-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Watching golf on TV is a complete waste of a day. I dread going to see my FIL tomorrow because he will have the US Open on TV and it will be LOUD! Same thing every frickin' Father's Day!

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ear plugs?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
twofish Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I play golf occasionally. Never got very good. Played mostly when I was in my 30's. Best I could tell everybody that could score well played at least twice a week and hit balls on the off days.

I do however have respect for folks who play well and if I have nothing else to do I will watch something like the US Open, Masters or other majors.

I can see folks thinking it is boring as hell but if you have ever tried to play at decent level watching great players is impressive.

NBC's commentators even make it hard for me to watch though...

twofish

*Master of random precision*
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
plus, a kraut is going to win...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Espn is worse coverage. Berman is worse than any of them.

IC B2

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd rather watch paint dry or even soccer than golf on TV.

1B

twofish Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1B
I'd rather watch paint dry or even soccer than golf on TV.

1B

I can't watch soccer. The only time I could tolerate a soccer game was when one of my kid's was playing. Now soccer on ice with the sticks and fights is a different story. grin

twofish

*Master of random precision*
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I like Johnny Miller. No nonsense analyst IMO.

Just tells it like it is. Nantz drives me nuts - "whispering" when someone is ready to put even though he's probably a mile away from the damn green!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
Espn is worse coverage. Berman is worse than any of them.

Berman cracks me up, I'd like to see him and Feherty paired up together.

Last edited by tpcollins; 06/15/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"bread and circuses"

"food stamps and basketball"

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Tell you what, I dont think I've ever watched a more boring US Open.

No drama, no stars, no nothin.

At least I used to be able to root against Tiger...

Btw I still say Johnny Miller is good. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B

Tell you what, I dont think I've ever watched a more boring US Open.

No drama, no stars, no nothin.

You'd have to pay me to watch golf. Well, I might voluntarily watch a few highlights, but...

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story...s-cart-driver-to-on-course-arrest-061414

PINEHURST, N.C. -- The loud commotion by the 11th tee right after U.S. Open leader Martin Kaymer teed off on Saturday had nothing to do with competition. It had to do with an angry North Carolina Highway patrolman and the arrest of NBC roving golf reporter Roger Maltbie's cart driver.

The trooper, identified in the arrest report as Ryan Ashley Goodin, was upset because he said the driver, identified as Thomas Howerton Lineberry, 59, of Wilmington, ran over his foot when leaving the tee area. Goodin then chased the cart on a sandy surface just outside the gallery ropes while yelling, �Stop! Stop!� and �Come back here.�

He finally caught up, climbed onto the back of the cart and put his arms around Lineberry's neck and shoulders from behind. As Maltbie came over to try to help his friend and colleague, Goodin handcuffed the suspect from behind and arrested him.

"This is a new one," Maltbie said walking down the 11th fairway at Pinehurst No. 2. "I've been to a couple of rodeos and a county fair and I've never had this happen."

The N.C. Department of Public Safety said Lineberry was taken to the Moore County Jail on Saturday night in nearby Carthage.

Lineberry was charged with four criminal counts, according to a report released by the Department of Public Safety: felony assault on a law-enforcement officer; felony hit and run; driving while impaired; and resist, obstruct and delay, according to a State Highway Patrol report.

"They did take a test, and there was suspicion of an impairment, potentially drugs," said Pam Walker, a spokeswoman for the North Carolina Department of Public Safety.

Goodin, the trooper, was treated at the State Highway Patrol medical trailer for a minor leg injury and released. Goodin is one of about 170 troopers assisting with security at the U.S. Open.

Lineberry was released on a $3,000 secured bond. Messages left by Golfweek at Lineberry's home and work numbers were not immediately returned.

"We are aware of the incident involving a local volunteer and will refrain from commenting further until we have all of the facts and have spoken to everyone involved,� an NBC Sports spokesperson said.

Maltbie said he has been friends with the man since his rookie year on Tour. The North Carolinian also drove for Maltbie at the 1999 and 2005 U.S. Opens at Pinehurst.

One witness said the cart brushed the officer. It's clear the mistake the driver made in not stopping when ordered. But it's uncertain whether he knew a law officer was screaming for him to stop the cart.

After being handcuffed, Lineberry asked Maltbie to put his headset back on the top of his head so he could inform NBC officials about what happened. Walking down the 11th hole, Maltbie radioed a producer and said, �Send somebody out here. My cart is on the right of the 11th tee.�

Soon after, a substitute driver arrived.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Drama llama cops. How bout just get the fugg out the way of the golf cart next time.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by fredIII
Golf just sucks .

2nd. Beat me to it.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd rather watch Celebrity Clog Dancing while having my fingernails pulled out than watch golf! What a friggin waste of time.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Most people who watch golf also play golf, so we "get it". I, for one, cannot understand how people can stand to watch soccer, but apparently they do. I have to say that there's too much talking going on. There are at least 4 guys talking about every shot they show on tv: the 2 in the booth, the guy on the tower covering the hole, and the guy on the ground covering the group playing the hole. Somebody needs to shut up. And why do we need "essays" at a golf tournament. Some old rummy waxing poetic about tournaments that happened 50 years ago. Just shut up and show the golf, already!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Most people who watch golf also play golf, so we "get it". I, for one, cannot understand how people can stand to watch soccer, but apparently they do. I have to say that there's too much talking going on. There are at least 4 guys talking about every shot they show on tv: the 2 in the booth, the guy on the tower covering the hole, and the guy on the ground covering the group playing the hole. Somebody needs to shut up. And why do we need "essays" at a golf tournament. Some old rummy waxing poetic about tournaments that happened 50 years ago. Just shut up and show the golf, already!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,523 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,096
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.