Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

Not knowing her or her interests, I always say you can't go wrong with a quality watch as a graduation present. Especially since she is going into corporate America with a job already (congrat's to her on graduation and job by the way).

I work in corporate world and I have to say people who don't wear watches and are always checking their phone for the time gets annoying when I'm in meetings with them.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
250 Pistol course at Gunsite Academy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by boatboy
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
I think a "JOB" would be the best graduation present.

I agree

The big guy asked budget (Thanks for reading my post)
I really dont know Honestly if I could think of something really special I would do my best to make it happen

The IRA gift is a great idea.
Other possibilities are a trip to someplace she's interested in, like Ireland, or the Mediterranean. Maybe just whale watching in Mexico...
Does she have a reliable car?

Is this your only child or are you starting something you will want to do again down the road?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My daughter had quit school to marry and help her husband graduate. When she finally graduated she was 26, with a husband and child, planning for a second child.

She had sold her kayak, which she considered her freedom machine, shortly after she married.
She got an 18' family canoe for graduation...

Does your daughter have any particular sport interest or activity that she participates in?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
enough money to live on until she gets started with her new job

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by RickBin
Hmmm. Help her open up an IRA and make the first deposit as her gift. That would be a helluva next step on the right path for a recent college grad savvy enough to already have a job lined up.

THIS!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wtxj
If she has the auto, if she has the apt. money, the business attire then a brand new bible would be good, along with the
"Roth IRA".

I like the way that you think.

I would only add the idea that experiences are forever. What I mean by that is that you could buy her a trip somewhere she's always wanted to go. Or, take her along on a trip that you've always wanted to do.

She'll always remember either event. Either she gets alone time in a dream location alone with her thoughts before she steps out into the world or she gets to go be a part of daddy's dream with his little girl before he lets go of the woman she's become.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A quality binocular would also be a possibility, but the IRA & Bible are top contenders......................

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
My oldest daughter wanted diamonds and my youngest wanted a guided antelope hunt. Far be it from me to deny either of them.

Most modern corporations have investment counselors on board that will help them with the IRA/Roth/401K. The youngest daughter is now 30 and figures she and her husband have another 15 years before retirement and changing careers to consulting. They assume that we will get rid of the current clowns in Washington that seem to want to tax anything that generates wealth.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Buy her a six month gift certificate supply of fried chicken from Popeye's!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
take her on a trip. Things come and go, but memories with family will always be with her. (and you as well) just my 2 cents.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
My daughter is graduating this May, with high honors as well. She expressed a nice SLR digital camera with a good lens. We have been looking at the Nikon 5200.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Any chance you could swing allowing her the opportunity to enter "the world" debt free?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A car

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
plane tickets to Key West fantasy fest in October

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Lifetime hunting lisc

B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by horse1
Any chance you could swing allowing her the opportunity to enter "the world" debt free?

Funny you should say that quite a few years ago I got married to a crazy lady it lasted a month .It concerned me enough that I immediatly paid he collage off with a plan they had here in MI, so she has no debt

Thanks for all the advice and sharing the personal experiances
I am going to do a piece of Jewerly and
an IRA account start and a brokerage account that she will be able to grow
She has been talking about the IRA for a while but as a student not much to fund it
Thanks again to all
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Here is the PS

Thanks for good advice
What I did was went to a very reputable jewler locally and bought some Diamong Stud earings (Thanks Miss Lynn)

and I started a Roth IRA and a brokerage account. It was great she liked the earing of course but was very excited about getting the accounts added to and growing

But I really wanted to share my favorite Graduation picture

[Linked Image]

Hockey fans may feel like they heard this name before, Ferris State played for the National Championship against Boston Collage last year.
Each year they field very good teams and its Ferris #1 sport

So there is the Zambonie how cool

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My daughter graduated college in 1991. After 6 years she obtained her art degree. At her graduation party I gave her a check for 1,000 bucks. We were both very happy.

She left Iowa after graduation and stone cold, landed a job as an Account Exec at a major Missouri newspaper. Today she is VP, Advertising, for that newspaper. That present I gave her paid for gas, room and board for a month, or so. Money does help.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 7 invisible), 1,576 guests, and 722 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,544
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.