Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Stray Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/teen-shot-killed-mans-garage-germany-23500791

Not sure how leaving a purse in a garage is "baiting," but it will be interesting to see how shooting at a sound in a garage will play out.

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Sounds like a successful reconnaisance by fire.

".......he did not see anyone in the darkened garage and did not communicate with anyone before sweeping the garage with four shotgun blasts........."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's interesting I think if he had kept his mouth shut when getting a hair cut none of this would be in question. I almost think he was wrong but I don't know all the details. Of course missoula is the liberal epicenter of the state.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good thing a cop didn't shoot the burglar, or it'd be another bash the police thread here on the freakshow.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Looks like his pals in Hamburg are sad.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/german-soccer-club-mourns-teammate-slain-montana-n95181

From the pic it looks like the kid has some Turkish roots.

Another waste of a young life. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's a "back Story" to this one.

dunno' if we'll ever hear it, but gut tells me these two KNEW one another,...or that the previous B&Es were not just about property and standard burglary fare.

Sure as hell, everybody involved was in the wrong place at the right time.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Sounds like a successful reconnaisance by fire.

".......he did not see anyone in the darkened garage and did not communicate with anyone before sweeping the garage with four shotgun blasts........."

It does work sometimes don't it?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

From the pic it looks like the kid has some Turkish roots.

So takin' other folks' stuff came naturally to him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sounds like a bad deal but the details say he was somewhere on private property he wasn't wanted. no word on violence or trying to break in. I highly doubt someone said "hey look this guy just stepped on my land, I'm gonna pop him."

if there is more to the story then the guy probably knew he shouldn't have been there. sad either way.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe Kaarma's Armenian.
......think about that for a moment.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Only and idiot fires through a wall without identifying their target. What if it had been his wife, child or relative? Furthermore, it's pretty hard to claim self defense when you can't even see the person threatening your life and they can't see you.

Last edited by ConradCA; 05/01/14.

[Linked Image from ]
E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Only and idiot fires through a wall without identifying their target. What if it had been his wife, child or relative? Furthermore, it's pretty hard to claim self defense when you can't even see the person threatening your life and they can't see you.

Just ask the "Blade Runner".

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
homeowner was in the wrong. in multiple ways.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stray
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/teen-shot-killed-mans-garage-germany-23500791

Not sure how leaving a purse in a garage is "baiting," but it will be interesting to see how shooting at a sound in a garage will play out.

This will probably lead to repeal of the Castle Doctrine which is fairly new.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I highly doubt someone said "hey look this guy just stepped on my land, I'm gonna pop him."

Actually that is sorta what the shooter said days before the shooting.

"In addition, a hair stylist told police that during an appointment a few days earlier, Kaarma talked about staying up nights trying to catch a would-be burglar.

�I�m just waiting to shoot some (expletive) kid,� Kaarma allegedly told stylists at the Missoula salon".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by Stray

This will probably lead to repeal of the Castle Doctrine which is fairly new.

Why? It doesn't look like the castle doctrine applies -- unless he is acquitted. I find that unlikely due to his discussion with the hairdresser. That's shows intent.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
more liberal than Bozeman? shudder to think that.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Why? It doesn't look like the castle doctrine applies -- unless he is acquitted. I find that unlikely due to his discussion with the hairdresser. That's shows intent.
If he fully intended to kill the kids, he's in deep trouble. It makes it no longer a case of self defense, and castle doctrine, or pretty much any other laws related to the use of lethal force are gone; he's out there in the wind.

And for what? A few credit cards and cell phones? Worth MAYBE a couple grand at best. Won't even cover the retainer on an attorney, not to mention the wrongful death civil suit. This guy was a first class idiot; and probably a murderer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am beginning to think the back story might smell "fishy".
Kaarma and his common law wife? think maybe the kid was after something other than credit cards.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Good God, where did she get those spandex pants?

They sure don't flatter her, all the sand has shifted to the bottom!

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,711 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,832
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.