-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, I had an in home DR visit/exam on Wed of this week and need to get my Dyalysis port put in soon. I am looking forward to feeling better when my bloood gets cleaned out thouroughly for a change. Then, after (hopefully) a Kidney Transplant. Sherri is doing GREAT! Thank you for asking.

FWIW, 14.8 and 15.0 gr of AA#9 did zero, zip for more speed over my chronograph. I figured that at those levels I was just using powder and upping the pressuure with no real benefit so the 14.6 was, in my 5 inch gun, a sweet spot of sorts. Almost no shot to shot variation in velocity, and a true 1 inch at 25 years accuracy load in my RIA 10mm.

Do you mind sharing with me, via PM perhaps, your heavier bullet load?

Blessings abundant,

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MOGC
Just ordered two boxes of the Underwood 200 gr. XTP. I have been watching the website for awhile now for this to get back in stock.

Just a note here... My ammo was delivered today! Overnight... dang fast processing and shipping. Came very well packaged and is clean good looking ammunition. After my new sights get here from Brownell's Monday I hope to wring some of those 200 gr. XTP's out on the range next week.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
EricM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
MOGC,

That was fast! You'll have to let us know how you like them.

Cheers,

Eric

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EricM
MOGC,

That was fast! You'll have to let us know how you like them.

Cheers,

Eric

By all means! Please do.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by safariman
Thanks, I had an in home DR visit/exam on Wed of this week and need to get my Dyalysis port put in soon. I am looking forward to feeling better when my bloood gets cleaned out thouroughly for a change. Then, after (hopefully) a Kidney Transplant. Sherri is doing GREAT! Thank you for asking.

FWIW, 14.8 and 15.0 gr of AA#9 did zero, zip for more speed over my chronograph. I figured that at those levels I was just using powder and upping the pressuure with no real benefit so the 14.6 was, in my 5 inch gun, a sweet spot of sorts. Almost no shot to shot variation in velocity, and a true 1 inch at 25 years accuracy load in my RIA 10mm.

Blessings abundant,

MARK

I'm loading 14.8 with my 180 XTP's & 14.5 with my 200 gr XTP's. Both my Glock 20 & my Kimber Match 10 are shooting 5 shots into 1" @ 25 yards off of a sandbag, with both the 180's & 200's. I would expect that kind off accuracy from my Kimber & Les Baer 10mm's, but who the heck would have thought an ugly ole stock Glock 20 would be that accurate!
Needless to say, my Glock 20 won't EVER be for sale! It's my go to gun when I'm bow hunting in the lower 48 where black bears & mountain lions are in abundance.

Prayers on the way to find you a new Kidney!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I noticed their little disclaimer says "DO NOT USE in Colt Delta Elite 10mm's.

But they are safe for use in Factory Glock 10mm barrels!

Guess that shoots to hell all the rumors every one posts on here about Glocks going Kaboom wink

But, of course, I already knew that. I've been shooting them in my Glock 20 and my Kimber Match Target 10mm for years! cool

Now let's pop some popcorn and see how many pages this debate will go..... confused

^^^^^^^ "But, of course, I already knew that. I've been shooting them in my Glock 20 and my Kimber Match Target 10mm for years!"

Seams clear to me in context.

If that is not what you meant, so be it. My comprehension is fine.

I have no BS.

I do not embellish either.

Like I said. The 10mm is not the "Big Bad Wolf." I'm not afraid of it. I do take care of my 1911's. All 33 of them!

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by safariman

Blessings abundant,

MARK

I'm loading 14.8 with my 180 XTP's & 14.5 with my 200 gr XTP's. Both my Glock 20 & my Kimber Match 10 are shooting 5 shots into 1" @ 25 yards off of a sandbag, with both the 180's & 200's. I would expect that kind off accuracy from my Kimber & Les Baer 10mm's, but who the heck would have thought an ugly ole stock Glock 20 would be that accurate!
Needless to say, my Glock 20 won't EVER be for sale! It's my go to gun when I'm bow hunting in the lower 48 where black bears & mountain lions are in abundance.

Prayers on the way to find you a new Kidney!

I thought you did not publish your top loads here.

Info here for the open forum.

Per my "AA RED BOOK" (Number one, 1994):

Gun: HS Precision
Barrel Length 5"
Primer CCI 300
Case HDY
Max Length 0.992"
Trim Length 0.984
OAL Max 1.260"
OAL MIN 1.240"
SAAMI Maximum Average Pressure for the 10mm Auto is 37,500 P.S.I.

Using AA#9 MAXIMUM LOADS ----**

HDY 180 XTP -- 13.5gr -- 1242fps -- 34,100 PSI

HDY 200 XTP -- 12.5gr -- 1170fps -- 37,000 PSI

Just saying.

PS: Safariman-- good luck on finding a new kidney.

** Data listed here was double checked for accuracy.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Gibby is correct in his posts anyone running higher than 1300 fps with 180s is definitely shooting higher pressure than SAAMI max average. Sooner are later something bad could happen and IMHO it ain't worth the risk.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Considering the attributes of AA#9 (in this instance) in the 10mm, it is not "way over loaded". But most experienced and responsible hand loaders use "judicious" loads. Some never learn.

It's is just of mater of time. Repeatable stress on steel ( plastic in the Glock's case), temperature of the barrel and ambient temps. There is no need to tear your guns up. They make bigger calibers. An extra 100 fps is costly. Not worth it.

This is a reliable indicator of a good hand loader.

That said. Some of your smaller ammo suppliers experiment with "duplex" loads. But they do it with pressure barrels/receivers and test equipment. I do not have that equipment. Most people don't.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
That's basically what I was going to point out, for staters.
I'd add that Hornady brass is lighter than the other brass out there. Winchester is close, but Starline isn't.
The other thing is just how much more performance do you get in the field ?
As I understand it, the SAAMI limits are established from lots of testing. The idea is to allow our guns to last a while. And under less than ideal conditions. Do much shooting in 100 degree temperatures with a dirty gun ?
I, for one, like a little leeway. Particularly when it doesn't appear to make any difference in the field. E

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Correct! No difference in the field.

Now. Every load combination has a sweet spot. My maximum allowed is 1" at 25yrds in testing for hunting center fire hand guns. That at 50yrds for bulls eye guns. I would surmise that AA #9's sweet spot would be at the top velocities.

I'm not much on flame throwers in low light (Blue Dot).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 15 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 750 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,665
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.