Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
http://www.militianews.com/police-state-ussa-feds-vs-rancher-face/

One freedom at a time, one right at a time, one battle at a time, we the people are losing each and every one of our liberties to federal authorities, and will continue to do so until we stand up against them together.

The story below is yet another example of the police state USSA in action.

Once again a situation where federal authorities arbitrarily change laws and rules and just expect the general public to blindly follow those rules.

Well one man, a rancher by the name of Cliven Bundy, has refused and does not recognize any federal authority over the land and now dozens of armed federal officers, rangers and agents, are preparing a showdown with this one older gentleman you will see in the video below.

To understand the principle Bundy is fighting for, one has to know that Mr. Bundy�s forefathers have been up and down that area since 1877, yet in 1993 the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) decided to change the grazing rules for Gold Butte to protect the endangered desert tortoise, an area Bundy and his family had been using since before the BLM even existed.

Bundy�s message is simple: �This has become a police state, and this is an example of it right here.�

The example he talks about is how the Feds have set up a �free speech zone� in the area, a media zone and have created a wall of agents to prevent the general public from entering a 600,000-acre section of �public land,� as they prepare to round up Bundy�s cattle and sell it off.

�With all these rangers and all this force that is out here, they are only after one man right now. They are after Cliven Bundy. Whether they want to incarcerate me or whether they want to shoot me in the back, they are after me. But that is not all that is at stake here. Your liberty and freedom is at stake,� Bundy said.

Bundy continues on to tell reporters �My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley ever since 1877. All these rights I claim have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and water. I have been here longer. My rights are before the BLM even existed.�

He has fought this battle politically, legally and through the media, he says, his neighbors support him, and he vows he will �fight it on the ground if I have to.�

One man is standing up for not only his rights, but for freedom and liberty�� who will stand with him?

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, this stuff is SO common, and so sad.

What are we to do, though? Really?

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Unless his neighbors are willing to shoot the FedGovs in their backs as they hover around Cliven's land like vultures, they're giving passive support to FedGov. When the federal stooges start catching hot lead from every direction, they'll change their tune. In my opinion. Other folks will have something else to say, too.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Found this on another forum. Not my words.

There's more to the story than that article implies.

That family has been illegally grazing cattle on the land for over 40 years, and has never paid a grazing fee in their lives. More than 25 other cattle grazers have been filing complaints about the family, for quite some time; in addition to the BLM. His "claim" to the land is nothing more than, "that's where we have taken our cows since 1877."
The father has been court-ordered to remove his cattle from the area 3 times since 1998, but adamantly refuses to comply.

But most importantly, last week he told multiple new agencies, the BLM and Forestry officials present, that he would do "whatever it took" to win the fight and stop the government from interfering with his herd or collecting their grazing fees. When asked for clarification about whether that was legal action or something else, he simply responded "whatever it takes".

So, when you have a man claiming he will do "whatever it takes" to stop government agencies from carrying out a court order, you have to assume there might be the possibility of something a little more serious than filming agents during the roundup.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It appears that Mr Bundy is just another guy trying to avoid paying the same fees and cost as everyone else in his region, stealing would be a good word.

What he is doing is akin to a logger going on to public land and harvesting timber without permission and without paying Stumpage fees, stealing is the word.

You don't own the land, you can't use the land without permission or without paying for it. Just cuz you have always broken the Law doesn't mean you are above the law.

He is a thief and now he is paying for it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
http://www.infowars.com/federal-snipers-train-guns-on-family-for-filming-cattle/

Federal Snipers Train Guns on Family For Filming Cattle

Man arrested for expressing free speech outside of designated �First Amendment Area�
Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
April 7, 2014
Federal snipers with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) trained guns on members of a family yesterday after they dared to stop and take video footage of cattle outside the bounds of a designated �First Amendment Area,� before arresting one of the men for non-compliance.

Image: Sniper Training (YouTube).
The cattle were being rounded up by BLM officers as part of a crackdown on Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who has refused to pay �grazing fees� demanded by the feds as a result of a re-classification of 600,000 acres of federal land in northeastern Clark County which Bundy claims has been in his family for generations.
Some fear the dispute could turn into a Ruby Ridge-style violent standoff because Bundy has said he is prepared to become a martyr for what he perceives as a constitutional stance against tyranny.
As we reported earlier, the feds have now started rounding up Bundy�s cattle in the name of protecting a supposedly endangered species, the desert tortoise, forbidding Bundy from interfering or even entering the vast area. The case is quickly turning into another iconic battle between big government and a besieged family.
Fears that the confrontation may turn violent and concerns that Bundy is drawing increased support from liberty activists and the local community prompted the feds to tape off two ridiculous �First Amendment Areas,� outside of which free speech in support of Bundy is banned. A sign placed inside the area reads �Welcome to Amerika � Wake Up� alongside a hammer and sickle logo.
When Bundy�s family members violated that rule yesterday in an attempt to peacefully document the cattle roundup, they were met with a barrage of loudspeaker warnings and four BLM snipers with their guns trained on the dissenters.
�Several members of the family had gone out for a drive in several vehicles to try to monitor the ongoing federal action to remove their father�s cattle from the range,� reports the Moapa Valley Progress. �They were not travelling on recently restricted federal land, but were travelling along the state highway looking north across the valley for signs of cattle, Ryan Bundy said.�
�He was doing nothing but standing there and filming the landscape,� Bundy said of his brother Dave. �We were on the state highway, not even off of the right-of-way. Even if they want to call [the area that we were filming] federal land; which it�s not; we weren�t even on it. We were on the road.�

Image: BLM �First Amendment Area� (YouTube).
None of the family members were armed, but as soon as Dave Bundy began filming the cattle in the distance, 11 BLM vehicles each with two agents arrived and surrounded him.
�They also had four snipers on the hill above us all trained on us. We were doing nothing besides filming the area,� said Ryan Bundy.
The family were told to leave the area via loudspeaker because they had violated the crudely established �First Amendment Area�.
�They said that we had no first amendment rights except for up by the bridge where they had established an area for that,� Bundy said.
When Dave Bundy didn�t immediately heed the warning and return to his vehicle, a dog was set on him and he was subsequently arrested.
�He was filming and talking on the phone, I don�t know to whom,� Ryan Bundy said. �It happened pretty fast. They came down on him hard and had a German Shepherd on him. And then they took him.�
When Dave Bundy�s father Cliven attempted to contact emergency response in both Mesquite and for Metro in an attempt to discover the whereabouts of his son, he was told to, �get off the phone or he would be arrested,� according to Ryan Bundy.
Should the Bundy case escalate any further, what has up to this point remained a largely local news story threatens to explode into a national controversy � re-igniting resentment over big government and a federal bureaucracy increasingly trampling on the rights of the American people to be left alone.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steve4102

Just cuz you have always broken the Law doesn't mean you are above the law.

It works for illegal aliens. But then again, they do it as an "act of love".

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
So, he doesnt own the land, his family hasnt paid for it, they used to use it for quite some time, now the owner or new manager (BLM) doesnt want him to use it, and he wont stop?

Freestuffer.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by KR13

So you are saying Bundy is no better than an Illegal Alien mooching and stealing from the American citizens.

I agree.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A retort often heard in these parts. "What do you mean? I can't hunt on your land? I've hunted here all my life." This when you catch poachers. Another one is, "I didn't think those posted signs meant me." miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Another call to revolt epic fail.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KR13

So you are saying Bundy is no better than an Illegal Alien mooching and stealing from the American citizens.

I agree.
Kind of, but all that I know about the situation is what you and the op have posted. What I do find funny is the government's priorities when it comes to enforcing laws. Enter the country illegally with unknown intentions, meh who cares. Graze some cows on the wrong pasture, get the full weight of FedGov brought down upon you.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Unless his neighbors are willing to shoot the FedGovs in their backs as they hover around Cliven's land like vultures, they're giving passive support to FedGov. When the federal stooges start catching hot lead from every direction, they'll change their tune. In my opinion. Other folks will have something else to say, too.
If that happened, martial law would be declared, and the tanks would roll in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Waco redu . . . just sayin'

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Isn't Nevada a "fence out" state instead of a "fence in" state? That is to say if a property owner wishes to keep someone's livestock off of his property, it is his responsibility to build a fence in order to do it. If so, why is the federal government any different than any other land owner?

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Their tactics suck as they set up a area the feds called a first amendment area and you can't go out of it. How can the feds just declare a small area the only area you can be.
Bundy�s son Dave Bundy was arrested on Sunday by BLM officials after refusing to follow a dispersal order as he filmed cattle from a state highway. According to Dave�s brother Ryan Bundy, snipers had guns trained on them throughout the incident. Feds claimed Dave Bundy had violated the ludicrous �First Amendment Area,� outside of which free speech is banned. His son was on a state hwy.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have seen this before. On a few occasions.

Here is a story about an old man that refused to be bullied by the feds. Read it. I know the family personally, and have been to the site many times on McGregor Range.

http://elpasotimes.typepad.com/morgue/2011/05/1965-crusty-john-prather-to-be-buried-on-ranch.html

If the feds, or more particularly the bunny/tree huggers want you off an area, they concoct a scheme to have something declared endangered and find your ranch "suitable habitat"... and Presto! The ranch your family has had since 1877 is not yours any more.

The feds and others make YOU out to be the criminal, with their propaganda, and apparently even some here drink that Kool-Aid.

The only way he can win is if hundreds of ranchers, hunters, trappers, or any other American that is tired of the way liberals are taking what is our freedom and heritage away with their lies will stand together, and make a media free for all event.

Sometimes even the press doesn't save them. The media filmed all those children being burned to death at Waco...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Public land paid through taxes? Yet a guy needs to pay more to let his cattle graze? Government needs to get their hand out of everything. Funny how we are ingrained at birth about what is right because the "law" says it? It's this thinking that causes people to be divided instead of united. For being a supposedly free country we really are not? Pay us and everything is good, if not then you are a criminal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We see alot of the "pay to play" crap in Oregon.

Want to cut some firewood? You must buy a permit and cut only in these areas, which seldom have any wood to cut.

Want to graze cows? Permits, and fees.

Hell, they even want to charge us to park within a 1/4 mile of a trailhead.

Pay to camp, all the campsites used by generations of people are blocked off with boulders and logs so you're forced into govt run campgrounds.

Gotta have a permit to walk in the wilderness.

Want to hunt? Pay, permit. Want to fish? Pay, permit. Want to park? Pay, permit. Want to hike? Pay, permit?

Seeing a pattern yet?

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This whole thing was started and spurred on by environmentalists.

These are the same environmental groups that will stop your hunting on public land (or private too if they can), they will keep you from driving on public roads through BLM and forests by closing them, they will stop oil drilling because of a lizard, they ban lead in your bullets...the list goes on and on.

Radical environmental groups are nothing more than communist terrorist groups that apply the liberal laws and get liberal politicians to do their dirty work.

Want another example? Perhaps one where a hunting group was "run out of town"? Look here: http://www.predatormastersforums.co...b=showflat&Number=2665655&page=1

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
146 members (10Glocks, 257 mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,433 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,899
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.