Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
I have one of the bc medalists and don't care for it, the wrist area is very thick and club like. I am now saving up for a McM.

BP-B6

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have tried B&C stocks and was not impressed. The inletting was not even close and I returned both that I have purchased. I haven't tried a B&C Medalist so I will not pass judgement on it.

I currently have two Remington Model 7's and both are stocked with HS Precision. With one in 338 Federal, I don't really want it any lighter. The other will be a 260 Rem shortly and it could stand to loose a pound, but I like the HS stock enough that I won't change it.

[Linked Image]

Harry
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Mathsr
I have tried B&C stocks and was not impressed. The inletting was not even close and I returned both that I have purchased. I haven't tried a B&C Medalist so I will not pass judgement on it.

I currently have two Remington Model 7's and both are stocked with HS Precision. With one in 338 Federal, I don't really want it any lighter. The other will be a 260 Rem shortly and it could stand to loose a pound, but I like the HS stock enough that I won't change it.

[Linked Image]

I like that paint job. Colors?

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
H-S has a new lightweight that feels very similar in weight to my Edge. I believe it's the 105 and has half a bedding block. It's also thinner in the wrist and forend than my Edge. The one I have came on the new HS SPL rifle. The 105 stock has been around for a few years now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is three different shades of green. The colors came in rattle cans from Lowes. I don't still have the cans or I would get the numbers off them for you. About this time of year Lowes usually gets in a bunch of flat camo type colors and I just picked up three different greens and some blue tape...

Harry
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Mathsr
It is three different shades of green. The colors came in rattle cans from Lowes. I don't still have the cans or I would get the numbers off them for you. About this time of year Lowes usually gets in a bunch of flat camo type colors and I just picked up three different greens and some blue tape...

That has got to be one of the best looking camo jobs I have ever seen.

I painted the front door of my cabin, (steel door) with Krylon Fusion. It held up way beyond all my expectations for a rattle can job.

Hey! Thanks for posting! Real nice rifle.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
McMillan or nothing for me!

Both Model Seven McMillan's I ordered have been perfect!

If I had to choose I'd try a Bell & Carlson.

Last edited by Dixie_Rebel; 09/20/14.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
464 members (160user, 1Longbow, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 48 invisible), 2,025 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.