Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I went out to the ranch to pick up a few pieces of lumber that I needed for a little project. Upon leaving the gate on the county road I encountered a Border Patrol vehicle parked on our side of the road with no Border Patrol agents in it. I stopped and waited outside my truck until they came out of the brush on our side of the road. They asked if I had seen anything unusual. I replied, "Only you guys". They were somewhat amused. They showed me a pretty fair sized camp site about 50 yards off the road that looked like one of those places out in Arizona where hundreds of illegals cross the border. Well, we don't have to go to Arizona to see that any more. We have our own. There were hundreds of plastic water bottles, some of which still had water in them and were not more than a week in the sun, and every other imaginable kind of trash and refuse laying around. They also showed me another campsite on the opposite side of the road right next to our gate.

In the 34 years that I have been regularly frequenting that ranch I have seen exactly "0" wetbacks. There were most certainly more than that there recently. The BP said they picked up 25 right there two months ago. They now have my name and number and will call me in the event of any further activity. I also gave them the combination to the gate and told them that they could go in any time they needed to. I told them that it would be a real good idea to call me if they were going in particularly during hunting season. I told them that I would disseminate this information because any of our family that were in the ranch would likely be very well armed.

We discussed the campsite area that the illegals were using and decided to leave it untouched and not clean it up so that they may continue to use it and maybe they can catch some more. As soon as they start catching them there they will move to another spot. I feel like they will stop using it quicker and more permanently if they know the BP goes there to catch illegals than if they simply know that the landowner cleans up after them.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck with that. Seems like you have a good plan

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kind of like feral hogs, only you can legally shoot the hogs (grin).

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
obummer's gonna give about 10 million of them amnesty. just watch. He's like Hitler, He's said all along what he's gonna do, and nobody believes him.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Try 30, squeshy....

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Alan_R_McDaniel_Jr
I went out to the ranch to pick up a few pieces of lumber that I needed for a little project. Upon leaving the gate on the county road I encountered a Border Patrol vehicle parked on our side of the road with no Border Patrol agents in it. I stopped and waited outside my truck until they came out of the brush on our side of the road. They asked if I had seen anything unusual. I replied, "Only you guys". They were somewhat amused. They showed me a pretty fair sized camp site about 50 yards off the road that looked like one of those places out in Arizona where hundreds of illegals cross the border. Well, we don't have to go to Arizona to see that any more. We have our own. There were hundreds of plastic water bottles, some of which still had water in them and were not more than a week in the sun, and every other imaginable kind of trash and refuse laying around. They also showed me another campsite on the opposite side of the road right next to our gate.

In the 34 years that I have been regularly frequenting that ranch I have seen exactly "0" wetbacks. There were most certainly more than that there recently. The BP said they picked up 25 right there two months ago. They now have my name and number and will call me in the event of any further activity. I also gave them the combination to the gate and told them that they could go in any time they needed to. I told them that it would be a real good idea to call me if they were going in particularly during hunting season. I told them that I would disseminate this information because any of our family that were in the ranch would likely be very well armed.

We discussed the campsite area that the illegals were using and decided to leave it untouched and not clean it up so that they may continue to use it and maybe they can catch some more. As soon as they start catching them there they will move to another spot. I feel like they will stop using it quicker and more permanently if they know the BP goes there to catch illegals than if they simply know that the landowner cleans up after them.

Alan

Don't get your hopes up to high,...you're putting faith in a (currently) FAILED organization.

Be aware that, if there were more than one of the "they" that you spoke with, the other one has already advised the Coyotes and their handlers of the plan you discussed with the honest one.

There's but a very SLIM vestige left of what was once a fine agency.

Subscribe to NAFBPO's newsletter, talk to Zack Taylor, and keep up the good fight.

No flame here,...just the voice of EXPERIENCE.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
ONE is too many. Bunch of disrespectful line-jumpers, should be shot. Millions more people WAIT IN LINE to legally immigrate here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pira114
Good luck with that. Seems like you have a good plan

Can't agree,....

WTF should McDaniels be putting his azz on the line when the "Agents" he's talking to are PAID to be placing their's in that somewhat RISKY spot ?

Everybody just stop and think for one moment where placing their faith in the USCBP got the Rob Krentz family.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gettin' too crowded around here.

I have already been broken into once and had stuff stolen while I was sleeping in the next room. Good thing they didn't wake me.

3 of 'em. Myself and border patrol tracked them down. Wasn't too hard...all we had to do is follow the Dr. Pepper cans.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by squesh
ONE is too many. Bunch of disrespectful line-jumpers, should be shot. Millions more people WAIT IN LINE to legally immigrate here.

Yo, head between a loading dock and a trailer newby who can't call out his area of residence, If I need, or want any chit outta' YOU, I'll squeeze your head.

That said,....get on down here and get to shooting, it would be interesting to watch ( for a BRIEF lifespan).

GTC

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, the fact is that they've been there for a while and I just found out about it yesterday. That kinda set me back. I'm in and outa there fairly regular. We've had two instances of gate crashers but they were being chased by the police.

The very last thing I want is to have an illegal get capped on the place. I can see some huge liability looming over that one. The BP has to do their job. The fact that they already busted 25 two months ago and there were new water bottle on the ground yesterday tells me that they don't give a hoot about my plan or anyone else's. Trouble is that even if they stop using that place there's 10 miles or so of county road right there that has thick brush all along it. They'll just go a mile or so up or down the road and set up again. These little camp sites are the places where one ride ends and the next begins. The coyotes can easily get 25 people in a van. The one by the gate concerns me more than the one that is actually on our place. I can see one of the ballsier ones deciding that he'd just as soon drive to Houston in a F150 than ride with 20 or so of his buddies. If they ever got the drop on me they'd be in possession of some grade "A" weaponry. Not a good thing.

Gone are the days of leaving an unlocked truck or house in rural Texas.

Hoping that the BP will run them off is really my best option. If I go out there and start picking up trash that's all that's going to happen. I'd might as well put out some barrels for the trash, some picnic tables and set up a little store to sell chips and sodas.

I know that there are some crooked BP agents. There are a lot of them that just do their jobs and a few that do their jobs well. The two that I talked to yesterday gave me the impression that they were somewhere in the upper 25%. At the very least they were out of their truck and out in the brush.

Even at best though their job is impossible. As long as it's defacto legal to be illegal they're just pissing into the wind.

Alan

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You know that water bottles left with a surprise inside like ex-lax might leave a better trail to follow!

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As long as it's defacto legal to be illegal they're just pissing into the wind.

.....really could not have said THAT better if I tried.

once you've got "lay-ups", you're in the very thick of this ongoing debacle.

Weather this storm,...it WILL blow over.

GTC

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
On my way home tonight on 183 coming out of austin there where 2 crossing ahead of traffic. Not only do you have to watch out for deer thess days.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i could say, join the club. They are like cockroaches. And The B.P. have an impossible job.
I was out west of phx yesterday, just a few miles from I10. Sighting in a few rifles.
I had my wife with me, and told her to make sure where the glock was next to us, and never never leave the truck unattended while checking targets.
She was kind of looking at me as to why, and I explained the activity in the area, and the fact there was a couple thousand dollars in firearms sitting on the tailgate. Not something you want to be surprised with 100yards from the truck. Given the stuff i have seen in the area.
As to those stash spots, often you can smell them before you see them, human caca in quanity really reeks.
There is a place by Lake pleasant, north of phx which is dead central in the state, they have probably taken 25tons of crap out of. Convenient to roads for illegals, and good water supply.
they cause a lot of damage, cattle losses, fence damage, fires, you name it. I had one take up residence and trash my travel trailer a few years ago. I mentioned to the investigating cop if i catch one in there again i was of a mind to turn the dogs loose on him. Cop said you better not, or you would get sued if the illegal got hurt.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 10/22/14.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Just curious, but does anyone ever hear rumor of residents doing a S, S, Shut up? I am not insinuating anyone here does or is, just asking. I never hear of it, which could speak to the shut up part.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Back in the old days it used to happen. Now, not so much.

Usually the stories from back then were of raids on rural ranch houses or assaults with intent to rob or kill.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wouldn`t have this problem if they put the hammer Thor down on businesses that hire them.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SCRUBS
Wouldn`t have this problem if they put the hammer Thor down on businesses that hire them.....

Somewhat, that would help.

The later waves are coming for the benefits and entitlements, and not to work. A big portion are coming because of the unlimited supply of victims that have something worth stealing.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Just curious, but does anyone ever hear rumor of residents doing a S, S, Shut up? I am not insinuating anyone here does or is, just asking. I never hear of it, which could speak to the shut up part.

The whole concept of SSS is the last S. But, There are just not that many people, landowners and others who are that eager to take a human life. Besides most people I know are too lazy to do the second S. But most of all having dead people on the place is something that I really want to do without.

What I can't imagine is being one of those illegals being shipped around like cattle from one set of pens to another. Last I heard the going rate was around $3G for a trip to Houston. You could hire a stretch limo in Laredo and party all the way to Houston for less than that. Trouble is that there's not enough Limos in the United States to keep up with the demand.

On my drive out there I get to drive by a spot on the highway where there are 15 crosses all in a row. It is a testimony to our immigration policies. WE say it's illegal to enter the US without the proper documentation, but WE don't really do much to prevent it. Then, WE, take exception to violations of our laws and for the sake of whatever adrenaline rush the cops get out of it chase the rolling sardine cans until the driver crashes and bails. The sardines pay the price, our county coffers take the hit on the dead people, the coyotes howl at the moon and our politicians wring their hands and shed crocodile tears.

Alan

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 63 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,652
Posts18,455,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.