-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not to take away from the easy money gravy train topic, but when you coming to the lone Prairie, Dude?

Have Dog

Will Travel

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never had a judge ask me, "GeoW, how's your kidneys today?" I guess you'll run your yap in the court room just like here?

Judge don't want to hear it... He's looking for jurors with a sound mind.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now when he finds out that you are an addict, that will be different.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by 79S
Oh word advice for the OP don't take your pistol into a federal courthouse.

What if an old sign in a gun-store says it's okay?

What is this about?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._OOPS_A_gun_shop_showed_me_a#Post8777421

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by safariman
In the past, when called for local jury duty I always showed up and was ready to be among the 12. Civic duty and responsability to our fellow citizens and our due proccess system requires it of those who can serve, to serve IMO.

'cept when it's deer season...

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Now I remember.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender
I am actually looking forward to serving, if the case goes on to trial.

You got called for Petit jury and not Grand jury?

I don't know that much yet, just got the summons to serve.

The notice does not indicate which type of jury you are being called for?

IME, they have different frequencies of convening and duration.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

This is probably true. Hard to stay awake and alert for very long. But, I am going to offer and serve if they want me too and I can...

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Mark has a very difficult habit to break of trying to put too many things into one day, or not being realistic about his physical limitations.

Suddenly, from somewhere up in the spirit world the ghost of an arse-shot bruin roars, 'YA THINK?'

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by wageslave

Not to take away from the easy money gravy train topic, but when you coming to the lone Prairie, Dude?

Help a brother out, please. Lone Prairie? No comprendo, senor.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cottonwood or Craigmont, I believe you had some connection there?
I could be wrong.

Have Dog

Will Travel

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

This is too easy.

Talk about a target rich environment.

It's like a really slow day in the duck marsh. No wind, nothing really flying and the blocks are looking lifeless. Then, all of a sudden here comes a dumb drake mallard swimming into the spread. You and your buddy look at each other, shrug shoulders and buck up to see who gets to take the shot as the bird jumps up when you both stand up and surprise the bird into flight.

But much to your dismay and disgust, the damned stupid bird, rather than launching skyward in terror as nature meant for him to, just cranes his neck, widens his eyes a bit maybe, and spins 180 degrees and starts swimming away instead. Little bastard doesn't take to wing despite getting shouted at, but just keeps on swimming. Almost out of range now, and not looking even much afraid any more, he shocks both duckmen and actually begins to offer up a couple of his weak vocalizations.

Your partner can't take it anymore, and sends an ounce and a quarter load of #2 steel moving out of the muzzle at 1550 and puts a stop to the show. Both share a look -- one feigned sheepish and one feigned of disappointment and scorn-- then a shrug and finally a pair of grins. They then start wrapping it up.

They each sleep that night, hoping that tomorrow's weather will bring the birds in hot, zigging and zagging and rapidly dropping both altitude and speed...

In other words, no guilt required. Sometimes, not often but every now and then, you just feel like you need to smack a meatball over the fence. Ain't no puzzle.

wink

Well said. And I'm not even a duck hunter. grin

Impossibly slow moving shift, with time just crawling along practically in tectonic speed. Hoping some fruit will be borne from long-term surveillance and working on the word on the block and from CIs. Shift almost over, and it's about time, but damn, that one pinch will do a lot of good for the community. Not to mention that it'd be a rewarding conclusion to a prolonged investigation with a slippery scumbag.

En route to the barn and then home, a little disappointed and annoyed, on the last leg, all of a sudden, here's some drunken POS in a wife beater and SS ink whaling away on some broad. Well shyt, FIRST THING YA KNOW OLE JED'S A MILLIONAIRE!

wink

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Suddenly, from somewhere up in the spirit world the ghost of an arse-shot bruin roars, 'YA THINK?'

You just made me spit saki.

Fuggin' dyin'...

GFooKY.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You just can't make chit like this up. Not even on that fake news site with the cop killing a baby.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

and the imaginary judge is crazy....... crazy

Have Dog

Will Travel

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I could be wrong.

Ah, got it, and no sir, you're correct. Not sure about getting north to CW though. As an aside, does a place called Keuterville (sp?) ring a bell by any chance? Nice folks there, and in the bar there the gizzards n' tots are good. Cheap drinks, too. wink

I do have plans to head to the Boise area to spend time with a good buddy and his gal before setting out to thump ducks; prolly' some time between late fall and the season close. I like my birds fully plumed, given the choice. smile

You a duck man?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Might be quite the drag, but if it was ME with my life or livlihood and citizens rights on the line, I would want persons like me to step up and serve, so I will if called to.

So long as the court hearing times do not overlap deer season in mid October, I am down with it.

Ironyman.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Mark has a very difficult habit to break of trying to put too many things into one day, or not being realistic about his physical limitations.

laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could be wrong.

Ah, got it, and no sir, you're correct. Not sure about getting north to CW though. As an aside, does a place called Keuterville (sp?) ring a bell by any chance? Nice folks there, and in the bar there the gizzards n' tots are good. Cheap drinks, too. wink

I do have plans to head to the Boise area to spend time with a good buddy and his gal before setting out to thump ducks; prolly' some time between late fall and the season close. I like my birds fully plumed, given the choice. smile

You a duck man?

[Linked Image]

Yeah, It's mostly jump shooting creeks or ponds around here.
I've deeked a fair amount on the big rivers, but we aren't in a flyway, really.
Field shooting of geese can be great, but it's a large year round population.
Old lab can't hunt anymore either so steelhead or hunting big game have been on the plate more.
If you make it to CW sometime and have time give holler.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
IF you two want to meet me and see for yourselves what kind of man I really am VS this internet bashing, I will come along and bring my big choclate Lab and no gun or license. Just be the dog handler and assistant caller for as long as I can stand to do and be that. I have some good calls, layout blinds, duck and goose dekes etc. that I have not been able to use for a year or two.

If I have to leave the field early (Likely) Goober the birdbrain dog will retrieve geese and ducks for you without my being there once he has been around you a bit with me present. He is in his prime at 6 years old. Who would have known that I would turn up crippled up before he did crazy

Sincere offer.

Kamo Gari, if you do not want to fly with a gun, I will adjust my offer and bring my pride and joy waterfowling gun for your use. It is a just freshly cerrakoted Benelli Super Black Eagle. It has been upgraded with an extended forcing cone/throat, limbsaver recoil pad, recoil reducer tube installed, and a titanium instant twist type slimline choke. I also have a large stock of Heavy Shot goose loads I can bring out. I cannot bear the pain of firing them or that gun lately. I bought some good stuff when I was still able to work, and I would like to see it and the dog especially get some use.

Last edited by safariman; 08/09/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (10gaugemag, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 7 invisible), 1,602 guests, and 739 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,557
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.