Is at it again!!

See:

O'Dwyer

New Orleans attorney Ashton O'Dwyer filed suit Wednesday, June 14, in United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana on behalf of Mark Edward Marchiafava. The title 42 section 1983 action, resulted from the unlawful arrest and wrongful imprisonment of Marchiafava in January after he was confronted by Gonzales, La. police for openly carrying his firearm at the Tanger Outlet Mall.

I blogged about Mark in February. I described the details of his arrest, and published one memorable quote from an Officer Billiot: "I don't care what the laws or the Supreme Court say. WE are NOT going to have people running around, wearing guns..."

You may remember Ashton O'Dwyer for the bold stand he took in New Orleans in the immediate days after hurricane Katrina hit the city. A visibly armed Ashton O'Dwyer stood before the CNN cameras and declared, �I will leave when I am dead. OK. Let them be warned. They come to my house, they try to evict me, they try to take my guns, there will be gunfire.�

My kind of guy!

The suit named the Gonzales police department, the Ascension Parish sheriff's office and the three known officers as defendants. In addition to the allegations of excessive force, unlawful arrest and wrongful imprisonment, the suit addresses the question of the unlawful seizure of Marchiafava's sidearm, which was being worn in full compliance with Louisiana law.

This matter has been assigned to Judge Ralph Tyson's court.

Google the subject line and you will find this guy has been very busy for gun owners since Katrina.