Print Thread
Hop To
E
ehunter Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
So has anyone sent one in yet. I am wondering how long it will take to get it back. My rifle is my coyote gun and I don�t want to not have it for the next 3 month's.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
BP-B6

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Good luck

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I noticed that Bud's Guns has no Model 700s in stock. Recall?

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buy an aftermarket trigger. I put in a Rifle Basix trigger in my 700's, pretty simple install without having to file. It does require you to drill The trigger pin holes (2) that are tapered by Remington so that the new pins fit.

Last edited by Esox357; 04/27/14.
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I got an email from Remington on 4/11 saying they were sending me shipping tags and a box but I haven't seen them as of 4/27.

The previous time I sent the rifle in (different problem) it took about a week from the time I sent it in, to getting it back. With the number of rifles they're going to have to take care of, I expect it to take much longer to get it back.

IC B2

E
ehunter Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Its been a week for me still no box

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Perfect opportunity to replace the turd mobile Xmark with a Timney.

E
ehunter Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
I have thought about that but this gun shoots so well as it is.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It will shoot just as well with a Timney.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
May even shoot it better with a Timney

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep! A crisp breaking high quality trigger, adjusted to a nice weight with no creep is a worthwhile addition to any rifle.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
After dealing with modern customer service with several companies over the past few years, I would suggest replacing the trigger with a timney, or having a gunsmith replace it if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. There is no telling how long it will take Remington to get to your rifle, or how long they will have it when they do.

I am still waiting on a replacement for a melting recoil pad I was supposed to get three years ago from Remington.

TANSTAAFL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No No NO you won't catch me sending Remington my rifles. Timney!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
On April 15 I sent this to Remington:

OK people. Time to get this right. I have four of your recalled triggers. I have one in a rifle that's already been back to you twice already to correct manufacturing defects. A rifle that incidentally did have an AD last deer season.

I am not about to ship these rifles with scopes on them that cost more than the guns. I am not inclined in the least to dismount the scopes. And, I am damned sure not inclined to trust you to do this work promptly and return the guns to me immediately, at least not after waiting half an hour on the phone to talk to someone about this.

It's on you now. Call me ASAP between the hours of 9:00 AM and 1:30 PM at 612-220-3601. At this time, the only option I think is fair is that you offer me a fair price for the triggers in my guns and I will have them replaced with reliable triggers from a reliable company.

I have yet to hear back from Remington. I do not expect to hear back from Remington. I kind of expect that I'll have to file a small claims action here in Minnesota and then go to a lot of trouble to collect anything. I'd have to be nuts to trust them to do it right. I'd have to be nuts to let them replace my nice tuned triggers with their POS factory triggers. I'd have to be nuts to eat the cost of having my trigger tuned when it comes back. I'd have to be nuts to eat the cost of the ammo to resight the scope after I remount it. Lastly, I'd have to be nuts to let someone who's already messed up the damned triggers first by producing the Xmark that isn't quite right and then by leaving gunk in them so I have to send it back.

What the hell is the matter with Remington that they'd think I would even consider such a stupid course of action as to just up and send them my rifle??? No way in hell!

E
ehunter Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Ok I am now considering putting a timmy vs sending it back.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If it's just the trigger recall, do yourself a favor and put a Timney in it, or pay a gunsmith to put it in.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Honestly I think they are banking that most of us will elect not to send them back. Ive said it before and I agree they should consider sending us a check if we send them back their trigger. Seems that some option like that would be cheaper for them. I would be happy with some fair amount versus nothing. But my rifle aint going back.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Perfect opportunity to replace the turd mobile Xmark with a Timney.

pick the corn out of the turd, you still have a turd.
fk Remington and their overpriced, overmarketed junk.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
MILES58 - I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting on Remington's response. Check out SteelHead's post on this same subject. Based on past experience the recall could take years to complete.
NOTE TO TIMNEY - ramp up production on #510 triggers ASAP - you'll be shipping beau coup soon. Homesteader.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
649 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,973 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,668
Posts18,399,405
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.