Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,444 of 1,842 1 2 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1841 1842
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Man talk about putting the hex on yourself I think you just assured a gut shot in you near future goalie.
Bill

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am only superstitious at work when there's a full-moon.

Plus, if I don't have the shot, I don't take the shot. And a "long" shot where I hunt is 75-100 yards......

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I shot a tree with Northern Dave looking on at about 25 yards. It was a good shot though, I drilled it dead center!

I have gut shot a deer, but we found it after quite the search. It was my first WI buck. I liver punched him and he went about 300-400 yards.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man, 400 yards is forever in the woods if you don't have a blood trail.

My buddy made the luckiest shot I have ever personally seen this year. He hit a tree AND hit the deer. We took a picture of the tree he about cut down with his 30-30 en-route to killing the deer:

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by goalie

I've heard from several in the medical field that the ER becomes bat chit crazy during the full moon.

Do you have a theory on that? Or better yet do you have any good stories to tell? smile

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by goalie

I've heard from several in the medical field that the ER becomes bat chit crazy during the full moon.

Do you have a theory on that? Or better yet do you have any good stories to tell? smile

Oh, I could do a 5-minute stand-up routine on the people that come into the ER. Abbott is in the Phillips neighborhood. We have some "interesting" clientele.

As for the full-moon, it's a chicken and egg thing to me. I know that our volume is higher when the moon is full, but I don't know whether there is a cause-and-effect relationship, or if the crazy people just go "SWEET FULL MOON LET'S GO BAT-CHIT CRAZY TONIGHT!!!!"

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well tonight I took one of my 6 year old boys out deer hunting. We saw 3 bucks and I could have shot a 6 or a pretty nice 8. But I was hoping the 10 pointer that was 340 yards away was going to saunter over. He didn't. But he is a pretty nice one. Dad had him at 250 yards on Tuesday night. That guy is living a lucky life. If we were in the rifle zone.....sure is fun though.

Goalie, my brother was a long ways away and don't get a shot either. Lauren's is the only deer on the meat pol.....errr Meat tractor!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Just think if you could use a rifle. grin

At least you're seeing deer. I'd be happy with that at this point.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Very very happy with the season. I could have shot 7 bucks so far! And of course the highlight is Lauren's first deer. That is tied for my best hunting moment ever!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thompson Contender. Just say'n....

wink

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Just think if you could use a rifle. grin

At least you're seeing deer. I'd be happy with that at this point.

You were not seeing any up there Tom? I am almost feeling guilty about how many deer I've seen hunting over the last 6-7 years. I am also worried my little-guy will be coming of hunting age when the pendulum swings waaaaaay over to the other side.

Right now my issue is that I was supposed to bone out 11 quarters today (My friend's daughter DESTROYED one with a .223 TSX shot) and I didn't get any done due to stupid Ebola training at work. Sausage making will be bumped to Sunday, as Saturday will be cutting and grinding.

First world problems.....

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
14" of snow in the woods here at camp. Buddy texted me from his camp and he has 43"!!!!

3am and my brother is rattling the friggin rafters. No sleep yet. I think I might plug his nose. If he lives, well, bully for him. I need some shut-eye.

Opener is Sat. Not a lot of sign, but we'll see. High hopes. smile

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Charlie, I'm guessing you're in the UP. Only 3-4" of snow around here, which is just about right, IMHO.

I'm getting a bit antsy for tomorrow morning. Just gotta make it through 7 more hours on the clock. Should go quickly because I've got a mountain of stuff to take care of due to having next week off.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Zero deer sightings for me, not as much as a blind, 3 legged fawn.

The boys and I are back at it again. We had -2 degrees at the cabin this morning. I'm sitting with joey in Pam's stand this morning because he didn't want to hang out back at the cabin by himself. There is a lot if movement this morning, more than I've ever heard before.

It makes it difficult to tell if anything is going on outside of the stand....

crazy grin

I have exactly none chance of seeing a deer this morning.

Lol

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My youngest is the same way, constantly doing something that is not conducive to better hunting smile

Got to love the deer blind bookie, stand up, sit down, turn around, wiggle and jiggle, bump and bang, and every so often odd strange sounds come from no where.....

But its all worth it when they close the deal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Zero deer sightings for me, not as much as a blind, 3 legged fawn.

The boys and I are back at it again. We had -2 degrees at the cabin this morning. I'm sitting with joey in Pam's stand this morning because he didn't want to hang out back at the cabin by himself. There is a lot if movement this morning, more than I've ever heard before.

It makes it difficult to tell if anything is going on outside of the stand....

crazy grin

I have exactly none chance of seeing a deer this morning.

Lol

Chance of seeing a deer, much less shooting one: 0%

Chance of awesome memories being made for Joey: 100%

Seems fair.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Now for a championship round of yahtzee back at the cabin after bacon and blueberry pancakes.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw 16 last night, no luck though, the bucks are going crazy right now, I SO wish I had a rifle tag for tomrrows opener. I saw a few this morning that won't live to see monday, not if they keep up what they are doing. I think I would have had better luck blindfolded, I had problem after problem this morning. first my blind got twisted and wouldn't set up, then one of the poles broke because it was so cold. when I packed it up at 10 am I spooked 3 deer on the opposite ridge. as I was walking out with everything on my back I walked right up to a nice 4x4 with his nose up a does rear. by the time I got the stuff set down and an arrow nocked he was out of range. somedays you just can't catch a break. frown oh well. there will be another day. good luck guys!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Charlie, I'm guessing you're in the UP. Only 3-4" of snow around here, which is just about right, IMHO.

I'm getting a bit antsy for tomorrow morning. Just gotta make it through 7 more hours on the clock. Should go quickly because I've got a mountain of stuff to take care of due to having next week off.

Scott, just south of you I think. 10 miles north of Grayling 5 miles south of Waters. Lots of snow but we're seeing deer in the oak ridges feeding. Not as many guys as I would've thought for a Sat opener.

My brother finally quit sawing logs after a strategically placed used sock was carefully placed. Prime Rib tonight and tomorrow let the games begin!

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CFT, I'd heard that area got some snow, but didn't realize it was that much. You're about 65 miles South of me; I'm just a few miles straight South of Mackinaw City. Tomorrow morning while waiting for dawn I'll be looking from my stand at the blinking red lights atop the South bridge tower.

Good luck to you and your camp. Stay safe and say warm.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Page 1,444 of 1,842 1 2 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

695 members (007FJ, 163dm, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,579
Posts18,454,063
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.