Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
http://rare.us/story/you-cant-be-a-conservative-without-being-libertarian/

A good look at the current rift between big government lovers and those who want the country to be saved.

The Founders were not libertarians and never intended the Constitution to have a libertarian bent. Therein lies the problem: libertarianism is not faithful to the original intent of the Founders, whereas Conservativism (limited government and fidelity to the moral law) are faithful to that intent. The problem isn't conservatism, its that too many who profess to be conservatives love big government.

The Founders increased the size and scope of government when they wrote the Constitution then immediately showed they wanted even more power such as the Alien and Sedition Acts done up by Adams and his fellow Federalists who went on to become Whigs who went on to be come Republicans and who are still true to what the Founders wanted.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I like trolling. I just wish you were better at it.

He tries Pat....Bless his heart

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Every post you've ever made was trolling, and almost every thing you've ever posted was "wrong". I'm okay with that. Like I said, a good troll is fun to have around. You're just not any good. I bet there is some kind of troll advice to be found on the internet. You tenacity is good. Work on your content and delivery.

Here you go Sherp this might help you up your game.
http://www.howtotroll.org/

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by sherp

A good look at the current rift between big government lovers and those who want the country to be saved.

The Founders were not libertarians and never intended the Constitution to have a libertarian bent. Therein lies the problem: libertarianism is not faithful to the original intent of the Founders, whereas Conservativism (limited government and fidelity to the moral law) are faithful to that intent. The problem isn't conservatism, its that too many who profess to be conservatives love big government.

The Founders increased the size and scope of government when they wrote the Constitution then immediately showed they wanted even more power such as the Alien and Sedition Acts done up by Adams and his fellow Federalists who went on to become Whigs who went on to be come Republicans and who are still true to what the Founders wanted.

Partly true. The Constitution created a central government of sufficient power to enable us to put an end to the greatest tyranny in all of American history---the positive good school of pro-slavery thought in ante-bellum America. In Lincoln's words it was the Constitution which put slavery in "the course of ultimate extinction". There are some here who, in the name of "liberty" are ardent defenders of chattel slavery. crazy Go figure.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
BTW, the "Founders" did not pass the Alien and Sedition Acts. Some men who were Founders supported it; others did not. But then, when the goal is to defame the Constitution and the Founders, details don't matter much do they Sherp? wink

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Already told ya.

So I am pro-republican and pro-police and that makes me wrong according to you?

No, you are wrong because you're a stupid mofo.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

So good it bears repeating. Adam Smith was not an "economist", he was a moral philosopher.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Actually, the Founders of both parties were radicals.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BTW, the "Founders" did not pass the Alien and Sedition Acts. Some men who were Founders supported it; others did not. But then, when the goal is to defame the Constitution and the Founders, details don't matter much do they Sherp? wink

The Federalists passed the Alien and Sedition Acts and they were Founders.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Partly true. The Constitution created a central government of sufficient power to enable us to put an end to the greatest tyranny in all of American history---the positive good school of pro-slavery thought in ante-bellum America. In Lincoln's words it was the Constitution which put slavery in "the course of ultimate extinction". There are some here who, in the name of "liberty" are ardent defenders of chattel slavery. crazy Go figure.

Yep, Lincoln was great. He defended slave owners wanting their runaway slaves back when he was an attorney then totally ignored the Constitution and BOR to keep the country together. Also made a test run with income tax which rocks! He was so crazy he wouldn't even carry a pocket knife for fear of committing suicide, but he sure did know how to put civilians on their knees before the Federal Government!!

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by derby_dude

The Federalists passed the Alien and Sedition Acts and they were Founders.

Yeppers!! John Adams was definitely a Founder and he damn sure didn't have a problem with the Alien and Sedition Acts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
there has always been a lot of 'libertarian' in me, but the party leaders such as Rand Paul leave me behind.
I am pretty Conservative. Back years ago, I parted with the John Birch Society, as I felt they were a little left wing. shocked laugh

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
there has always been a lot of 'libertarian' in me, but the party leaders such as Rand Paul leave me behind.
I am pretty Conservative. Back years ago, I parted with the John Birch Society, as I felt they were a little left wing. shocked laugh

Rand Paul is a Republican and a Conservative, just like Christie and Romney.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The art of trolling has for the most part been lost, in the same way and for the same reasons that the rhetorical arts of Attic Greek have been lost. So few people appreciate Attic Greek today--even in Greece--that even a skilled rhetoricist would go entirely unappreciated, no matter how good his arguments or persuasive his propaganda.

Long ago, before the Internet, before anybody knew what HTTP was and Usenet was king, people understood what trolling was and how to react to it and appreciate it. There were competent--nay, brilliant!--trolls and contemptible trolls, and everything in between.

Now, almost nobody remembers old-timey trolling, and so would-be trolls of the old tradition have no real way to develop their skills and no bar against which to measure themselves. Both ingenious trolls and sloppy, lame, half-witted trolls get bites from all directions, so there's no way to know for sure how good one is or how to make oneself better.

It's true that sherp has potential that he isn't exploiting, but in his defense, his environment is working against him.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barak

The art of trolling has for the most part been lost, in the same way and for the same reasons that the rhetorical arts of Attic Greek have been lost. So few people appreciate Attic Greek today--even in Greece--that even a skilled rhetoricist would go entirely unappreciated, no matter how good his arguments or persuasive his propaganda.

Long ago, before the Internet, before anybody knew what HTTP was and Usenet was king, people understood what trolling was and how to react to it and appreciate it. There were competent--nay, brilliant!--trolls and contemptible trolls, and everything in between.

Now, almost nobody remembers old-timey trolling, and so would-be trolls of the old tradition have no real way to develop their skills and no bar against which to measure themselves. Both ingenious trolls and sloppy, lame, half-witted trolls get bites from all directions, so there's no way to know for sure how good one is or how to make oneself better.

It's true that sherp has potential that he isn't exploiting, but in his defense, his environment is working against him.

If I am trolling then every Conservative and Police Officer in the country who gets online is trolling because those groups support the same things I do.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup. The supply of dumb fish on the internet seems unlimited.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I am trolling then every Conservative and Police Officer in the country who gets online is trolling because those groups support the same things I do.

You can't troll me, son, not until you get a lot better at it. I was successfully trolling forum gurus probably before you were born.

Hint: you don't want the cops on the forum hating you. You just want them uncomfortable, rolling their eyes at you. You can still say stuff outrageous enough to stimulate the vitriol from the masses, and you'll be a whole lot more credible than you are now. You can't be slamming the lever against the stop and holding it there in either direction: you have to ride it carefully and constantly adjust position fractionally depending on the reactions you get.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You rally are Gus aren't you?

1B

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 10Glocks, 808outdoors, 21, 1973cb450, 12 invisible), 1,547 guests, and 690 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.