-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Brother was cleaning out a house for a lady and found a Turkish made Charles Daly auto and wants to give the lady some idea of its value. Know someone here will be able to ballpark it for him. It is composite stocked, 12 gauge, 3 inch and has KBI-HBG-PA on it. Don't know anything else. Your help is most appreciated.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
decent guns. sold by stores like Dicks, Gander, etc for 350-ish new within the past 10 years. i'd say its a $250 gun in decent shape.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
dead on.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Agreed. The last 2-3 years Turkish shotguns have improved dramatically.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I will respectfully disagree. Its worth far less to someone wanting a reliable gun. I have 3 friends that had the same gun and know a few other guys that had it and they were notorious for broke fireing pins and bad carriers that caused poor feeding. The 20 ga. in the same model run flawlessly. You can't get anyone to work on them and the company that imported them went bankrupt. I doubt you could get 200 bucks on a trade in. My youngest boy has has a 20 ga. youth model that has been perfect. My friends that had the twelves traded them long ago out of sheer aggravation.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by seal_billy
I will respectfully disagree. Its worth far less to someone wanting a reliable gun. I have 3 friends that had the same gun and know a few other guys that had it and they were notorious for broke fireing pins and bad carriers that caused poor feeding. The 20 ga. in the same model run flawlessly. You can't get anyone to work on them and the company that imported them went bankrupt. I doubt you could get 200 bucks on a trade in. My youngest boy has has a 20 ga. youth model that has been perfect. My friends that had the twelves traded them long ago out of sheer aggravation.

In other words, you will offer to take it for 50 bucks. wink

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks guys. Will pass it along.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Partsman

In other words, you will offer to take it for 50 bucks. wink

Laugh'n,,, $hit no. You couldn't melt one of those things down and pour it on me! I saw my buddy luke so mad he wanted to throw it in the river after it had been worked on twice.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The Charles Daly semis from Turkey were decent guns with one serious flaw. The locking block was pot metal and was prone to breakage. The KBI folks demanded the guns at a certain price point, so Akkar cheapened the locking block to meet the price point. Charles Daly would replace them under warranty until they shut down.

A friend of mine bought one used for his son. It broke within three boxes of shells and sat in the closet for three years while we looked for parts. Samco Global brought a new and improved Akkar into the states, but the guns had no name recognition. Now Samco has bought the Charles Daly brand and is selling the guns at a higher price than KBI did, but the parts that broke are now forged steel and look likely to hold up. I just fitted a new locking block into the gun and it is shooting reliably. The locking block cost about $15, so it was worth fixing.

I would say that a KBI Charles Daly semi would be worth $150-$200 depending on condition and knowing that the parts that were likely to break are now available for a reasonable price.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a used 3.5 inch 12 gauge for $150 from a dealer if that helps.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I will respectfully disagree. Its worth far less to someone wanting a reliable gun. I have 3 friends that had the same gun and know a few other guys that had it and they were notorious for broke fireing pins and bad carriers that caused poor feeding. The 20 ga. in the same model run flawlessly. You can't get anyone to work on them and the company that imported them went bankrupt. I doubt you could get 200 bucks on a trade in.
Spot on..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought one from a friend for $200 bucks, barely used.

I've shot the heck out of it at doves and ducks, as fast as I can get the shells in it, bam, bam, bam....

Shot a couple of 2oz turkey loads thru it(NEVER again) and haven't broken anything yet.

Honestly, I bought it to be a truck gun and get abused. If it quit right now, I've gotten my money's worth out of it...

Guess I might be one of the lucky ones...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

379 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 160user, 1lesfox, 163bc, 12344mag, 38 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,493
Posts18,452,340
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.