Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
L
Really enjoying this thread .....
Makes me think of the late and great 'Slim Pickins' ...

I have and use a WEAVER K2.5 60, El Paso Tex. USA Pat'D
Blued steel, and plain cross hairs.

It's on a Cooey M60 with Weaver rings and base.

Any additional info concerning the age of this fine scope would be appreciated .....

Last edited by lucille92; 10/27/14. Reason: spelling
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bcp
The only lower grade Weaver scopes were those marked "Marksman," I believe.

There were lots of variations within a K-number, usually marked after the power, K4 60B, K4 C-3, etc. Different markings indicate an improvement of some sort, which then makes the older one "lower quality."

I think they were all made in El Paso, but maybe they had export in mind when the ones marked USA were made.

There was an aluminum body Weaver scope made in El Paso for a few years, called the Classic. It was a higher grade scope than the steel ones. It is not the same as the modern Weaver Classic series.

Bruce

The old aluminum Weaver Classics are excellent scopes and I would select one over an old steel Weaver any day. I owned a used 400 (4x) and wished I had bought a used 300 (3x) when I had the chance. Their lenses were excellent. The regular steel Weavers that I have owned were still rugged but my aging eyes are not helped much by the aging glass in those old Weavers.

I also think that the new Weaver Classics are a solid scope and a fantastic value for the money. I put a new K6 on a rifle last year and have been impressed with it for the money. My only complaint with the new Weavers is the finish. Just don't care for it.

Dan

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Dantheman
Originally Posted by bcp
The only lower grade Weaver scopes were those marked "Marksman," I believe.

There were lots of variations within a K-number, usually marked after the power, K4 60B, K4 C-3, etc. Different markings indicate an improvement of some sort, which then makes the older one "lower quality."

I think they were all made in El Paso, but maybe they had export in mind when the ones marked USA were made.

There was an aluminum body Weaver scope made in El Paso for a few years, called the Classic. It was a higher grade scope than the steel ones. It is not the same as the modern Weaver Classic series.

Bruce

The old aluminum Weaver Classics are excellent scopes and I would select one over an old steel Weaver any day. I owned a used 400 (4x) and wished I had bought a used 300 (3x) when I had the chance. Their lenses were excellent. The regular steel Weavers that I have owned were still rugged but my aging eyes are not helped much by the aging glass in those old Weavers.

I also think that the new Weaver Classics are a solid scope and a fantastic value for the money. I put a new K6 on a rifle last year and have been impressed with it for the money. My only complaint with the new Weavers is the finish. Just don't care for it.

Dan

Yeah.........they discontinued all gloss options. My biggest complaint is they went to a 38mm objective on the k4. Wish they'd kept it @ 32mm

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,874 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,488
Posts18,452,058
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.