Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK, I loaded CC cleaner, updated JAVA and did all of the other stuff including changed my baseline system to Mozilla Firefox BUT.... I STILL get page error most of the time when I try to log on. The message is an exclamation point with "The page was re set while loading, try again. I try.... and try..... and try..... and I only get on here very occasionally. VERY frustrating. Rick, if you or anyone else here knows what I should do about this, please e-mail me with the answer to: kritterluverslive.com

A reply here may do me no good as I was unable to get here at all for several days and last night I got in one post before the 'server busy - page was re set' message came back up and kept me off all night and this morning until just now. HELP!!!!!!

Last edited by safariman; 07/10/09.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB4 (EMPTY)

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Rough patch in a new system upgrade. hang in there.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is the only website I consistently have problems with. I haven't made any of the changes and really don't intend to. It is NOT my systemm or computer or software as it is doing the same thing on any of three machines I use. A dell desktop running XP a Compaq Laptop running Vista and this Netbook running XP.My service is thru cox cable. I have difficulty loading most of the time when I have trouble. I get the message 'Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage'. The other problem is navigating within when I finally DO log on. You hit the return and it just freeezes. Enjoy participating when I can but it is definitely becoming one of my less preferred sites because of these problems. Itis the ONLY site I experience these difficulties with.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ditto!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hate to be a gadfly but designing a website that doesn't work with Explorer is a really bad idea.

Explorer has about a 75% share of the market.

I used to do this for a living and I know what I am talking about. Cleaning caches and other ways of optimizing your browser isn't going to correct poor web protocols.

This board is based on a system [UBB] that has a record of trouble going back many years.

My fear is that this great group of people are going to eventually tire of the site not loading correctly or whatever the problem is.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
loaded and ran ccleaner already had java. faster, but my Zlib is enabled help.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
this is, without a doubt, the slowest loading, most troublesome web site i visit (or try to visit) daily. i use windows xp, explorer, kaspersky, java, and others, along with high speed sat. feed, and rarely have speed issues on the other gun/hunting-related sites. i'll keep trying because i enjoy this site.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
couple days ago while being logged on to 24hr, my computer locked up, Mcafee security blocked access and had to update my security and clean my cumputer. fine now

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Generated in 0.024 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

I'm a computer dummie. How's this and what the heck is Zlib compression? Should it be enabled or disabled?

Thanks,
Dave.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have a brand new computer, new software, IE8. the works.All other web sites load in a flash.This is the only website I visit that is slow. Usually at least 30 seconds to load and then the same when moving from page to page. also the only web site that I frequent that requires Adobe Flash Player and Java.I belive they are only required for all the advertisements

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I did the things that Rick recommended and performance has vastly improved plus, chicks think I'm hot.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I have a brand new computer, new software, IE8. the works.All other web sites load in a flash.This is the only website I visit that is slow. Usually at least 30 seconds to load and then the same when moving from page to page. also the only web site that I frequent that requires Adobe Flash Player and Java.I belive they are only required for all the advertisements

Same here. I'm not having problems with any other site but the 'Fire!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rick,
I'm trying to find the tutorial on posting pics. Can you guide me to it?

Thanks

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Rick,
I'm trying to find the tutorial on posting pics. Can you guide me to it?

Thanks

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/696239/1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Security settings at work coupled with the ever-increasing amount of ads/script running on the 'fire have made it impossible/unbearable to view the forum during downtime at work. Maybe that is a good thing for work . . . but I don't think it's a good thing for the forum.

Give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above. Don't fence me in.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I'm new here and was having the same problem with just this site (everything else ran fine). I don't know why it would matter for here but I changed my DNS servers to google ones instead of my ISP's and it's working fine now.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
use to be my favorite site..now getting sick of even tring to get here let alone go through it...what a shame...someone here knows why this is an issue and I suspect it has to do with greed or ignorance, but then again, I am ignorant and frustrated with using the internet in general...bottom line is this isn't near as fun as it use to be..i am not going to try to read all the bs needed to make this site work for me anymore because I do not want to spent over an hour waiting to read each suggestion inbetween clicks to straighten this joke out..i suggest if you want long time users to keep coming back, you personally pm us so we can get the fix within only 15 minutes...pissed in Colorado, "elk"

Last edited by elkivory; 12/31/14.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
huh ??

Last edited by elkivory; 12/31/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm pretty sure you can download and install Firefox and the Adblock add-on in 15 minutes. Hopefully that wasn't too much bs for you to read.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
641 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 74 invisible), 2,757 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

ROW 1
ROW 2
Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
ROW 3
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
TD RANDOM