Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jarodjohns
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Guys don't really NEED a Ti 260 for their kids to learn how to shoot.

Not the point i'm trying to make. But I don't want to make enemies as I enjoy this site so i'll leave my opinions to myself on the topic going forward..

I know. I'm just saying that you're comparing apples to oranges. 22 ammo is near and dear to our hearts because it's what most of us learned to shoot with. My kids are learning to shoot with them. I feel bad for those that didn't buy enough to last them through this bullschitt that has only been extended by the likes of no balls in his sack bill. My kids shoot 177 cal air rifles and 223 in addition to 22 LR now. And my son shoots an old single shot Remington 22 versus the 10/22 with the 25-rd mag that he used to shoot. No big deal for me or him.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Originally Posted by 28lx
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'd be more pissed at the Yankees for continually electing Obama.

I'd me more pissed that the CSA had a President that tried to escape disguised as a woman.

I'm more pissed we've got a woman trying to destroy the country disguised as a man.

Agree

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Funny stuff...I 'm not buying any more 'til I start to get short and when I do it won't be from scalpers...I know a couple places that USUALLY have a little in stock...

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
damn! I'm out of popcorn. nothing on neflix as entertaining!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Funny stuff...I 'm not buying any more 'til I start to get short and when I do it won't be from scalpers...I know a couple places that USUALLY have a little in stock...

22LR is on the shelves here at the LGS pretty regular now.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A thing is never worth what you paid for it, it's only worth what someone else will give you for it.

C
C
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I think he's lying, with a name like that he's gotta from Saugatuck!
Around here we call it sausage suck.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SweetWilliam
... cause I'll never be back here again.

Good God, I hope you mean it.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm a rimfire nut and in the past couple months I've had no problem finding actual good stuff for not much more than gay Willy is trying to gouge us with - Wolf, SK, Eley - Do a simple Google search of some of the shooting supply houses more commonly known to the competitive shooters. It's there and getting better.

At any rate, the entertainment value of this thread is through the roof! The propane tank thing hit home For him I suspect. Anybody else think there's probably a picture of Willy on a People of Wal Mart thread somewhere out there? laugh

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
[Linked Image]

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The amount of stupidity in this thread is quite impressive, but I have to admit I am not surprised. 13+ pages of adults blathering on like petulant children, each trying to get in on what they perceive is some social injustice of .22 pricing. What a joke.

It amazes me how folks get so butthurt over the way people price their items, as if they are somehow being forced to buy. Hell, they aren't even being forced to click on the thread, much less pay what the guy is asking. What difference does it make? If you aren't going to buy the stuff, mind your business and move along. It really is that simple. Who cares if he's asking .10/round or $10/round? The market will bear out a price. Period. Its capitalism. Its how the free market works, yet you guys are ridiculing the guy as though he's selling life vests on the Titanic.

Gouging and scalping .22 ammo, how is that even possible?

I can sell my Remington 700 Ti 7mm-08 all day long for more than I paid for it new, and there would be people lined up to buy it. I can sell my 700 Mountain Rifle .280 for a profit, and still have no shortage of people emailing me saying they'll take it. I could post my blued/wood Model 7 .260 and make a decent amount, and still have no shortage of buyers. Yet, a guy posts .22LR ammo for $0.10/round, and the ignorant masses here can't wait to grab their pitchforks to crucify the guy.

Some of you should be absolutely embarrassed.

C
C
Originally Posted by Jason280
The amount of stupidity in this thread is quite impressive, but I have to admit I am not surprised. 13+ pages of adults blathering on like petulant children, each trying to get in on what they perceive is some social injustice of .22 pricing. What a joke.

It amazes me how folks get so butthurt over the way people price their items, as if they are somehow being forced to buy. Hell, they aren't even being forced to click on the thread, much less pay what the guy is asking. What difference does it make? If you aren't going to buy the stuff, mind your business and move along. It really is that simple. Who cares if he's asking .10/round or $10/round? The market will bear out a price. Period. Its capitalism. Its how the free market works, yet you guys are ridiculing the guy as though he's selling life vests on the Titanic.

Gouging and scalping .22 ammo, how is that even possible?

I can sell my Remington 700 Ti 7mm-08 all day long for more than I paid for it new, and there would be people lined up to buy it. I can sell my 700 Mountain Rifle .280 for a profit, and still have no shortage of people emailing me saying they'll take it. I could post my blued/wood Model 7 .260 and make a decent amount, and still have no shortage of buyers. Yet, a guy posts .22LR ammo for $0.10/round, and the ignorant masses here can't wait to grab their pitchforks to crucify the guy.

Some of you should be absolutely embarrassed.
Sorry daddy don,t spank us laugh

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
... Its capitalism. Its how the free market works, yet you guys are ridiculing the guy...

There is a difference between capitalism and price gouging greed and IMHO this is the latter.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You're kidding, right?? It's fairly obvious you have a juvenile understanding of finance, but surely you aren't that naive...

Price gouging and greed? I would assume someone intelligent enough to use a computer would understand that neither word exists in true free market economies.

Just to be curious, but what do you think should be a fair price on the ammo? .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apparently he sold it on another site. Or at least it looks like it.

Calling people stupid definitely isn't rising above it. Carry on.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

If you aren't going to buy the stuff, mind your business and move along.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Yep 22's are now showing up at slightly higher prices.

I think the "unsaid" part here.. is the fact that most people think the Hoarders were the stupid people buying more than they could remotely ever shot, EVER... Which impacted the normal guy who hunts, and or buys plinking rounds of the kids... So payback is out there just waiting for the same goofballs trying to sell at the higher than market prices they paid while hoarding in the first place.

Most of us old farts have seen dumb behavior before so many of we stocked up as to not get caught short, but the one's who couldn't get 22's for the last 1.5 years have some love to share.

Best sell something other then 22's if you aren't at local store prices for this year.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
White Knights...TFF!

Dave

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A person can charge whatever he/she wants to for any given product - that is their right and I will help defend that right, it is the Free Enterprise system. However while they have their rights, I have mine too. So if I want to laugh and make fun of them for charging a perceived exorbitant price, that is my right. I suppose if a person isn't going to buy and isn't going to join in the laughing either, then they should just "move along" and not bash those of us making fun of Willie.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I see another ohio buddy bought them. Why did you remove the slur against the CF?

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,482 guests, and 726 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,676
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.