Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Kaci seems to think that she knows more about Ebola than who/whatever came up with the 21 day thing.

Myself, I don't know. But she damn well better be right if she is going to carry on like that.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the nurse should not be allowed to state the terms of her treatment.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford
Good thing ol" Walt wasn't trying to sell[sale,sail,cell] anything.
you'd get banned for making fun of 'tards back over "there". Walt would be held in high esteem on that site, those special types are. laugh

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
News flash! I just posted a link here that the CDC now admits Ebola can be transmitted in aerosol form. This arrogant beech belongs to "doctors without borders" which implies the US should suffer a little too.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/29/cdc-admits-droplets-from-a-sneeze-could-spread-ebola/

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Raeford
Good thing ol" Walt wasn't trying to sell[sale,sail,cell] anything.

Uhhhhhhhhhh, yeah ! crazy

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
"Doctors without borders" could possibly mean "Ebola without borders".

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hope every Hospital she should apply for employment with will flag her application to File 13

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Maine Nurse Defies Ebola Quarantine, Goes For Bike Ride With Boyfriend

Generally, states have broad authority when it comes to such matters. But Maine health officials could have a tough time convincing a judge that Hickox poses a threat, said attorney Jackie L. Caynon III, who specializes in health law in Worcester, Massachusetts.

"If somebody isn't showing signs of the infection, then it's kind of hard to say someone should be under mandatory quarantine," he said.

Ebola, which is spread through direct contact with the bodily fluids of an infected person, has killed thousands of people in Africa, but only four people have been diagnosed with it in the United States. People can't be infected just by being near someone who's sick, and people aren't contagious unless they're sick, health officials say.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jimy
How much do these twits with out boarders get paid ?
This women is far to self centered to be doing anything that she is not profiting from in a huge way.

They do it because it looks good on their resumes. I'm sure that doesn't apply to all of them but you can clearly see it applies to both her and the NY doctor.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Some good citizen with a terminal disease should go put a round through her skull and be done with her

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I knew that being a Democrat is a mental illness but I never knew just how bad that illness has become.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MILES58
Further, unless you're just being an ignorant fool about Ebola, there are worse diseases which we do not quarantine even symptomatic people.

Like what? What other contagious disease, with a 50-70 % mortality rate, are we currently facing?

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Its obvious she is a narcissist-they are entitled and so much smarter and more important than anyone else. Her 'boyfriend' better run like the wind from this
narc who has a non fatal terminal disorder and could be carrying ebola too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This quarantine thing is NOT being implemented in reasonable manner.

You do not have to quarantine people in a full blown contagious disease medical facilty if they're asymptomatic.

The only thing that's required is that they do not come in contact with anyone that comes in contact with anyone else.

You could have them sit out the 21 days in a friggin' resort. No one in, no one out, no contact with other people ... for 21 days. I can think many creative ways that would in essence offer returning healthcare workers a 21 day vacation when they return to the US and absolutely restrict their contact with anyone. A deluxe RV on private land, a cabin on remote private beach, a houseboat on a private lake, ... Camp David.

You don't have to treat healthcare workers who have a risk of contracting the disease like a patient if they're not sick. If they develop symptoms only then they need to be quarantined in a medical facility.

The virus can only live for so many days outside the body so you wouldn't run the risk of someone becoming infected after they leave wherever they stay. Just quarantine the facility for 30 days or 60 days (whatever is appropriate) after they're gone. No one goes in until the virus is dead and gone.

Another thing is send them back in groups so they're not in solitary confinement.

Last edited by fish head; 10/30/14.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by fish head
This quarantine thing is NOT being implemented in reasonable manner.

You do not have to quarantine people in a full blown contagious disease medical facilty if they're asymptomatic.

The only thing that's required is that they do not come in contact with anyone that comes in contact with anyone else.

You could have them sit out the 21 days in a friggin' resort. No one in, no one out, no contact with other people ... for 21 days. I can think many creative ways that would in essence offer returning healthcare workers a 21 day vacation when they return to the US and absolutely restrict their contact with anyone. A deluxe RV on private land, a cabin on remote private beach, a houseboat on a private lake, ... Camp David.

You don't have to treat healthcare workers who have a risk of contracting the disease like a patient if they're not sick. If they develop symptoms only then they need to be quarantined in a medical facility.

The virus can only live for so many days outside the body so you wouldn't run the risk of someone becoming infected after they leave wherever they stay. Just quarantine the facility for 30 days or 60 days (whatever is appropriate) after they're gone. No one goes in until the virus is dead and gone.

Another thing is send them back in groups so they're not in solitary confinement.

Seems easy enough. We could even celebrate their sacrificial heroism while they are on quarantine vacation, if that would make them feel better about themselves.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eh76

Tell her she's a hero, validate her feelings then lock her arrogant azz up.

abusus non tollit usum
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Basically it comes down to this... The government must show cause to deprive her of her liberties. Just like anyone else. Due process is required unless it is very extreme circumstances.

The government cannot grab up anyone without cause and lock them down. It's just that simple. What expecting to be able to lock her down without symptoms is like is locking me down because I think it might be time to choke the life out of fear mongering idiots and improve the quality of discourse in this country.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Ebola is coming to our shores, I can't think of better places than NY and NJ for it to start.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MILES58
Basically it comes down to this... The government must show cause to deprive her of her liberties. Just like anyone else. Due process is required unless it is very extreme circumstances.

The government cannot grab up anyone without cause and lock them down. It's just that simple. What expecting to be able to lock her down without symptoms is like is locking me down because I think it might be time to choke the life out of fear mongering idiots and improve the quality of discourse in this country.

The possibility of bringing a incurable contagion with a 50%+ mortality rate to our country is enough cause to lock her ass up for 21 days. I'm all for civil liberties, but not when you might kil of 1/2 the country in the process (unless it's the 1/2 who voted for Obama, screw them ) laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

95 members (338rcm, 35, 7x57Hunter, AGL4now, 160user, 41rem, 12 invisible), 972 guests, and 742 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,504
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.