Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche

That said after some tinkering and modifying I now have a system that is out of my way, more secure than just through the sling over the top of a frame or stay (they still flop around when working over boulders or if brush gets inbetween the stock and the pack) which is why I don't like doing just that.

So what i use now is a modified Corral gunslinger. Keeps the weigh on the belt of the pack and secured to the belt and the rifle barrel is behind me but still quick to access without taking my pack off.

Here is a video that shows it better than I can explain:
http://s184.photobucket.com/user/alaska_lanche/media/Riflecarrynosound_zps7b2801ed.mp4.html

And it even works with a Browning.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whiptail
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche

That said after some tinkering and modifying I now have a system that is out of my way, more secure than just through the sling over the top of a frame or stay (they still flop around when working over boulders or if brush gets inbetween the stock and the pack) which is why I don't like doing just that.

So what i use now is a modified Corral gunslinger. Keeps the weigh on the belt of the pack and secured to the belt and the rifle barrel is behind me but still quick to access without taking my pack off.

Here is a video that shows it better than I can explain:
http://s184.photobucket.com/user/alaska_lanche/media/Riflecarrynosound_zps7b2801ed.mp4.html

And it even works with a Browning.

HAHA I know right.....nothing works with a Browning....its a wonder I've killed anything at all with it wink

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by sherp
Gun Bearer is great.

Any reason it HAS to be attached to the pack? Have you tried a 2 point sling let out long enough to carry over the shoulder so it carries across you about waist high?

No, put it around your [bleep] neck.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by sherp
Gun Bearer is great.

Any reason it HAS to be attached to the pack? Have you tried a 2 point sling let out long enough to carry over the shoulder so it carries across you about waist high?

No, put it around your [bleep] neck.

Why would you want to put it around your neck and focus the weight on a smaller area instead of spread the load out and where the rifle is more controlled?

http://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=14

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 50 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,092
Posts18,464,055
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.