the English lesson but I know what svelte means.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/923062727/Kimber_84_M_Montana_223_Remington.htm
$1359 plus shipping and FFL fees comes to over $1400. Where are the $1150 ones? I want to buy one. Once again, I did not say the Tikka was svelte, only light with an 8 twist.

There's not a whole lot of Montana .223's out there, but I picked up a NIB one last month for 1000.00. I had been trying to buy it at that price for a year as it had been 1050, than got bumped up to 1150.00 but I finally got my way.

A person can order one from most places (6-9 month wait) for around 1150-1175.00

Anyways... I picked up a Sako Riihimaki a couple years ago for 500.00 and change. I probably had bid on 50+ of them, but by the grace of god one day I was in the right place. It wasn't perfect, probably 85% but it's a nice little gun.

[Linked Image]

Life is just one damned thing after another
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Which one do you want to sell now?!

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by WhelenAway

You're right, and so was PG. I was thinking twist and weight only with the Superlight Tikka. Sorry I suggested it and sorry I got pissy with PG. I just felt like I was being dumped on and called retarded. I would have responded directly to the last post by PG but there were too many layers of quotes. So, sorry everyone.

G
g88 Offline
G
I have a Browning A-Bolt Micro Hunter in .223 Rem. 20" barrel. Twist is 1-12. Very accurate. Mine is in new condition. I think the model was discontinued in 2004. I don't use it because of the nice finish on the wood stock. I plan to sell it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Which one do you want to sell now?!

I won't be selling either anytime soon

Life is just one damned thing after another
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I have bought several of the Sako A series rifles used, like new condition for less than $800. I kept the .223 & .243, covers all my varmint shooting needs. Keep your eyes peeled for these as they bring less money than the identical L series rifles. Hope that helps.

Scott

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Incorrect, the LSA 55 and M 55 are short and light enough...and reasonably cheap.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Check out this thread.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7503684/1

It's what a little 223 should be.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Check out this thread.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7503684/1

It's what a little 223 should be.

That is beautiful!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Incorrect, the LSA 55 and M 55 are short and light enough...and reasonably cheap.

Not familiar with those artifacts . . . are they true short actions?

Are they still fugly? blush

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Not familiar with those artifacts . . . are they true short actions?

Are they still fugly? blush

No they are a light 22.250 length with a short magazine...if you want a 222 length action with a Mauser extractor then you would do well to chase up a BSA hunter from the 50's.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Interarms Mini Mauser in 223 would be worth a look

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
425 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 38 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,000 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,917
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.