Print Thread
Hop To
T
Terrill Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Gentlemen, it's been years (about 20) since I shot any matches and I've gotten that bug again. Does anyone have the updated rules on equipment? I know I can order a book from the NRA but I really just want to see and plan for future shopping.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
GB1

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NRA Rule 3.2.1 Smallbore Hunting Silhouette Rifle - Identical to the description of the High Power Hunting Rifle below, except that (a) the rifle may be a single loading rifle, (b) the weight may not exceed 81/2 pounds, and (c) the rifle shall be chambered for only factory loaded .22 short, long, long rifle rimfire cartridges. Hot loads, such as "Stingers", are not permitted. See NRA Rifle Silhouette Rule Book - Rule 3.17 below.

NRA Rule 3.17 Ammunition - Center fire ammunition having a projectile (bullet) of 6mm or larger but no armor piercing or tracer types are permitted. Smallbore ammunition shall be factory loaded .22 short, long or long rifle rimfire cartridges. Hot loads such as "Stingers" are not permitted. The use of any other type ammunition may be prohibited by local range or tournament regulations. Loads that damage targets may be disapproved by the Chief Range Officer, Match Director or Jury.

NRA Rule 3.1 High Power Silhouette Rifle - A rifle, 6mm or larger caliber, meeting the following specifications:

(a) Maximum weight 10 pounds, 2 ounces, including sights.

(b) Any sights, telescopic or metallic may be used. Scopes may not be more than 2 inches above the rifle as measured from the top of the receiver to the underside of the scope tube, nor may the scope be offset from the top center line of the receiver. Any sighting device programmed to activate the firing mechanism is prohibited.

(c) Any trigger not subject to accidental discharge. Triggers which function on release are not permitted. In the event of accidental discharge, the Range Officer shall require adjustment or replacement of the rifle.

(d) Stock: The stock must be traditionally styled and may not be bent and/or twisted so as to deviate from conventional configurations such as factory rifle stocks or silhouette stocks as manufactured by Fajen, McMillan, H-S Precision, and others. The forend, including the trigger guard mounts and screws, shall not exceed 2 /14 inches wide, and 2 1/4 inches deep measured from the center line of the bore. Magazines do not have to conform to stock measurements but those that extend below the stock line may not be used as support as per Rule 3.1(h) and 3.14. The forend shall extend a minimum of 8 inches forward of the forward edge of the receiver ring. The comb shall not extend above the center line of the bore, but Monte Carlo roll may rise 1/2 inch on the off side. The toe of the stock including butt-plate or recoil pad shall be no more than 7 inches below the center line of the bore. Butt-plate or recoil pad may not extend below the lower line of the stock.

(e) Attachments which do not cause any portion of the rifle to exceed the weight or dimensions as listed herein are permitted provided they do not exceed past the end of the barrel. Sighting devices are not considered "attachments".

(f) Trigger guard must be present and may not vary from conventional configuration for the purpose of providing added thumb or palm support and shall be no deeper than 1 5/16 inches below the bottom line of the forend. (Note: T/C Contender and Ruger Single Shot rifles are exempt, provided the additional depth of the trigger guard is not used as palm or thumb support.)

(g) The barrel may be no longer than 30 inches including any sleeve or attachment, as measured from the face of the closed bolt to the end of the barrel.

(h) Exceptions: U.S. caliber .30 M1, M14, and M1A. These rifles only may exceed the weight limit. Telescopic sights are not permitted. The magazine of the M1A or M14 may not be used as a palm rest.

http://www.lasc.us/LASClevermatch.htm

T
Terrill Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Thank you sir, you're a gentleman no matter what I've heard.
Now all I have to do is to decide on a rifle and practice. Twenty-five years ago I used a re-barreled #4 rolling block just for the fun or it and I may have to try it again.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think most guys are using Anschutz, Win 52s, and Rem 541s. However, Silhouette is very much a shooter's game and I don't know why you couldn't knock over the turkeys and rams with a rolling block.........

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

293 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 38 invisible), 2,697 guests, and 1,063 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,617
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.