-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those are all Internet rumors, just like the groups......

That 7mag group is pretty sick. Too bad it came out of a $4,000 custom rig.

GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Thanks fellas. The T3 7 mag shot everything well. From 140gr to 175 anyway. Retumbo and 7828 seemed to be king. I picked up 500 160gr Mag Tips for a great price and tried them for giggles. They just flat a$$ shoot out of this thing. 175gr Hornadys over 69gr of Retumbo are sweet as well. I wish I could swing a McWoody for her,but just can't find the cash for one yet. The B&C will have to do for now.

Last edited by Otter6; 12/07/14.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't touch a thing on that rig, 'cept maybe send the rings to Pop. Hell, I'd be afraid to unbolt them....

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I've been thinking about having the rings done. They would be perfect for height afterward.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Otter6
Fluting and coating by Twisted Barrel.Stock by Bell & Carlson. 100yd group of day in day out Speer 160s.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Dang I see multiple issues with this rifle and that group

1. I don't own it
2. I don't own it
3. I don['t own it

LOL

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Don't despair oldelkhunter. Guns rotate in and out of here pretty regularly,lol. One never knows.

Last edited by Otter6; 12/11/14.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Don't despair oldelkhunter. Guns rotate in and out of here pretty regularly,lol. One never knows.

I actually have one in 270 win with the b&C but the bolt is not as pretty and it shoots like a crazy SOB. I just wish I had yours in 7 rm mag

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by 16bore
I can't believe fellas waste so much time and money messing with overpriced foreign budget rifles made out of plastic parts. grin

Let's see -

Bolt handles don't fall off - check.

Extractors work - check.

Triggers are easy to adjust are not under numerous recalls - check.

Guaranteed to shoot sub one-inch 3 shot groups - check.

Shoot well out of the box without having to "fix" things - check.

Darned if I know either - Grin.

drover

Non of this stuff has anything to do with why you should buy a rifle.... ..or so I've been told! laugh

The tikka is a dependable, straight shooting, POS don't you know! grin

In light of these facts I've been thinking about a Manners or BellCarlson stock for my 270 tikka. And maybe some of those machined Talley's from 16 bore. laugh

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I got my 7mm08 done for now. Thinking about fluting the bolt and adding a campfire style bolt knob. The custom talleys came out nice. I may paint the stock later.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Fluting and coating by Twisted Barrel.Stock by Bell & Carlson. 100yd group of day in day out Speer 160s.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Whats the all up weight?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

B
B
Hey fellas, getting started on a .300WM SuperLite build and this thread has me intrigued. Obviously I am new to the site and still finding my way around so I apologize if there is a better thread to address these questions.

I like the look of those custom Talley rings. Where are you all getting them done? Looks like 16bore is the one to contact? More importantly, can anyone confirm that there would be clearance with a Swaro Z3 or Z5 50mm scope?

Second, I have seen (I think on this site) where people have modified the stock with a soldering iron to add some grip texture. I can find videos on Stippling but that is just using a fine point to make tons of tiny holes. Are there any other techniques out there or How To threads/videos?

This is the image I am thinking of that was posted some 4 years ago...

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by gitem_12
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Whats the all up weight?

8.3 lbs with 4 of her favorite 160gr handloads on board.

Last edited by Otter6; 12/20/14.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BradS
Hey fellas, getting started on a .300WM SuperLite build and this thread has me intrigued. Obviously I am new to the site and still finding my way around so I apologize if there is a better thread to address these questions.

I like the look of those custom Talley rings. Where are you all getting them done? Looks like 16bore is the one to contact? More importantly, can anyone confirm that there would be clearance with a Swaro Z3 or Z5 50mm scope?

Second, I have seen (I think on this site) where people have modified the stock with a soldering iron to add some grip texture. I can find videos on Stippling but that is just using a fine point to make tons of tiny holes. Are there any other techniques out there or How To threads/videos?

This is the image I am thinking of that was posted some 4 years ago...

[Linked Image]

I would like that on mine as well. that's a good look.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can test out the stippling on something else thats plastic, but the "melt rate" will be a little different. If that makes sense. There's a gillion ways you can do it once you get and idea of what happens when you apply the tip to the stock. Also the shape of the tip will make a difference. One warming is a pointed tip going deep will somewhat "perferate" the stock.

As for the rings, will the scope sit in the ones from the factory? The Lows modified will put the tube .412 off the receiver.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks 16Bore. That's good info. I have no experience with soldering irons so some practice on "other" items will certainly be a good idea.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
up

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Here is a couple pics of my Manners EHT. Kampfeld flutes and cerekote job
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Pretty sweet! Love the flute work. Was this a stainless or blued rifle in the beginning?

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by JerradPelzer
Here is a couple pics of my Manners EHT. Kampfeld flutes and cerekote job
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Do you have any pics of the bottom of the stock? Curious if it's as square as the SL.

Thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That stock is wicked...

Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (163bc, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,882 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,453,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.