Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I opened every single one of these boxes and didn't find a single one that failed to properly track. cool

Personally shot every one and tested every one.

Don't you owe me a broken 2.5-8X36mm VX3 to test??

Emotion goes many ways. cool

WOW.... I guess you deserve a cookie... Thanks for solidifying the emotional comment...

If Leupy made a better product than what I own now I'd own them... If somebody else made something better I'd own those... I've given Leupold a run... Tried to like em... They don't last for ME... They may work for everyone else on the planet but if I can't use them then they are of no use to me and I will share MY experiences with them as I wish...

If Leupy's were such great scopes why would a guy have to install a worthless reticle and cheesey (not to be confused with Cheetohs) 1/3 MOA turrets to pimp them... The product can't stand on its own...It's not good enough for Captain Spray Tan to use as is... Shocking...

I don't owe you, or anyone else for that matter, anything at all... I was lucky enough to trip the VX3 before it fell apart... I do have a Mark 4 fixed 6x on the way to satisfy my curiosity on just how far a 6x will take me... If it happens to chit the bed before I'm done with it you are more than welcome to have it... Though the fixed 4's were pretty tough so don't hold your breathe... I'd hate to see you get red in the face.... Oh wait...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
elkhuntinguide,

My experience with Burris is the same. Burris was all I used and sold for years. Then they started failing. I no longer will use one. It's like a pox on me and Burris to be together.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I highly doubt the people involved with the video's cherry picked anything... I'd guess the comment comes from your emotional attachment to Leupy's... Its easy to find a Leupy that will fail a tracking test... All one has to do is open a Leupold Variable box and you're golden...

You're so full of Schit it's spewing out your ears. No offense grin

My attachment to Leupold isn't emotional, but IS completely RESULT oriented .............

Mark 4 6.5-20 LR ERT FFP

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

VX3 6.5-20 LR 40mm

[Linked Image]

Mark 4 M5 A2 6.5-20

[Linked Image]

Mark 4 M5 A2 6.5-20

840 yards

[Linked Image]

Mark 4 M5 A2 6.5-20 at every range imaginable in every condition imaginable...

[Linked Image]

VX2 6-18 LRVD

[img]http://i379.photobucket.com/al...A9-7498-4A4C-A5E5-C0307F5E3446.jpg[/img]

VX3 6.5-20 LR 40mm

760 yards

[img]http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/rcamuglia/Ibex030.jpg[/img]

VX2 6-18 LRVD

[img]http://i379.photobucket.com/al...052866E2-5495-000009C4A2D8EF2C.jpg[/img]

And my fave with the same POS scope that doesn't track or return to zero...

[img]http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/rcamuglia/c99227b0.jpg[/img]

There's so many more that I might get emotional

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And why are you addressing me with your comments SFB's ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Quoted ehg. Not directed to you at all.

Unruffle your panties!

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RDFinn
That's proprietary info I believe....

Just don't be telling everyone. Averaged about 80rnds per. grin

Scopes went on the collimator and adjustments were verified. Mounted and shot through breakin.

Of course others were run for a bit longer.

This is the optic on my .264 Win today. It was a return from a famous gunbuilder because it would not "track". I decided to test it and it worked OK for my use. Never been back to Leupold grin

7mm Rem Mag Barrel
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

750 yds with the 7mm Mag barrel.

[Linked Image]

Lots of round later the 7mm Barrel died. frown

New .264 Win Mag Barrel and miraculously the scope was right back on "track". laugh

760yds, on video. grin

[Linked Image]

780yds on this Buck.

[Linked Image]

450yds. Better buck than I am used too. grin

[Linked Image]

Still workin.

[img]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/DSC_0031_zpsb800cb05.jpg[/img]

4 digits on the range finder. (1000yds) grin

[img]http://i1205.photobucket.com/a...0131119_093023_844_zpsc130453a.jpg[/img]

Darn still workin perfectly.

[img]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/DSC00068_zpsf27f7de1.jpg[/img]

Latest picture I have is my bull this year. 550yds.

[img]http://i1205.photobucket.com/a...014%20Elk/DSC01214_zpse1929bae.jpg[/img]

Scope has 2 more elk (575 yds and 40 yds) this year and the barrel is running up on the 2K mark.

I rather expect any day now the scope will explode and poke my eye out but it sure seems to be doing OK up to this point. laugh laugh

Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide

If Leupy made a better product than what I own now I'd own them... If somebody else made something better I'd own those... I've given Leupold a run... Tried to like em... They don't last for ME... They may work for everyone else on the planet but if I can't use them then they are of no use to me and I will share MY experiences with them as I wish...

Cool. You got it all figured, except, as the OP you couldn't figure out how to actually watch the videos you posted or to figure out how compensate for click values that don't match specs. cool

Sharing that kind of "experience" might not be as great as you imagine. But rock on as you are on a roll.

It is also worth saying that you did not "share MY experience" in the OP but instead posted others videos.

[
If Leupy's were such great scopes why would a guy have to install a worthless reticle and cheesey (not to be confused with Cheetohs) 1/3 MOA turrets to pimp them... The product can't stand on its own...It's not good enough for Captain Spray Tan to use as is... Shocking...

The non emotion in there is striking, Captain Spray Tan laugh laugh . I like the passion. I might recommend redirecting.

I don't owe you, or anyone else for that matter, anything at all... I was lucky enough to trip the VX3 before it fell apart... I do have a Mark 4 fixed 6x on the way to satisfy my curiosity on just how far a 6x will take me... If it happens to chit the bed before I'm done with it you are more than welcome to have it... Though the fixed 4's were pretty tough so don't hold your breathe... I'd hate to see you get red in the face.... Oh wait...

Well actually you did agree to run that VX3 to failure and then send it to me. As you admit you were unable to get it to fail. Seems simple to me but ,bluntly, not surprising as nobody has been willing to let me test a supposed "broken" VX3.

I didn't respond to your OP to start a pissing match but that stupid statement about all VX3s fail was just too dumb to leave stand.

You don't like Leupold, we get it. Some of us, using Leupold, have done way more than you in hunting situations.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
that was a pretty interesting test. I sure would love to see more scopes tested like the vortex pst series along with the SWFA super sniper line. bottom line if you want tracking just buy a nightforce. There isn't anything better that I have seen at any price point. I loved that test because it got rid of the shooter and the accuracy of the rifle.

bryan litz on applied ballistics said he has never seen enough tracking error with nightforce to make a difference to even bother with correcting for. However the leupold he tested had a 4% tracking error.

you guys that are leupold lovers. quit denying facts it is what it is. both the leupolds in that test IMO failed the tracking test. Really in my mind bushnell and nightforce were the only ones that passed.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
You're so full of Schit it's spewing out your ears. No offense grin

My attachment to Leupold isn't emotional, but IS completely RESULT oriented .............

There's so many more that I might get emotional

Another great showing to solidify the emotional attachment to an inanimate product... I doubt one would pull out the family photo album with pics of holes in paper, dead animals with yardage tags and pics of a self built shrine of how awesome you think you are to show what a great product you own and attempt to awe the masses of its/your awesomeness...

You could probably place well entering a high jump match with midgets as well... Still not impressive by any means...

Which were the two scopes you just sent recently to Leupold for repairs that failed you and your awesomeness...

The pics do nothing for proof of your "Champion' scope's durability, tracking, zero retention or anything else you are hoping to accomplish here... Leupold has a high failure rate for those that truly use a scope as said scope was designed or marketed... That is a given... For most a leupold is a great scope and may serve them well... Thats fine... For others it's pure junk plain and simple...

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
There was no emotion in my post(s) either way... I understand you sell Leupold and will jump at the chance to prove its awesomeness... I would expect that from a salesman... Your pics and videos, although quite cute,don't impress the least bit...

I didn't start this thread to have a Leupy fight, nor did I claim the video's as MY own... I am posting from my phone in a bad service area thus the reason I had trouble watching them, and I do now how to compensate for click values that don't match specs but why would a guy spending 2k on an optic want to deal with it... IMO thats a failure in itself but YMMV...

I shared my experience with the Leupy variable failures I have had... Every variable I have owned has failed at one time or another except the 2.5-8...Which in time would have done the same... I traded it for the Mark 4 6x, to this day I have not had a major failure of a fixed Leupy... One had tracking issues and was repaired and has since been sold...

I have no hate for Leupy... I had invested a large amount (to me) in their scopes and additional amounts in turret/reticle changes and could not see dumping more cash into a product that consistently fails...

I'll ask again.... If Leupy's were such great scopes why would a guy have to install a worthless reticle and cheesey (not to be confused with Cheetohs) 1/3 MOA turrets to pimp them... The product can't stand on its own... You seemed to miss that question...

You may have accomplished more using a Leupold than I have using a Leupold but don't pull a muscle trying to pat yourself on the back for your accomplishments.... You have no Idea of what I have accomplished or could you ever... That is a fact...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Another great showing to solidify the emotional attachment to an inanimate product... I doubt one would pull out the family photo album with pics of holes in paper, dead animals with yardage tags and pics of a self built shrine of how awesome you think you are to show what a great product you own and attempt to awe the masses of its/your awesomeness...

Well, thanks for thinking I'm awesome smile

The pics were posted simply to illustrate results of using Leupold optics. I'm positive that anyone else who can shoot would have the same results using the same optics.

You're statement says that my ability can overcome poor equipment which is a nice compliment, but not true grin

You could probably place well entering a high jump match with midgets as well... Still not impressive by any means...

This is the first thing I've seen you post that's true grin

Which were the two scopes you just sent recently to Leupold for repairs that failed you and your awesomeness...

Actually it's the scope used to shoot the two awesome groups in the first two awesome pictures...a Mark 4 6.5-20 LR ERT FF TMR.

[Linked Image]

I chose to show those examples of the awesome results I've had with Leupold simply because it happened within the last awesome week of my awesome life. As you can see, Leupold did an awesome job of repairing it

The pics do nothing for proof of your "Champion' scope's durability, tracking, zero retention or anything else you are hoping to accomplish here...

Only someone with a true emotional hard on for a particular outcome could say that while looking at undeniable results obtained with the product. The pictures are IN FACT proof the scope's durability, tracking, zero retention.

... For most a leupold is a great scope and may serve them well... Thats fine... For others it's pure junk plain and simple...

I think those folks for whom Leupold scopes have worked well probably can shoot...for those that think Leupold is junk probably can't shoot.

It's a lot easier to blame the optic than to admit a complete lack of awesomeness

cool

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's proprietary info I believe....

All you need is 8000.00 dollars.
Originally Posted by gonzaga
Wow!!!! Someone who is actually willing to show some informative shooting results, instead of just talking chit about how great they are and how everyone else is a "[bleep] idiot"...Lol
Thanks EHG,

+1
Thanks for the informative test EHG.
Spot on results.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

RC, I am sure you are a better competitive shot than I am, but that doesn't mean that I am incapable of detecting tracking issues. I used leupolds for a number of years before switching to Nighforce NXS and then to S&B.
In my experience S&B is the finest scope I have ever used and that includes Zeis Davari and US Optics. The lowlight ability of S&B has to be seen to be believed. Coupled with extremely precise tracking and renown reliability as well as resolution comparable to top spotting scopes and you become spoiled.

[Linked Image]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep. No question whatsoever that the S&B's are great scopes. Most of the guys in the top 50 of all precision shooters are using them.

You've seen me post about the scopes I use and the fact that the Mark 4 M5 A2's on my target rifles are the best functioning scopes that my gunsmith has ever seen in over 25 years of mounting and testing scopes.

What that means is that the scope was tested in a similar fashion to what is seen in the videos in the OP. The scope was dialed and actual movement of the reticle was checked and compared to what was dialed. These particular scopes are perfect in every way, all the way to the end of travel where the knob bottoms out and stops.

The value dialed is exactly the value the reticle moves for the entire length of its travel.

I'm kind of a "if it's not broke, don't fix it" type of guy.

Plus the fact that they are 1/2 of the price of S&B...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
... I've given Leupold a run... Tried to like em... They don't last for ME...

Your not alone in that.
Longevity has always been an issue.
Build quality, chi-com parts.
Might work great out of the gate but in the long run,you will get burned.And more than likely at the worst possible time.
dave

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys are really selling Rick Ham-uglia short on his amazing shooting skills. I mean do you guys have any idea how much skill is involved in guessing how much erector shift he deals with, compensating for same and still make hits on steel plates ? And Burns....Burns can make leg shots on Elk at hundreds and hundreds of yards and still smile for the photo op too........I'm truly not worthy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow.

I guess if I used Steiner, I'd rule the World laugh

I'd call you an idiot, but that would be an insult to all idiots

grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No offense taken as I think you're a jerk-off as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Captain Spray Tan

Classic.

dave

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Very interesting John. Any of those scopes VX-3's ?
I had a chance to shoot with one of the local sheriff's TAC Squad guys not long ago. About 2/3's of them were shooting fancy looking AR-10 rifles with Leupold VX-3's. Hunting scopes, not Mk.4 scopes.
They worked as they should.
BTW, in Kalifornia, any police sniper must shoot his rilfe at least once a month. He must record the weather conditions, and note exactly where his first and last round hit. If he shows up in court over any shots he took, he must be able to prove the rifle was properly zeroed, etc. E

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Captain Spray Tan

Classic.
dave

Do you know how I know when the other fella knows he don't really know what he thought he knew but his ego won't let him let it go?? wink

It is classic, in so much as it is a predictable outcome in these types of threads. laugh

And Burns....Burns can make leg shots on Elk at hundreds and hundreds of yards and still smile for the photo op too........I'm truly not worthy.

WTF are you yappin about???

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (22kHornet, 280fan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 40 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,286
Posts18,467,868
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.