-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Several years ago, and it's still a bone of contention with me. Driving home from church of all places and got pulled over a few miles from home. No idea why, as I knew I wasn't speeding. I was in a well known speed trap, and at the limit. The officer approaches my car and calls me by first and last name, asking me if I was aware that my driver's license was expired. I was not away, but it royally pizzed me off that he ran my plates for no reason whatsoever. I'm not a cop hater, actually a big supporter of our LEO's, but this crap really bugs me. No ticket issued-got my license the next day, but I don't like them "running" me when I knew I hadn't done anything in the car that warranted it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
June of 2012. A kindly Hubbard County, Minnesota sheriff's deputy had some friendly advice on how fast I should drive in Lake George, Minnesota.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
3 weeks ago, going 69 in a 55. $111.50

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I was last pulled over driving to the Campfire dove hunt a few years ago. I came down a "hill" on cruise and went 8 mph over. The LEO was driving in the opposite direction. Among other things, the officer asked where I was headed in such a hurry. I advised I was taking my youngest son dove hunting. He suggested I slow down and enjoy the hunt with my son and off I went.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't had a ticket of any sort for 20+ years. wink

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I was a bartender for awhile before I left GA. Got pulled over ALOT leaving work at 2:30AM. Cant recall too many tickets though. Lots of DUI check points.

Last 2 weeks I have been driving through town every night at 2-4 AM. It's basically just me, the drunks and the cops.

Waiting to get pulled over from some random bullchit excuse just to see if I've been drinking.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slg888
3 weeks ago, going 69 in a 55. $111.50

You got off cheap.

Two years ago I was leaving the city limits and hurrying to a 90 y/o lady's mobile home 70 miles out in the country to help her with a water loss; her water heater burst, and I needed to get there ASAP to get her help.

I got a ticket for 54 in a 45 zone by the Highway Patrol. I told the trooper why I was hurrying, but he just scowled, berated me a few minutes, and handed me a speeding ticket.

Six months later there was a large flash fire that ripped through an area along a highway between Carson and Reno. I got a claim to inspect a fire loss as part of that. It was Trooper Jerk's place. He about choked; he remembered me.

Trooper Jerk got Only what the policy allowed, exactly as it's written, no slack. It felt good, too. laugh

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Last couple of times came out pretty well. One time I was doing seventy something in a 55. Looking down at my wallet for my license thinking bad thoughts, handed the documents out to the trooper and saw his name tag. Thought, "I'm glad when I was a teenager walking by their house on my way fishing I always had time to stop and play with him and his little brothers (who were little kids at the time.) Got off with a "have a nice day."

Second time could have been a disaster. After I passed all the field sobriety tests with flying colors he still had me blow in his little gizmo. I registered enough for it to be a very expensive and embarrassing problem. NYSP are known to be absolute bastards about that. To boot, this was not some local boy whose name I recognized. He asked the wife, "Can you drive?" He let us go with her driving. Funny thing was, she'd been drinking drink for drink with me all evening.

Mathew 22: 37-39

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
13 years and around 500,000 miles ago.

Florida Marine Patrol officer gave me a ticket for rolling through a stop sign on a dirt road 28 miles out of his jurisdiction. Technically all of Florida was their jurisdiction, but they got dissolved a year or two later for irrelevance and folded into Fish & Game.

I hope he got shytcanned and wasn't offered an FWC gig.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ah I remember it well - about fourteen years ago.
Heading to work doing 55, come to a long sweeping curve 45 speed limit, still doing 55 at about half way through the curve there he sits, a CHP tucked behind some bushes.
"Ah schitt", I say out loud to myself. No time to slow down so I just maintain speed, check the mirror, yep he's a coming! He's spinning the tires, throwing rocks, creating a hellofa dust cloud until he hits pavement, Red lights on, you'd think I was trying to escape @100mph or something.
I pull over, he pulls in behind, when he finally gets out of the car it's time for another "Ah schitt" utterance, this guy ain't much taller than than his vehicle!
A short man with the power of the Badge.
Told myself "Self, this ain't going to turn out well".
Where I pulled over there's not much room for a full sized Blazer, and the shoulder of the road drops off pretty fast.
I rolled down my window, look back through my side mirror he ain't there, just then there's a knock on passengers window. All I can see is the top of his head! At least he was smart enough not to stand in the traffic. On this particular day I happened to be working away from my home store in a different town, so my knives and scabbard sitting on passengers seat were the first thing he saw when he opened the door. Kinda startled him, "what's with the knives" says he, "tools of the trade, I'm a butcher" says I. "You always carry your knives around like that? " says he. "Only when I work out of town" says I. Then he noticed the handle of the baseball bat leaning on the console from behind my seat. "What's with the baseball bat?" Says he, "hitting balls, I coach little league" says I, while showing him the glove and mesh bag of balls laying next to it. You could see he wasn't amused, he was so short he kept raising up on his tip-toes to get a better look in the back of the Blazer. Then he spotted it, the plastic handle of my cheap machete (I guess it kinda looks like a pistol grip) his hand immediately dropped to his weapon "What's That under the canvass!" His voice rising a couple octaves. "Oh that, that's a machete, there's a hatchet & folding shovel under there too, you know camping gear" says I.
Ol Shorty is nervous as cat in dog pound now, "do you always carry around that much stuff?"
(I guess he never encountered so many 'Potential' weapons in one vehicle.)
"I sure do, so are we going to get the 'license&registration' part here pretty soon you're making me really late for work"
After all that he still ticketed me 55 in 45

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Last summer. They just opened a new bypass here. 3 miles of nothing but pine trees and a 35 MPH speed limit the 1st and last 1/2 mile, 45 MPH in between. Makes no sense in the middle of nowhere. GSP pulled me over doing 55. He looked at my license, reminded me of the speed limit and said bye. Was on my way in 2 minutes.

Overall I've nothing but respect for the GSP officers I've dealt with. I'm not one to drive really fast, but will "cheat" 5 mph or so. There have been a few times when I didn't notice the speed limit dropped and I ended up 10-12 over. I can't count the times I've met GSP officers and had them hit their blue lights for a few seconds just as a warning.

In 40 years of driving I've paid 3 tickets. I'm still pissed about one in Arizona in 2000, but really deserved the other 2.

4 years ago I was driving back home from NC. I was on a 4 lane road which I knew narrowed to a 2 lane at the GA state line only about 1 mile ahead. There was slow moving truck ahead of me that I decided to get around before hitting the 2 lane. A NC trooper nailed me 100 yards from the state line doing 65 in a 50. I was guilty, just wanted to pay the fine and forget about it, but within a week I'd gotten 1/2 dozen letters from NC lawyers wanting to take my case.

I was 18 and in college the first time I was pulled over. I had the top off my Jeep when a heavy summer thunderstorm hit. During a break in the rain I made a dash for home when I met a local officer who hit his blue lights and made a U-turn. He was a nice guy, and a Jeep owner. He said he understood, but 72 was just too fast. Just as he got out his pen huge raindrops started falling again. He looked at the sky, ran for his patrol car and said, "get the hell out of here". I ended up teaching that officers son a few years later, and taught both of his granddaughters (twins) who graduate HS this year.

Last edited by JMR40; 03/21/14. Reason: fixed typo

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
2 tickets on 2 different vacations in 2008. I am almost positive it was the out of state plates.
Broke my 25 year winning streak.

Last edited by krupp; 03/21/14.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I too like to get there asap. So... I get pulled over every year or two.
But most show extreme respect. One Ohio HP, said he Had to write me. So he gave me a seat belt ticket. $50 and no points.
And I thanked him profusely for his courtesy.
Funny because I have worn a seat belt All the time since I was 16!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Got pulled over twice on the trip home in Montana last year, first time for 62 in a 55, when she told me why she pulled me over, I wanted to say and....Never ever have I been pulled over on an Interstate before for doing 7 mph over the speed limit. Second time was at the north dakota border doing 95 in a 75, I always thought Montana was considered the autobahn of the US.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Been stopped plenty of times that I deserved, those aren't worth mentioning, but two or three years back I was stopped on I-55 just outside St Louis in IL for 67 (!) in a 65. In broad daylight on a nearly empty interstate.

Figured that was out of state tags and I was getting a ticket for sure but the guy gave me a written warning. Still don't understand that one. Why'd you stop me at all then?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I get pulled over about once a year for a roadside inspection. One time was a quarter mile from my last stop. When the trooper asked where I was headed, I pointed at the store and said, "There". He said he could check my paperwork there as well as the side of the road, and followed me to the store. While I delivered, he did whatever he does. Then came over and shot the bull with me and the store employees for a few minutes. Nicest trooper I ever met. Cody, Wyoming.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
About three years ago, an ISP trooper caught me doing sixty on a 50 mph county road. He probably would have not even pulled me over, but it was apparent that I was not wearing a seat belt.

When he got to the door my eight year old Grand daughter was crying her little eyes out.

The Trooper asked what was wrong with her and I explained that "She is scared that PaPa is in trouble."

The State Trooper let me off with a ten dollar seat belt ticket and then spent twenty minutes making friends with my Grand daughter. He invited her back to and let her climb into his cruiser and check out the computer and radio and even let her flip on the siren for a second. All while PaPa stood alongside the cruiser and watched, of course.

All in all it turned out to be a very positive experience for a little girl. Well worth the ten bucks it cost me. I was very impressed with that Trooper.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
$10 seatbelt ticket!?! Hot damn!

They're about $120 over here.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
1999: 84 in a 55 = $105
2002: 97 in a 75 = $128
2004: 89 in a 70 = $40
2005: 79 in a 70 = $20
2006: Warning for ?
2013: Pulled over for No Brake Lights on my Trailer.
Two Weeks Ago: 55 in a 35 zone in PARADISE, MT during a blinding snowstorm at 6:45am in the morning. Someone has to protect the town of 120 people on a Sunday morning. Thank you MHP. $89

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 943 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,733
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.