C
cowpoke Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Hi,

A couple of questions.

I have not seen what bell and carlson recommends torquing the screws to when putting one of their medalist stocks on a T3

and what are the folks who have these stocks been finding to work for them as far as torque on the screws.

Thanks

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by cowpoke
Hi,

A couple of questions.

I have not seen what bell and carlson recommends torquing the screws to when putting one of their medalist stocks on a T3

and what are the folks who have these stocks been finding to work for them as far as torque on the screws.

Thanks

They are a very tight fit in that stock because tikka T3 actions are pretty accurate in their dimensions rifle to rifle. I use 45 inch lbs , I use Lumley arms ss hex head screws which are top notch.

C
cowpoke Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
is that with the factory trigger guard etc, or did you put in a lumley bottom metal set up too?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by cowpoke
is that with the factory trigger guard etc, or did you put in a lumley bottom metal set up too?

That is factory bottom "metal" grin . I had a long talk with the guy that runs Lumley and he is about the nicest customer oriented person you will find . They had thoughts of making OEM replacement bottom metal for Tikkas but no plans yet in place. The bottom metal they make is superb for a tactical application. The day they make OEM bottom metal I will buy more Tikkas.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone please tell me 45 inch pounds equals what an average guy considers snug as he can safely get it using just one hand. blush

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Someone please tell me 45 inch pounds equals what an average guy considers snug as he can safely get it using just one hand. blush

It is pretty snug and I have heard of people running them in the mid 50's . I think 40-45 is plenty , the action ain't moving after I bedded it .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good job. I thought Tikka's were supposed to be crazy to bed with that recoil lug?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good job. I thought Tikka's were supposed to be crazy to bed with that recoil lug?

The trick is not to bed the recoil lug ..I have seen the lug covered with bedding compound on the conventional Tikka Lug and I have seen them bare and likewise on the B&C stock which has a built in lug. Its a tight fit on the front of the B&C lug so I left it alone and just bedded underneath all the other indentations in the action and tang area. Gotta be patient with that one. A Model 70 is a breeze compared to it .

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

For most I imagine that would be considerably more than 45 inch pounds.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice job oldelkhunter. I wondered how the B adn C would handle that setup.

FVA- hmm- ok, I do it very snug but not max arm wrestle sort of tight. So far so good. Guess I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for that bit of info.

. Confucius
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

The trick is not to bed the recoil lug ..I have seen the lug covered with bedding compound on the conventional Tikka Lug and I have seen them bare and likewise on the B&C stock which has a built in lug. Its a tight fit on the front of the B&C lug so I left it alone and just bedded underneath all the other indentations in the action and tang area. Gotta be patient with that one. A Model 70 is a breeze compared to it .

Alot of wisdom in this post. I've bedded two Tikkers. Both were a pain in the azz at the recoil lug. One was into a B&C stock. They turned out great, but were much harder than anticipated to get to fit correctly before allowing to set up.

I torqued mine to 45 inch pounds and have been happy with the results.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (44mc, 7887mm08, Akhutr, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, 12 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 842 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,234
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.