Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You could be stuck with doves and magpies.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Our feeder gets cardinals, jays, finches -- gold and red, red bellied and pileated peckers, brown headed blackbirds, skads of sparrows and doves, plus chipmunks and squirrels and the odd hawk and owl dining on them. It is about 8' from our kitchen table and they could care less -- except to stare at me when the damn thing is empty. Oh, the guilt!

1B

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wish I could Sir, we have plenty for sure. Where we used to live before Charley we had Cardinals and Red Wing Blackbirds, I do miss their songs.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Toddly
[Linked Image]

That's the same sub species the majority of mine are. Mostly green but their back's have an iridescent copper hue.
I have one feeder on the deck and one over in my little rose garden. The feeder by the roses is definitely their favorite. It gets refilled twice a day but I can get by with once a day on the other one. I'm probably feeding two or three dozen. I like having them around but there's so many this year it's starting to get kinda creepy.

THE LITTLE DEMANDING LITTLE BASTARDs ARE EVERYWHERE! eek

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hummers are the chihuahua's of the bird world, belligerent little cuss's.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That's a good picture!

Here's a great video, very peaceful and relaxing:

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
IF I were to hunt them, it'd be #12 shot in .22 short. Don't want to damage the meat.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image]

We don't have too many around here. Probably too spread out because everyone in the neighborhood has a feeder.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I cleaned and filled one of my Hummingbird feeders a little while ago and when I went out to hang it back up there were several of the little retards buzzing around where the feeder normally hangs trying to figure out where it went. Well just before I got there one of em spotted the feeder, buzzed over, and plopped down for a drink. Naturally I thought that was pretty cool so I stopped to get a good look at the little twirp and before you could say Jack Robinson a half dozen more of em had piled on leaving me standing there holding the dam thing for them like a frikin lawn jockey.

This is by far the biggest crop of Bubble birds I've had since I moved here ten years ago. I'm starting to suspect the pushy little free loaders migrated up from Mexico.

Definitely Democrats..... grin

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are going to have to invest in some hummingbird and seed bird feeders. Our indoor cats will chatter and tail twitch like crazy watching them, but inside they will stay!

Goober the birdbrain dog will get pretty wired up about them, too. Family fun!

Loved the photos put up so far. Very cool.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think there is one Youtube vid where a guy trained one to sit on his finger & eat.

I think I'd like to hang a feeder close to the lawn. Hopefully my resident rabbits would wander over and be speared by the hummers.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Cookie is chumming in the hummers (maybe 3 to 4), but it's the orioles that at costing us near gallons of nectar every day.

[Linked Image]

One of the more desired visitors.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 1minute; 07/14/14.

1Minute
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 57 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.