Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Here's a Coke bottle at 15 feet through a 6x scope. If you can't make the shot at 15 feet you are likely a Jerry Lewis telethon recipient.

[Linked Image]

Looks perfect for azz-shootin dinks.

I certain that ALL 3-gunners will just crank their scope up to max power and throw their cat-tails in the trash after reading what swabbie-turned bus driver has to say on the subject.

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Post a pic, any pic, besides your black cum slurping mother.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 257heaven
A Leupy 4x33 would be good. Don't shy away from the older M8 scopes with the friction adjustments. I like them and they've never not worked for me.

Another to consider, if you can find one......is a Weaver Grand Slam 4.75 power. They haven't made them for awhile, but I see them every once-in-a-while for $150 to $175. Great scope for the money.

I had 2 WGS 4.75X scopes. Was really happy to own them for their lightness and brightness. The close out price was a nice bonus. A bit short on eye relief but extension bases solved that problem. Both failed to hold zero even when new and were sent to CS for repair. CS said no repair was possible but would replace or refund. I took the refund. I wished that they would have repaired them.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Post a pic, any pic, besides your black cum slurping mother.

Other men's loins, apparently with extra melanin, are always at the front of your feeble brain.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by carbon12
A Leupy 4x33 would be good. Don't shy away from the older M8 scopes with the friction adjustments. I like them and they've never not worked for me.

Another to consider, if you can find one......is a Weaver Grand Slam 4.75 power. They haven't made them for awhile, but I see them every once-in-a-while for $150 to $175. Great scope for the money.

I had 2 WGS 4.75X scopes. Was really happy to own them for their lightness and brightness. The close out price was a nice bonus. A bit short on eye relief but extension bases solved that problem. Both failed to hold zero even when new and were sent to CS for repair. CS said no repair was possible but would replace or refund. I took the refund. I wished that they would have repaired them.

That's schitty luck. Wonder why they wouldn't repair them??

I've had 2 and both held zero. Still have one and wish I wouldn't have sold the other.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by carbon12

That's schitty luck. Wonder why they wouldn't repair them??

I've had 2 and both held zero. Still have one and wish I wouldn't have sold the other.

My impression talking to the CS representative, it is ATK's business model to replace or refund in lieu of warranty work on discontinued models. I imagine it is far more economical to pull a new scope from inventory than to stock all the pieces and parts needed to repair all the optics ATK guarantees.

Since I refused the models they offered to replace my scopes with, I got the refund.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Readonly is the one that thinks you need a $2,500 scope to see the difference between a button and a doe....but of course, he doesn't point his rifle at anything until he ID's it.

Oh....AND he doesn't have time to use BINOCULARS!

Not sure if you're really this dense or if you're just trying to push buttons. Either way, if you can't have a rational discussion....I'm done wasting time.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tbear99
you don't feel the 6x would be too high for close shots.
i've never looked through 6x so i'm not sure

Set all your variables on 6x, and hunt with them for the whole year...see for yourself. That's what I did. Took game as close 15 yrds, not a problem.

Having said that, I think a 4x would suit your needs just fine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by readonly

Readonly is the one that thinks you need a $2,500 scope to see the difference between a button and a doe....but of course, he doesn't point his rifle at anything until he ID's it.

Not sure if you're really this dense or if you're just trying to push buttons. Either way, if you can't have a rational discussion....I'm done wasting time.

Good.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just ordered a K4 and a K6. I believe the K6 will go on a 35 Whelen that Redneck is doing up for me now. The K4.........not sure. Maybe the 300 Wby Mag to see what it will take.

I'm thinking there's a reason they're cheap.....I guess we'll see. At least they have a lifetime warranty.

Werent some guys saying there was an "eye relief" mounting issue on long actions?? Curious as to how it works out for you.

Ive own a couple of the older K4's one on a long one on a short...never an issue with me.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

He loves to stir the pot, he's trolling you. Your caught in his sites now and he won't stop until others pile on.

He will search all your posts like it's an obsession and comment

Been there

Last edited by cooperfan; 12/14/14.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I had an older K6 from probably 10 or so years ago. I couldn't find a rifle to mount it on and get adequate eye relief (other than rimfires). As I recall, the specs at the time listed the eye relief at a little over 3". They currently list eye relief at 3.6" which would be a big improvement. It was a decent scope, but sold it off due to eye relief - sounds like maybe the newer ones are better?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If you put one on a short action.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Never had an issue mounting Weaver "Ks" on long actions, going to put one on the next M98 I get done.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cooperfan

He loves to stir the pot, he's trolling you. Your caught in his sites now and he won't stop until others pile on.

Been there

I guess you're still butthurt about this thread....where I was further pointing out your hypocrisy after Al had already brought it up and several others had already commented on it. I definitely was not the first to pile on here....and I didn't search your posts at all......Al did, thank goodness. I guess you hold a grudge against most of the members here that commented. Good luck!

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7600333/all

Last edited by 257heaven; 12/14/14.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Been there

It's unfortunate, but I know the type. Got their butt kicked all through high school, not enough attention at home, whatever the case deep sense of inadequacy that they somehow think they're overcoming by being a tool and douchebag on the internet.

I'm sure in person he would just sit down and shut up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Been there

It's unfortunate, but I know the type. Got their butt kicked all through high school, not enough attention at home, whatever the case deep sense of inadequacy that they somehow think they're overcoming by being a tool and douchebag on the internet.

I'm sure in person he would just sit down and shut up.

LOL. Not at all surprised a major hypocrite and a contradictor caught in the act would flock together. Have fun with yourselves, boys.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Never had an issue mounting Weaver "Ks" on long actions, going to put one on the next M98 I get done.

Good to know.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
If it was mine, I would set it up with a Weaver Classic K4(4x38). The best scope for the application IMHO...very nice Japanese glass and under $175...and that K4 is PLENTY tough enough to handle the recoil.

Tim, I've yet to try the new Weavers however I had an older 70s metal K4 on a 45/70 for over 20 years. It was a very durable scope and gave zero problems.

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
told you

He may have Heaven in name, but I doubt he will see it

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,108
Posts18,464,281
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.