Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
TimZ Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So, I had a nice pair of Danner Hunting boots, they were about $150 or so several years ago. Not sure of the model name. I was wearing them deer hunting this year and both soles 90% separated from the uppers, to where they were just held on by a small strip, never saw anything like that before.
I packed them up with a nice note to Danner Returns, told them what happened and that I trusted them to do the right thing and send me a new pair.
Just got a call from Shawn there and he said it was the worst case he had seen, but given that the boots were out of warranty, the best they could do for me was a '40% off' coupon on my next pair.
Told him to keep the coupon and my boots and I would tell the story on every forum I frequent.
When I checked the tag on the boots, yes, they were Made in China......so I have learned my lesson.

Tim

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks for sharing your sense of entitlement.

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sorry your boots went to schit, but the warranty was expired and they went beyond what they needed to do and offered you 40% off of your next pair. They could have told you too bad out of warranty, go buy another pair.

Not sure what you expect a company to do. go broke replacing out of warranty items?

I'd do business with a company any time that will offer me 40% off because an out of warranty item went to hell.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's funny, you think a pair of boots should be under warranty for several years.

I'm thinking Danner went above and beyond when they offered you a 40% coupon, you should have took it as it was more than you deserved.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
And Tim, you'd probably receive much more support for this type of thing on a liberal website. FYI

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buy from Sierra Trading Post. Seems like they give a lifetime warranty on everything they sell. I have been in their Cody, WY, store many times and I would be ashamed to return some of the stuff I have seen there.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
About being made in China...blame the EPA. Years ago they outlawed the glue that holds the soles on. All glue-on boots and shoes have to be made offshore by law. It wasn't Danner's idea. The EPA almost completely destroyed the US shoe industry with 1 regulation.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
About being made in China...blame the EPA. Years ago they outlawed the glue that holds the soles on. All glue-on boots and shoes have to be made offshore by law. It wasn't Danner's idea. The EPA almost completely destroyed the US shoe industry with 1 regulation.

As they did,

Coal
Lead
Lumber
On and on and on.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Tim, for how long should a boot manufacturer offer a complete replacement policy, in your opinion?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had to replace the hydraulic timing chain tensioner on my '02 Ford Explorer a couple of weeks back. Ford didn't offer chit except to sell me the new part. The nerve!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Buy from Sierra Trading Post. Seems like they give a lifetime warranty on everything they sell. I have been in their Cody, WY, store many times and I would be ashamed to return some of the stuff I have seen there.

There you go. First place I look to buy any clothing or shoes is Nordstrom's. Their no questions asked -- 100% full return policy is unparalleled.

From there I have a list of proven positive customer service sellers that stand behind any vendor they offer. Sierra Trading Post included.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

TimZ Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The point some of y'all are missing and that I should have been more clear about is that the uppers were almost brand new, had only worn these things a few times. When you looked at them it was clear there had been a complete, very premature failure of whatever was used to affix the soles to the uppers. That is why the guy at Danner told me it was the worst case he had ever seen. I realize I should have taken a pic before I shipped them back and posted that.
Some of us are old enough to remember when companies were proud to stand behind their product....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TimZ
The point some of y'all are missing and that I should have been more clear about is that the uppers were almost brand new, had only worn these things a few times. When you looked at them it was clear there had been a complete, very premature failure of whatever was used to affix the soles to the uppers. That is why the guy at Danner told me it was the worst case he had ever seen. I realize I should have taken a pic before I shipped them back and posted that.
Some of us are old enough to remember when companies were proud to stand behind their product....

We probably missed it because you never said it. You clearly said "several years ago."

And your experience with them is opposite of mine. I have a 12 year old pair that I wear for work. I've sent them in for rebuilding three times. Once I had an issue with some stitching they did. Not only did they redo it and pay shipping both ways, but sent them back with a $100 coupon for any future purchase.

Of course, mine are the US made ones. Maybe they're trying to teach you to buy American. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a pair of Danner Wading boots for stocking foot waders and I got 17 years of fishing out of them and back then I spent at least part of every day just about on a trout stream, felt soles, and they are still usable, Danner don't make them anymore. I just sent a pair of boots from LL Bean to be rebuilt, I had them since 1997! Out of habit, I don't by anything made in china, the crap is to expensive for what you are really getting! Danner use to be a good boot company, but I guess they are living off there name and rep from a generation or two ago! I am going to need new hunting boots next year and I thing I am going to go to White's for them this time, yea I will spend a chunk of money but the boots will last a good 20 years or so and by then my hunting days will be done with

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pira114
Maybe they're trying to teach you to buy American. grin

Shouldn't have to "teach" you that to start with but yea,,, you should have taken their generous offer and used that coupon on some US Danners. They're great boots.

PS,,, my Toyota only had 40,000 miles and looked brand new when the 60,000mi/5yr warrantee expired.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tim you should have bought the company and re-tooled the whole danged thing!! laugh

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Take the lesson learned, and don't buy Danner boots.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Next time you buy Chinese goods consider if they last through the first day you're ahead in the game..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I didn't see your post, before i posted mine, same experience.
I am looking at a basically brand new pair of boots, hardly used, with a separated sole. And I didn't notice when i bought them they were made in china.
But then what isn't?
Opened a small jar of pickles the other night, label was marked made in vietnam. That makes you feel good.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...mber/9341122/gonew/1/danner_boots#UNREAD

Last edited by RoninPhx; 11/17/14.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Glue and rubber degrade over time.

My old man bought a 1965 Coronet a couple months ago with "new tires". They were mounted in 1985, drove home and parked and they dry rotted.

I would jumped on the 40% coupon for some American Danner boots. I own 5 pair of Danners from USA Elk Hunters to China made chitters and I have no bad experiences. I have a pair of Canadians from 1994 that have tons of miles on them, soles are good, uppers are good, Gore-tex is gone. They are out of warranty too, bastards.....

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (2UP, 338reddog, 35, 44mc, 007FJ, 16 invisible), 1,501 guests, and 893 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,582
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.