Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by srwshooter
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I can't find the picture but my Taxidermist had a giant buck(the guy shot it at Sanctuary in Michigan) jumping reared on hinds and with front legs curled.
The client build a 2 story game room the size of a gymnasium,walls studded and covered with 3/4" plywood then drywall,so he didn't have to find a stud for hanging all his mounts
On the upper balcony he was putting 2 fully mounted doe,another big buck and a barbed wire fence with the buck leaping over it.
It was an outstanding mount and in that application very cool
In my house not so much

i saw the same pic you are talking about. it was a very nice mount.those full body mounts are such dust collectors . they need to be cleaned often. shoulder mounts are bad enough to keep clean.

The issue to me with full body, is keeping the base clean when its a 'natural' base.
The mount, no big deal, its no worse than wiping 3 or so shoulder mounts, and since its full deer and not 1/3 of the deer that makes total sense.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by srwshooter
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I can't find the picture but my Taxidermist had a giant buck(the guy shot it at Sanctuary in Michigan) jumping reared on hinds and with front legs curled.
The client build a 2 story game room the size of a gymnasium,walls studded and covered with 3/4" plywood then drywall,so he didn't have to find a stud for hanging all his mounts
On the upper balcony he was putting 2 fully mounted doe,another big buck and a barbed wire fence with the buck leaping over it.
It was an outstanding mount and in that application very cool
In my house not so much

i saw the same pic you are talking about. it was a very nice mount.those full body mounts are such dust collectors . they need to be cleaned often. shoulder mounts are bad enough to keep clean.

A few years ago my kids got me a Marshall Designs Trophy Duster for Christmas. Easy peasey. grin

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This is one of my favorites

[Linked Image]

Also like these

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i use a product called taxidermy magic. it repels dust. spray it on a few times a year,it really freshens them up.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I like life-size mounts but the laying down deer is not my favorite pose (nor is it for most other animals).

Shoulder mounts make up the majority of my trophy room with a couple life-size animals. There are some animals that I think make a really great skull mount (like a roan), but I have yet to be able to bring myself to have an animal done that way. I just love to see all the markings on the fur. I suspect the euro mounts will happen sometime sooner than later for me though as space is rapidly becoming limited in my little trophy room.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Love that full body mount

You can shear a sheep many times.But you can only skin him once!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Big deer, terrible taxidermy.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

614 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,304
Posts18,449,089
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.