Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by okok
Some excellent restaurants in Homer...sorta a hippish/granola feel to the town.

Hence the term "Homeroids". smile

Have to admit escaping to Anchortown to see a
skirt and no ExtraToughs on a woman

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Soldotna is owned by the horseshoe mafia

I know a guy that knows a guy

if you know that guy then Soldotna is paradise

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Can your guy make the skeeters go away? grin

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

LMAO!!

Oops, one of them might read this thread, I better sit quietly over here. eek grin

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
D
DSF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Go to the pizza place on the highway near the weigh station flashing lights? Its called Magpies, Pete the original owner grew up in MN on the farm next to us. Great guy and better than any pizza down here! My wife says who would have ever thought that the best pizza she ever ate would be in AK ! Love the area, Love the sites, Love the fishing cant think of anything that I dont Love about Ak other than the trip getting there!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Well I'm happy for you I been out of seward twice and after fishing the ninilchik for Halibut never again will I set foot on a boat in seward... Homer is pretty good cause you can fish for a Salmon, rockfish and halibut. I forget the name of the charter out of homer we went with but 1st class operation and great fishing.

Who you fish with is more important then what port you go out of. If you went with Crackerjack out of Seward you more than likely would have had a wonderful time, if you went with Saltwater Safari I understand your disappointment. Seward has the full mix of halibut, rockfish, salmon and ling cod.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Crackerjack and Pro-Fish-NSea are basically partner charters and i've fished with both outfits, they are THE best charters in Seward bar none. Book a charter after July 1st and you can fish for and keep halibut, lings (1), rockfish, silvers and if you're really lucky, salmon sharks.

I'd skip the Kenai, the king runs down there over the last several years have been abismal to say the least.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great place and region, but I find it a bit of a tourist trap during the spring summer seasons. Post Labor Day a very pleasant place to be.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DeskJockey
Asking if it's white trash without ever being there.... go [bleep] yourself
Who better to ask than someone who lives in AK? A simple yes or no would be much more informative.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I liked that we had 8 rods on our boat (pro fish-n-sea) and we hammered fish almost all day. Everyone had a limit and they were super professional. I spent a bit more up front, but I was on a faster, nicer boat and it was worth it. Bring tip cash....you'll want to give it to them.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ps, we passed boats that had LOTS of people fishing on them. Looked like a circus.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The root word Soldot may have come from Russian for Soldier?

Shemya, further out on the Aleutian chain, also comes from the Russian word for "unjust trial". Tell me. Spent my 20th year there.

1B

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had an overnight at Shemya a few years ago, after a task at the USCG Lorsta on Attu. Kind of remote, but good grub and rooms there.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (264mag, Anaconda, 6mmCreedmoor, ak_Rick, 12 invisible), 1,562 guests, and 790 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,431
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.