Ruby, our vizsla

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Here's Dolly, and a rooster she pointed near the end of last bird season. Looking forward to many more seasons with her, she's only 1.5 years old right now.
[Linked Image]

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by duckster
Ruby, our vizsla

[Linked Image]

That dog is GORGEOUS! laugh

In a lifetime of dogs there are two that I didn't take home with me that will haunt me forever. Both of which you could look into their eyes and you knew the wheels were turning �one was a vizsla�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
I dunno...Ive got about a million pics of Ingwedog! grin

[Linked Image]

Ingwe, what's your dog doing with Jim Zumbo?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
SurfNTurf...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Buster was about 6 mo. old in this picture.

[Linked Image]

Buster and his sister Savanna from the same litter. The next door neighbors have Savanna. Buster is the white one.

[Linked Image]

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by ingwe
I dunno...Ive got about a million pics of Ingwedog! grin

[Linked Image]

Ingwe, what's your dog doing with Jim Zumbo?

Trying to get the skinny on ARs grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Pic of a pic of my first registered lab.
Got her when I was 14. Read all the dog training books of the day. With alot of luck and a smart, forgiving dog I had a great hunting partner.
She was outstanding....
She also got ALOT of hunting time.

Have Dog

Will Travel

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
All good looking dogs. Even Jet.

Here's my buddy Murphy. Gone but not forgotten.
[Linked Image]
He wasn't real sociable with strangers but he never met a sofa that he didn't like.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Now I hunt with Mischief the Wonder Dog and Dad's caregiver.
[Linked Image]

Leave the gun, take the canolis.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Here's a couple recent pics of Haily. We picked her up from the shelter not so long ago.

Going down the road with daddy,
[Linked Image]

Yesterday, cooling off in a mountain stream,
[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by shrapnel

True story, Jet actually killed a Doberman once. The Doberman choked on him...

Thank goodness Jet didn't suffer any damage after we extracted him from the Doberman's throat with a set of bar-b-que tongs...

[Linked Image]

Shrap, so glad to see Jet's surgery was a success.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 07/17/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Josie. Died 5 yrs ago. Boys are ready for another dog...

[Linked Image]

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We need some of these sorta' threads, and I'd thank the other old curmudgeon for starting this one,....

Lotta' the Boys, and a few Gals here, know Gracie.

She's a good natured dog, with a bit of a "Wild Streak", eats the wild rabbits here pretty near daily.

[Linked Image]

The Queensland Heeler, ... "Halls Heeler" in it's truest form is a pretty fine creature, and an example of just how FINELY a line of stock dogs can be bred for both savvy, and obedience.

She's been on this place in S.E. Az. since 5 weeks of age,....and has ALWAYS seen rabbits as a food source, and something to chase.

This evening I was far enough ahead to finally let her into the orchard / garden / berry patch to check out my new source of fresh manure, critical to an aereated compost tea / liquid plant food stunt we're playing with. She's been asking me for weeks, but the one time her and the other ( Rescue) dog got in, it was utter chaos. This evening I kicked back, opened a beer, and let her come in alone, and give her a chance to respond to quiet commands, coaching, and steering, while sitting back out of the way. Told to "Sit / Stay" She sat for a good 5 minutes, just watching, and waiting for the next heads up.

[Linked Image]

Gotta' say that for an OLDER dog ( she's 9 now) she really showed a lot of class, and demonstrated to me ( and now to you all) that good breeding is critical to a dog's mission, and that you're wasting time if you haven't brought em' up right.
I'm feeling pretty proud of her, right now.

[Linked Image]

There can be NO denying that her main thought was that these new arrivals were a legitimate food group,....I think this particular pic speaks VOLUMES of "Dog-ese" (Maybe the next pic even moreso. grin )

[Linked Image]

She was, nonetheless fairly easy to manage with verbal commands and coaching, though I admittedly tossed the odd pebble and bounced it off her when her attention lapsed. She was very responsive, and looks to be interested in spending more time around the hutches.

[Linked Image]

Wagged her tail a LOT

[Linked Image]

Let's hoist one in praise to well bred and obedient Old Dogs !

[img]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x59/sharpsrifle/DSC_0003_zpsff98ba87.jpg[/img]

....ya' did really well, Grace !

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 07/17/14.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Annie, my 3 yr old Rat/Fox Terrier mix.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice lookin dog and mountains too. What mountains are those?

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Crossfire:

Are those meat rabbits you're raising there? What is the plan? is it cost effective with bought feed?

Thanks,

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope,....nothing to do with "Meat", although I'm not above deep frying the extras.

In terms of "Bought Feed", it seems that it would be hard to BEAT Rabbit, in terms of efficiency and weight gain per gram of protien,....or so I'm told.

My MAIN requirement, and these long ears' tasking is that they provide the fresh bacteria and enzymes to kick aereated compost tea into the highest gear possible. Think of it as the "Yeast" that one needs to get decent bread or such. I'd prefer to be using Alpaca manure, they are THE tidiest defecators / urinators in the Animal Kingdom but that would be prohibitively expensive.

There's a batch of their manure and damp litter brewing as we speak,....the aerobic "Bloom" of nitrogen fixing bacteria being nourished / fed by the addition of some common feed grade mollasses.

Once a guy gets this right, outside of trace minerals and desirable enzymes, he may never have to buy "Fertilizer" again.

This whole stunt is in the start up phase,....but I'll tell you that I've never fed ANYTHING to a plant before that demonstrated such immediate and gratifying results. Initial tests have been done with Berry cultivars in individual "Growing Wells", e.g. Feed one / Skip one.

Neat stuff.

No flies on properly fried Rabbit, either.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Crossfire:

Are those meat rabbits you're raising there? What is the plan? is it cost effective with bought feed?

Thanks,

Jordan

...oh,...neglected to mention that 40-50 % of their feed is already produced here on site. A big fat retired breeding doe can STAY fat, and produce what I'm after on a Tuna Can of Pellets daily, supplemented by Blackberry Twigs ( Blackberries my targeted "Cash crop"), Apple Twigs , Almond Twigs, Pear Twigs,....all here already, and always needing pruning.

Lotsa' fine agua, so good Alfalfa's no biggie, either.

GTC

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
[Linked Image]

Chaos, Rowdie and Molly

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
great pics DD! Man I miss our JRT!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (338reddog, 19rabbit52, 338Rules, 5spd, 308xray, 2ndwind, 21 invisible), 1,589 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,717
Posts18,457,112
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.