Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're intellectually dishonest.

A guy going around shooting people and a ccw stops him. You're a lying fool if you maintain that the campfire would not call the ccw a hero.

Hell,the bad guy doesn't even need to shoot anybody for that to happen. Remember this?

[video:youtube]wWoLGC-n4i4[/video]

Hero.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Without watching the video, I'm gonna guess the guy was white. Am I right?

Weird, usually people here don't care when black people get shot.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
lol

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The air rifle shooter knew how his day was going to end well before he walked into Wal-Mart.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
You really want to put your credibility behind this whacky position?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
The air rifle shooter knew how his day was going to end well before he walked into Wal-Mart.

Yeah, pretty much how I saw it too. He got the results he was looking for.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
You really want to put your credibility behind this whacky position?

True, I should have left out the word "intellectually"...

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wink

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Guy found a play gun out of the box in Walmart and was walking around the store playing with it like an idiot. Cops got called, saw him holding what looked like a gun and shot him before he had a chance to do anything.

Lots of things could have gone better in hindsight.

The problem I have is that as long as a cop can shoot anyone that he feels to be a threat with no repercussions, all we will ever have in these events is hindsight. Repercussions would cause more foresight.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Guy found a play gun out of the box in Walmart and was walking around the store playing with it like an idiot. Cops got called, saw him holding what looked like a gun and shot him before he had a chance to do anything.

Lots of things could have gone better in hindsight.

The problem I have is that as long as a cop can shoot anyone that he feels to be a threat with no repercussions, all we will ever have in these events is hindsight. Repercussions would cause more foresight.
Nailed it.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holy crap! Not only was there no effort made to get him to drop the toy, he didn't even know anyone was concerned about him till he was already fatally shot.

Man, when I was a kid, toy stores had whole wall sections full of realistic toy guns of every description (Remember Mattel's M-16?), many of them loose, and it was the norm for kids of all ages to grab one and fool around with it in the isles of the store.

The cops who did this need to be arrested for murdering this man. Equally to blame, however, is the police culture that's been encouraged by the establishment, i.e., that citizens are entirely expendable, and no consideration for the rights of the citizen need concern them as they seek, to the maximum possible degree, to minimize danger to themselves while carrying out their assigned duties.

It's a mindset appropriate to an active field of battle in a war zone, but completely out of place for a civilian police force operating within the borders of their own nation.

From a quick look I tend to agree. But the kid acted strangely in walking around the store whirling the thing around. It showed a lack of real world awareness to me. Adult right, or close?

But anyone who is familiar with firearms, and certainly police, and what looked like a SWAT team, should be able to ID and differentiate a firearm from an air rifle in a couple of seconds. Shoot first; determine facts later?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Grand Jury has already given a pass to the officer.

But Holder and the DOJ are opening an investigation.
Jurors are, for the most part, intimidated when it comes to taking actions against police officers, apart from the most blatant sort of open criminality. The police operate much like a criminal gang in terms of how they stick together against anyone who they perceive as being against any of their kind. If you're a "lowly" civilian, considering the awesome power wielded by cops these days, the last thing you want is for them to think of you as "that guy who put one of our guys in prison."

^^ An important point. ^^

Another is that this intimidation and oppression is not by accident, and its broader 'usefulness' has not been overlooked.
[Linked Image]

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by KFWA
not to mention do you kill a man on the word of a 911 caller

Yea, those guys playing video games in Littleton should of been shot as well, because the 911 caller said they were actively shooting people...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Best not to shoot anyone you feel is a threat.

Take a bullet first, then return fire.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
the problem is when the cops see everyone as a threat

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
another thing - 1 call to 911

in a wal-mart with a man brandishing an assault rifle.

and we're watching the loss prevention tape from security

meaning that most likely not only would a bunch of people be calling 911 if something was happening but wal-mart's anti-theft folks would be calling as well

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Personally, it looked like cold blooded murder to me.

I'd charge the officer with second degree murder, and his supervisor as an accessory for failure to properly train and supervise.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/25/14.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL, an accessory to murder.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The officer was cleared by his own department as he should have been, then lo and behold the feds come along and get involved. That is the only reason state/city/county cops have a bad word to say about the feds. They support them in their common war against civilians, but it just isn't fair when they come in and 2nd guess them when officers kill in this case or commit rape.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
LOL, an accessory to murder.

In the Financial Services, if a broker gets busted, he supervisor can expect to loose his license as well.

If you are a police supervisor/Manger, and your officer(s) kill someone due to inadequate or improper training, they should be held criminally responsible for the death. Large payouts of tax payer money doesn't seem to catch their attention, but take an incident such as this, put the officer, SGT, and Lieutenant behind bars, the later two for their failure to train and supervise, and police would start viewing these incidents in a different light, and training to a more balanced approach to risk management.

Perhaps you are right that accessory to murder is not the correct charge. A reckless action that causes the death of person is perhaps better captured by a charge of Man Slaughter.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/25/14.

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 19 invisible), 1,353 guests, and 861 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,223
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.