-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can tell you that I bought an Artemis, the predecessor to the Meopro, at least ten years ago and it is still perfect. Meopta had just been introduced in America and at the time only one place I know of sold them. Cusotmer service at the time was like working with your brother- just instant and bending over backwards to please. HAven't had to use them since so I don't know what growth has done to them.

Dad bought the same Artemis a few years later. His eyes can no longer use reticles so we got him an illuminated red dot to replace it. We found the idiot "smith" had used red loctite on the ring screws. Heat didn't help and I pried the top ring from the lower one- destroying them in the process.
Great side note - anyone remember Gibsons hardware stores? They have one in Kerrville with a great gun selection. They actually had a set of CZ rings. Can you believe it? Anyway after all that the Meopta works flawlessly. You can rest assure a Meopro is a VERY rugged scope. I chose a Vx3 over one only because it was going on a lightweight rifle. Love the VX3 to death but the adjustments on the Meopta are more positive.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
The meopro scopes are very good no doubt but like the Zeiss Conquest series scopes they are heavier and much bulkier looking than Leupold's sleeker and lighter scopes....some probly like the Bulky look better but I prefer the sleek look and will always choose a lighter weight optic...........Hb

Yep.....you beat me to it.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Ghostman
When you can get a Meopta Meopro from Cameraland for less than both Leupold models and has a LOT better glass why would anyone even consider a Leupold?

+1

I have either owned or own a Bushnell 4200 & 6500, VX-2, VX-3, VX-R, Meopro, VX-6, Nightforce and Z6i.

IMO, the Meopta Meopro(3-9x40 BDC) is by far and wide the best value and likely the only scope I will buy again going forward.

I am no expert, but for me its optics quality at dusk alone make it worth the extra ~$100 and 2oz's of weight. Nor did I find my 40mm Meopta to be any bulkier than my Leupolds.

Having said all that, the VX3 is a very good hunting scope and found it to have better glass, mainly in misty or raining conditions, than my VX2.

Just my 2 cents, hope that helps.

Kindest regards.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

580 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,301
Posts18,449,049
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.