Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Paladin
Originally Posted by mudhen

Don't remember this young lady's name (old age problem), but she was bouncing the target balls around with that handgun.

I'm pretty sure this was the most she had ever shot a handgun, and certainly the greatest variety.

Ed spent a great deal of time with her and the results speak for themselves. I mentioned to her later that had she had to pay for that kind of instruction it would have cost her a small fortune.

Thanks Ed, it doesn't get any better than that.

David

David,

It was my pleasure. Having a willing student is an instructors dream. She soaked up information from me and the other folks and applied it as it fit her.
Evidently no one told her to be afraid of recoil because she sure wasn't shy about holding the sights on target and pulling the trigger! grin

I'm serious about getting up with you and learning more about the way you shoot handguns. While I have practiced for long range big game hunting with handguns, I am more of a tactical handgunner, be it revolver or auto pistol.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
^^^^^^^^^^^^

After watching Ed and David and listening to their instructions I found that my handgun shooting dramatically improved when I got home.

Thank you Gentlemen for your expertise.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ed,

I'd be happy to meet up with you again, and will. I need to get back to Wyoming and refill some brass as well as bring more. I wasn't really ready for this gathering and didn't have as much ammo as I would have liked.

Next time I'll bring some big stuff and a lot of it.

You might want to attend the Linebaugh Seminar next June. We do handgun shooting to nearly 1,000 yards. We usually do penetration tests, which are interesting. It's best to be there to see what goes on. Usually lots of other interesting stuff there like 50-90 Sharps, .458 Win Mag, .405 Winchester, and other fun and interesting revolvers. I missed going this year, sort of traded it for the campfire gig.

Keep an eye on the mail box. When I get a break I'll make it to the PO and get your package in the mail.

TDB

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any time. Glad to help.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I will have to plug that seminar into my calendar. Is there a website for it or a place I can go for more details?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bcolorado
^^^^^^^^^^^^

After watching Ed and David and listening to their instructions I found that my handgun shooting dramatically improved when I got home.

Thank you Gentlemen for your expertise.

I know what you mean about improving your shooting.

Within a week I was busting the thrown quarters with enough regularity for it to be getting expensive. I went to the hardware store and bought two pounds of quarter sized steel washers.

I've now progressed to the point that I can shoot through the hole in the center of 'em even when letting someone else throw them up in the air.

I'll show you at the next gatherin'.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You are my hero! grin

Ed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I will have to plug that seminar into my calendar. Is there a website for it or a place I can go for more details?

Ed

Here's his website. Not updated often so the 2014 info isn't available yet although the dates look about right.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
was there someone at the Quemado campfire who had a .30 luger sizing die for sale? I was told there might have been one there

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
ed, tore down my beat up old kimber .45 acp, and showed me it was just about worn out, david, sighted it in for me,but i never got a chance to shoot pistols with everyone.kept busy doing every thing else. when i got home i decided to send my old kimber back to kimber and have it rebuilt and made new again,and i miss it every time i get in my truck, kinda sad,it was kinda like sending my kids off to college,sure hope it comes back happy to see me as i will be happy to see it. that pistol has saved my butt a few times. rio7

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Blue, that tired warrior got that way from serious use and deserves the treatment you are giving it. The even wear on the parts showed that it was built right and properly maintained.

I'd be missing my primary 1911 too if I had to part with it for any length of time.
Did Kimber give you any idea how long it was going to be before you got it back?

Ed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Paladin
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Wish I had been there......

Tom,

I'm sorry you weren't able to make it this time and hopefully circumstances will allow you to come next year. I will plan on being there again if at all possible and maybe see you then.

I look forward to it sir!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
ed, i talked to the guy at their custom shop,before i sent it, and told him i wanted it made over like new again, sent it to his att: seemed like a good guy i dont expect it back in less than 90 days, im packing my old colt commander for now, its a good gun but i like the kimber better, rio7

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If it's being rebuilt at the Custom Shop, you should get a really sweet pistol back.
I hope you can get it back before 90 days.

Ed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Does anyone know who was responsible for the tamales Sat. nite? Damn, they were good.

Gene, forgot to tell you earlier. Those came from La Norte�a in Pecos.

Here's the info in case anyone wants to get some. I believe they have started shipping again. I think they're closed on Monday. Their card also says they are on face book.

La Notre�a Tamale Factory
211 East Third Street
Pecos, Texas 79772
432-445-3273
lanortenafamoustamlaesgmail.com

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Reminiscing

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was lots of fun....hope to meet up with the group again

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If my counting is correct, just under six weeks to the next one. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I know that you folks will have a blast. I wish I could be there!

Take plenty of pictures.

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Take plenty of pictures.

You are going to be missed. Sadly I carry a camera but get involved with something and forget to take pictures. After it is over, I say "Damn, I forgot to take pictures", but it don't help. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

338 members (10gaugemag, 204guy, 1_deuce, 264mag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 38 invisible), 2,231 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,133
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.