Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I posted this over on Hunting Rifles, but should have posted here (sorry about that). Anyone have experience/knowledge of reducing the length of pull on the Kimber synthetics ? I called Wild West Guns, they said they could do it. I need to shorten my wife's 7/08 considerably 1-1/4 to 1.5 " and my 325 by about .5. Who makes these stocks ?
Thanks

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have been told by Kimber that they make their own stocks. I don't know if they still do or not. I would call Kimber and see if there might be any surprises before you actually do the cutting. I have found Kimber open in answering questions about their product. Please let us know if you find out anything different.

L
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I have been told by Kimber that they make their own stocks. I don't know if they still do or not. I would call Kimber and see if there might be any surprises before you actually do the cutting. I have found Kimber open in answering questions about their product. Please let us know if you find out anything different.

-----------
I just got off the phone with Kimber, again. I spoke with the custom shop yesterday, interesting note = no custom work on the rifles. Everyone is very friendly and attempts to be helpful, but depending on who you speak depends on the answer. Yesterday, the custom shop said the pad was screwed and glued, not the case. I had previously looked for and indication of the pads being screwed, no indication of such. This was also confirm by the rep that I spoke with day - expoxy/glue attached only. Of couse, they say that they do not recomend cutting the stock because of possble cracking. The stocks are made by Kimber. Yesterday, I spoke with Wild West Guns (Anchorage) and they said they could do it. I am sure that they can, I have had work done there prior and was completely satisfied. They do a lot of work the synthetics on their custom guns. I hope to stop by their place Saturday and get more specifics from them and of course the price. I will have my wife's 7/08 done first, which at 5'-0" she needs about an 1-1/4 or so removed. I will ask them to save the cut-off piece and recoil pad, then I will or cut it cross ways to see how it is attached (unless it obvious). Hopefully, Jim West will be there when I stop by.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

382 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 1_deuce, 39 invisible), 1,885 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,719
Posts18,457,200
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.