Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
BP-B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thats okay with PETA though 'cause they are the property of a "right-winger".

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'm wondering if anyone is allowed to the areas of the ranch to see if the mommas are being moved out or killed without the babies.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Wonder what time the cookout starts. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
this is [bleep] up. take his cows and kill em? they are trying to start a fight.

it's one thing to confiscate some of them and sell to recoup what they foresee is being owed to them as back payment for the grazing, but in reality they are trying to instigate him into fighting back physically so they can end this once and for all. be an interesting next few days.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yep.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
After clicking on the link in the OP and reading the article I find two women's names, an Amy and a Sally both holding top positions. No different than Sebelius and her replacement. WTF is with all these chunt in charge of so much they knew nothing about until they were appointed? Way to many holding judgeships, law enforcement command positions, House and Senate seats etc. IMO enemies of the republic each and everyone of them.

The Tail Goes Along With The Hide.

We should have picked our own cotton.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
this is [bleep] up. take his cows and kill em? they are trying to start a fight.

No one said they had killed any cattle
Don't fall for the hype and make yourself look foolish

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Bundy just reported it is Nevadas state land. 300 cattle are corralled. On Hannity interview.

Last edited by eyeball; 04/11/14.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
they have been accused and not denied it. it would be [bleep] up if that was the case

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
They are from the govt and there to help him.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
they have been accused and not denied it. it would be [bleep] up if that was the case

They weren't accused and they didn't admit nor deny anything
Did you even read the article?
It's a BS article meant to incite the gullible, and it seems to be workiing well

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
says the tenderfoot

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Two other relevant questions are....

1) How many cows does Bundy own? (his own estimate of the size of the herd was apparently couple of hundred off)

and....

2) How many cows running loose on public land has he actually rounded up and sold in the last 20 years?

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/57792018-90/utah-cattle-county-blm.html.csp

Cattle seized from public land in Nevada were once headed to Richfield for auction � but federal officials have changed their plans after Utah leaders argued the animals would threaten the state�s $1 billion livestock industry....

On Saturday, federal agents and contract wranglers began rounding up some 900 cows off public land allotments in Clark County, where Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy has illegally had them grazing for years.

Bundy has refused to pay BLM grazing fees since 1993, according to the Associated Press, which reported Bundy argues in court filings that his Mormon ancestors worked the land long before the BLM was formed, giving him rights that predate federal involvement.

....BLM�s plan to ship the cows 200 miles to a Sevier County auction yard sparked even more controversy. Herbert and other Utah political leaders say the cows should remain in Nevada.

"There are serious concerns about human safety and animal health and well-being if these animals are shipped to and sold in Utah," Herbert wrote....

After a meeting with Utah officials Tuesday, BLM officials agreed to give seized cattle that are "feral" to the state of Nevada, and keep cows bearing Bundy�s brand in Clark County for now, according to Washington County Commissioner Jim Eardley, who attended the meeting.

Some of the cattle so far seized apparently had wandered into Nevada from allotments on the Arizona Strip and will be returned to the Utah-based ranchers who own them, Eardley said.

On Friday, Eardly and his fellow commissioners passed an emergency resolution giving a litany of reasons why the Bundy cows must stay out. Topping the list are brucellosis and other diseases that could spread to Utah herds.

The resolution claims many of Bundy�s cows have been running loose on the range for so many years that they can no longer be considered domestic. In addition to being disease carriers, these animals are not accustomed to being gathered or transported and would be a menace to those handling them, it said.

"Feral cattle do not receive proper immunizations or other veterinary care," the resolution states. "Feral cattle are likely to interbreed, and interbreeding of cattle creates numerous problems with maintaining a healthy and vibrant herd."

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I guess I just dont understand how the Fed. is involved at all.Its state land so why were they collecting fees.Can someone explain this to me.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yea, they sure worry about that turtle, disease, domestication and interbreeding thing with the wild horses.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
pure political bs.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jdm953
I guess I just dont understand how the Fed. is involved at all.Its state land so why were they collecting fees.Can someone explain this to me.

It's not state land

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
When will they remember to bring up the amount of methane gas produced by them, but not the wild burros.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
"Lueders said she understood that the heavy equipment was being used to 'restore land that has been affected by the trespass cattle.' "
Bull schlitz!

She needs to get her azz out of the air-conditioned office more often.
We're not talking about 300 million buffalo stampeding across the land....we're talking about 500-600 cattle over what.....150,000 acres.

The "heavy equip" (whatever that means) is or was being used to blaze staging areas (corrals) for the captured cattle and/or to open roads or improve two tracks
so that semi's can get in there to remove the cattle. The use of a backhole to
hoist dead animals into a dump truck is another possibility.
A private aircraft can fly over the area and record what has changed. The scars would stand out. Of course,the BLM could request the FAA or Homeland to declare the area a no-fly zone.

The statement that heavy equip would repair habitat damage done by cattle is assinine. Let's compare footprints of the equip to the cattle. And why attempt range repair when the cattle haven't all been captured?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
103 members (6mmbrfan, 160user, 10Glocks, 35, 308ld, 338reddog, 14 invisible), 1,708 guests, and 748 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.